Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Points goals & other stats
Question 
So we finished in 9th spot on 44 points. Top scorer Liam Boycey Boyce on 11.

A season which was weirdly split, and rescued by a massive effort led by Jim'n'Billy.

How do our stats compare with our other Premiership seasons?

Hmmm.
Soz Jim'n'Billy

4 points better off than last year.

Turns out we had enough points at the split. What was all the fuss about?

(05-23-2015, 07:14 PM)IDW16 Wrote: 4 points better off than last year.

wonder if our previous manager will mention that in his next bitter and twisted interview with the daily papers

Just six defeats on the road, only bettered by Celtic and Aberdeen

It really was a horrible start,

Lots of players who weren't worthy of the shirt. and some who have vastly improved since Adams left.

I think we can be quite proud of what we have achieved second half, and hopefully build on that for next season.

(05-23-2015, 08:54 PM)peter griffin Wrote: wonder if our previous manager will mention that in his next bitter and twisted interview with the daily papers

I'd like to thank him for signing Liam Boyce.

Good Shout Stuart Taylor! Still the anti Adams brigade won't let it go! Just be thankful as Stuart said for signing the likes of Boyce and move on. All ex managers get interviewed at some point about how their ex clubs are doing and no matter what they say they can't win. Adams like any other manager deserves the right to work so if the press want to ask him his opinion in an interview then fair play. If you want to hear bitter and twisted ex managers just read Alex Smith's column in the P & J. To this day he blames Roy for his failure at the club. At least Adams brought success at half the cost. Just saying though!

I,m not anti Adams,he is the one that wont let it go,i know what a good job he did at county but it really is quite embarrassing he has to keep bringing it up that he was badly treated,funny how Aadms signings have become better players under the new regime don't you think? Ps fair play to roy for keeping a dignified silence on what an ex manager has been saying about way things were handled.

Roy slated Adams at the supporters meeting say that in the second season in the top flight that 7th position finish was a false position. That is the most disrespectful thing to say as if at the end of the season you finish 7th you deserve it as anyone that knows anything about football knows that the league table does not lie! You can have all the luck in a cup run but you are not lucky over a whole season. To be honest nothing that Adams has said from what I can see is bitter he has just answered the questions by the press as to what happened. How can you say it is bitter? Clearly one mans truth is another mans bitterness!

Let it go.

(05-25-2015, 07:46 AM)john@THHP Wrote: Let it go.

Well said John, enough of the looking back - onwards and upwards under Jim and Billy!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(05-25-2015, 07:46 AM)john@THHP Wrote: Let it go.

Frozen fan too huh? I like that crazy snowman, he's so funny.

(05-25-2015, 11:36 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Frozen fan too huh? I like that crazy snowman, he's so funny.

O"he's a"laf!! Big Grin

Keep an eye out on STV Sport tomorrow for an article about the most prolific forwards in the league.

If I have my figures correct, I have Liam Boyce as the Premiership's most prolific striker outside Celtic, in terms of the amount of goals scored+assists made per 90 minutes played. I have Boyce scoring or making a goal every 114 minutes.

I think Boyce's NPGA90 (Non-penalty goals and assists per 90 mins) rating is 0.79, which is comparable to Melvin's 0.72 from last year on a similar amount of time played. Last season, de Leeuw was the most prolific outside Celtic, Motherwell and Kris Boyd.

It just goes to show how well he is doing already, but there is so much yet-untapped potential.

Thumbs Up 
(05-25-2015, 05:18 PM)john@THHP Wrote: Keep an eye out on STV Sport tomorrow for an article about the most prolific forwards in the league.

If I have my figures correct, I have Liam Boyce as the Premiership's most prolific striker outside Celtic, in terms of the amount of goals scored+assists made per 90 minutes played. I have Boyce scoring or making a goal every 114 minutes.

I think Boyce's NPGA90 (Non-penalty goals and assists per 90 mins) rating is 0.79, which is comparable to Melvin's 0.72 from last year on a similar amount of time played. Last season, de Leeuw was the most prolific outside Celtic, Motherwell and Kris Boyd.

It just goes to show how well he is doing already, but there is so much yet-untapped potential.

Now Thats What I Call Stats
Soz Jim'n'Billy

(05-25-2015, 05:18 PM)john@THHP Wrote: Keep an eye out on STV Sport tomorrow for an article about the most prolific forwards in the league.

On Saturday we were frothing at the partnership Gardyne and Boyce are developing.
Imagine if those two had De Leeuw and De Vita on the other side?
Ooft.

Might not be as good for the team as having Curran is, but from a daydreaming, 'liquid football' fantasy it'd be a nice attacking lineup.

I reckon Curran should score plenty next season. A bit unlucky not to score v Hamilton there.

Boycey, Midge & De Vita should make and score plenty too. All 4 create opportunities for each other.
Soz Jim'n'Billy

Heart 

It's getting a bit like this!

[Image: StattoBBC_468x312.jpg]

(05-25-2015, 07:04 PM)Les Westander Wrote: Boycey, Midge & De Vita should make and score plenty too. All 4 create opportunities for each other.

Gardyne had seven assists this season, all from open play.

The league's 'assists from open play' table goes like this:

[Image: Screenshot_2015_05_29_07_44_47.png]

Gardyne is in good company there. It's worth noting that the others in the table have played more football than him this season, with the exception of Lionel Ainsworth.

Liam Boyce has 5 assists from open play; De Vita has 3.

I mentioned the NPGA90 rating in the post above. That is, looking at how many goals and assists a player contributes per 90 minutes played. The higher the number the better.

Of those players in the league with five assists or more from open play, ranking of NPGA90 is as follows:

[Image: Screenshot_2015_05_29_07_45_04.png]

De Vita's NPGA90 rating would have him between Gardyne and Commons in the table, but of course he has played a lot less than the others (just over 1,000 minutes). It's presumptuous to expect excellent numbers from De Vita over the whole season just on 12 games' worth of form (which makes Greg Stewart's season all the more accomplished because he's been consistent throughout... last season he was playing for Cowdenbeath).

Nonetheless, if you do extrapolate De Vita's form over the average minutes played of all those who have assisted five or more (around 2,200 minutes), then he would have finished the season around or just behind Gardyne's numbers. Boyce, Gardyne and De Vita would have all been in the league's top six players for being clinical in the final third.

And we have all three for another two years.

Thanks to Thom Watt from STV for providing the raw numbers.