Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 37 Votes - 2.73 Average
Speculation thread
(08-30-2019, 10:30 PM)the reaper Wrote: And.......?

And... ?

I strongly suspect there will be some more Business done before then

I look forward to seeing what today brings

Looks like Blackburn and Stoke have Ross stewart on their radar for January, hope not, then we really will be doomed.

Every season it seems like we're doomed to lose one of our best:

Irvine
Boyce
Naismith
Lindsay
Stewart?

Depressing to think about.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

(12-04-2019, 05:46 PM)Despot Wrote: Every season it seems like we're doomed to lose one of our best:

Irvine
Boyce
Naismith
Lindsay
Stewart?

Depressing to think about.
Agree but each one was developed, moved on for money and replaced. This is a club that takes young players and gives them a chance to develop on a platform they would not get at many clubs. I've enjoyed watching Ross develop in his time with us and would like to see him move up the scale. He is a very good player. we were never going to keep him here. There will be more. Have faith.

(12-04-2019, 05:54 PM)the reaper Wrote: Agree but each one was developed, moved on for money and replaced. This is a club that takes young players and gives them a chance to develop on a platform they would not get at many clubs. I've enjoyed watching Ross develop in his time with us and would like to see him move up the scale. He is a very good player. we were never going to keep him here. There will be more. Have faith.

I know, just gutting to think about!
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

Think his price just went up a bit tonight

(12-04-2019, 10:47 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: Think his price just went up a bit tonight

Quite a bit. He put in some shift.

(12-04-2019, 10:47 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: Think his price just went up a bit tonight

Might encourage the club to extend his contract. That vs relegation battle. Hmmmm some sums needed here.

Ipswich possibly sniffing around Tom Grivosti.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/ipswich-town-news...y-defender

He's barely played this season, so surprising clubs are sniffing around him.

Tough to judge him on what he's done in the top flight so far. Struggled against Morelos but most defenders in the SPFL can't cope with him.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

(12-25-2019, 03:11 PM)Despot Wrote: He's barely played this season, so surprising clubs are sniffing around him.

Tough to judge him on what he's done in the top flight so far. Struggled against Morelos but most defenders in the SPFL can't cope with him.

He may have barely played but he has big potential the lad. From being given a chance he has taken it with both feet. If he continues at this rate he will be solid pro for a much larger team. He needs to be playing though at his age. He is raw and think he needs another season in a team of our size before he steps up. If he was to go at the end of season there will be limited game time at a bigger club.

His time will come. If i was his agent i would sign again for 2 years with a view to leaving after 1 year for a bigger fee. If he is going i think we need to do a ‘celtic’ and have a decent sell-on clause on all our players.

Our methods and scouts are doing well and finding this talent. I think the mix of talent and ages of our squad are a credit and shows that our clubs brings youngsters on and are given a showcase which is not available elsewhere.

This bodes well to attracting more talent in the future

(12-25-2019, 05:07 PM)Deas_pie_staggie Wrote: He may have barely played but he has big potential the lad. From being given a chance he has taken it with both feet. If he continues at this rate he will be solid pro for a much larger team. He needs to be playing though at his age. He is raw and think he needs another season in a team of our size before he steps up. If he was to go at the end of season there will be limited game time at a bigger club.

His time will come. If i was his agent i would sign again for 2 years with a view to leaving after 1 year for a bigger fee. If he is going i think we need to do a ‘celtic’ and have a decent sell-on clause on all our players.

Our methods and scouts are doing well and finding this talent. I think the mix of talent and ages of our squad are a credit and shows that our clubs brings youngsters on and are given a showcase which is not available elsewhere.

This bodes well to attracting more talent in the future

Absolutely agreed- I wasn't trying to knock him, just that he's still untested at higher levels.

If he comes back into the side (and I hope he does) I think he'll go in the summer. I just hope to god we get him on another deal. Don't want to see him leave for nothing (would we get a developmental fee?).
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

(12-25-2019, 07:00 PM)Despot Wrote: Absolutely agreed- I wasn't trying to knock him, just that he's still untested at higher levels.

If he comes back into the side (and I hope he does) I think he'll go in the summer. I just hope to god we get him on another deal. Don't want to see him leave for nothing (would we get a developmental fee?).

I never read it as a knock at him i just hope his agent gives good advice to him. Look at Naismith. Now back at Hibs. Will he get another shot at England, im not sure. The lower leagues are at a good and if you go early, im afraid the odds are against you.
level. Look at those whom have gone from us and flourished and playing week in/out. Boyce, Irvine, Lindsey, Cowie. All had more than one good season with us and cut their teeth.

Its difficult not to chase the cash and light tho. Wish i was talented on the field to have this dilema.

With the January transfer window about to open hopefully we can hold onto Ross stewart and grivosti given the recent interest shown in them.
Anyone got any potential transfer targets in mind? No more caley duds please, Can we expect to see anyone being released.
Really hoping we can see Simon power in action during the 2nd half of the season( if he's still here, club should have been more open and honest about what is going on here as they have never mentioned him as being out injured in the way that they have concerning other players)

Really hoping we can see Simon power in action during the 2nd half of the season( if he's still here, club should have been more open and honest about what is going on here as they have never mentioned him as being out injured in the way that they have concerning other players)

The lack of information may be a decision by Norwich or the player himself.  I believe he is getting game time and building fitness with the young teams.  Look forward to seeing him being unleashed against a skiwish Celtic defence on the end of some Vigurs passing.  Sorry dreaming again.

(12-31-2019, 02:33 PM)the reaper Wrote: Really hoping we can see Simon power in action during the 2nd half of the season( if he's still here, club should have been more open and honest about what is going on here as they have never mentioned him as being out injured in the way that they have concerning other players)

The lack of information may be a decision by Norwich or the player himself.  I believe he is getting game time and building fitness with the young teams.  Look forward to seeing him being unleashed against a skiwish Celtic defence on the end of some Vigurs passing.  Sorry dreaming again.
keep at it dreams do come true nothing is impossible  2010

So I wonder who'll be in and who'll be out?
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

(12-31-2019, 01:27 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: With the January transfer window about to open hopefully we can hold onto Ross stewart and grivosti given the recent interest shown in them.
Anyone got any potential transfer targets in mind?  No more caley duds please,  Can we expect to see anyone being released.

In fairness the players we have taken from caley aren’t really duds of recent. Draper Chalmers and (although off form) McKay have been decent. In saying that though I don’t know of any from the current caley team I’d take now. Maybe Coll Donaldson and that’s based off of last season and says more about how weak our defence is. I think we need to be realistic with our signings especially in January. As we know pueblo location doesn’t help and getting players from Inverness is an easy option. I really didn’t rate when we signed chalmers but I’ve eaten my words since

Hearing rumours Chalmers has asked to be played more or allowed to leave.

Considering Vigurs and Draper are injured, or recovering, not sure if that'd be a wise move.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway