Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 37 Votes - 2.73 Average
Speculation thread
I’m sure he has played left back at points and could put a decent shift in for us there right now but he’s primarily a Right back. Good player tho, I wouldn’t grudge at him even signing with a purpose of playing left back.

Picture from training today. Noteworthy for a few reasons. I'm sure those of you with better eyes than I can correct me.

1. McCarey is in goals.
2. No sign of Davies anywhere.
3. There's a very big bloke on the half way line I don't immediately recognise.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DUOHUfuX4AAlu5I.jpg:large

I may be wrong, but I didn't think Davies trained every session because of his injury problems.

(01-23-2018, 01:44 PM)RSCStaggie Wrote: I may be wrong, but I didn't think Davies trained every session because of his injury problems.

That could well be the case.

Harry Souter to join us from stoke city ... good strong central defender ..just what we need ...

(01-23-2018, 06:01 PM)Embogary Wrote: Harry Souter to join us from stoke city ... good strong central defender ..just what we need ...

Harry Souttar aye, ex Dundee Utd and John's wee (but absolutely massive) brother?
If so, he is a unit, barely any first team football in last few years, but a huge guy and was a decent prospect.

thats the one aye, signed a contract extension at stoke city but coming to us for game time on loan .

(01-23-2018, 06:11 PM)Embogary Wrote: thats the one aye, signed a contract extension at stoke city but coming to us for game time on loan .

Excellent, saw hed started for them in the cup, didnt realise hed signed an extension.
Would fill a hole and then some if we got him in on loan; hope he's match-sharp.

Harry Soutar if I recall is about 6'5" or so, he's absolutely huge.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

(01-23-2018, 08:58 PM)Despot Wrote: Harry Soutar if I recall is about 6'5" or so, he's absolutely huge.

Wikipedia says 6'6", as it's Wikipedia it's therefore fact and cannot be questioned...

(01-23-2018, 01:44 PM)RSCStaggie Wrote: I may be wrong, but I didn't think Davies trained every session because of his injury problems.

You are correct ,

(01-23-2018, 06:01 PM)Embogary Wrote: Harry Souter to join us from stoke city ... good strong central defender ..just what we need ...

I'll be happy with this signing, hope it comes through.

I saw Souttar in Dingwall in April '16 for Dundee United's development team. Not only was he head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch in terms of his size and presence, he was so good with the ball at his feet. He took the ball out of defence and would slalom past people in the way that Ajer does for Celtic - that was at a less competitive level but I thought I saw a future Scotland star that day.

He currently captains the Stoke u23 side. I think he'd be a smashing signing.

Any truth in Harry Souttar story or is it just hearsay?

https://twitter.com/StokeLoudProud/statu...8239435778

Couple players have offered him encouragement so seems true.

(01-24-2018, 01:13 AM)NVACA Wrote: https://twitter.com/StokeLoudProud/statu...8239435778

Couple players have offered him encouragement so seems true.

Looks promising. Cheers for the link.

P&J saying talks are on-going, new manager Paul Lambert is keen for him to go out on loan. Just hope we get this over the line now that other clubs will be aware of his availability!

With 4 players coming in, are we likely to see any departures? Is curran injured or dropped? Our only striker who seems remotely capable of scoring, would start him before billy Mackay every time, coyle was singing mackays praises last week on tv so obviously favours him, still waiting for him to prove his worth.

(01-26-2018, 02:27 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: With 4 players coming in, are we likely to see any departures? Is curran injured or dropped? Our only striker who seems remotely capable of scoring, would start him before billy Mackay every time, coyle was singing mackays praises last week on tv so obviously favours him, still waiting for him to prove his worth.

I think we can expect to see players exiting - but it's not a certainty - depends on whether there's any interest in them....or it would mean terminating their contracts....
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Do we think there will be any more coming in?? Do we need any more ?