Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 26 Votes - 3.23 Average
Speculation thread
Maybe we'll get a free agent of two in, still very worried about our back line having only one proper centre half.

(09-01-2017, 10:29 AM)Despot Wrote: Maybe we'll get a free agent of two in, still very worried about our back line having only one proper centre half.

Agreed - would like to have seen a central defender taken in after Jay left - feel we are a bit short in that area, although I think Draper has played there for Caley and Naismith is also quite handy - but would always prefer a natural central defender to be in that position....
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Opportunity was there on Saturday for McIntyre or some of his management team to go down south and scout players from League 2 or National League. Given his management style doubt that will have crossed his mind - probably more concerned about the shambles he is presiding over at the moment.
On a positive note he should be gone by Christmas.

(08-31-2017, 05:14 PM)Despot Wrote: First horrifying thought that springs to mind: Polworth.

Nothing wrong with polworth ,nit a bad player  vigurs would be good though

(09-04-2017, 04:36 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Nothing wrong with polworth ,nit a bad player  vigurs would be good though

I occasionally speak to a couple of Caley fans and they're telling me Polworth has not progressed at all since breaking through and is not standing out in the second tier. Vigurs however, is starting to.

We complain about a lack of pace in our team, then want Vigurs back.

(09-05-2017, 08:09 AM)Despot Wrote: I occasionally speak to a couple of Caley fans and they're telling me Polworth has not progressed at all since breaking through and is not standing out in the second tier. Vigurs however, is starting to.

You seem to dwell on rumours or second hand crack ,I have a Caley friend whom I take to county matcges he then takes me when I feel it's the right game ,,
I see first hand no rumour ,Ian Vigurs is in my opinion a better midfield player than we have a more.accurate passer of a ball and can mix it ,too

I don't want Vigurs back, we need midfielders that cover ground with Jim's formations of choice, Vigurs is far too laid back for that sort of role.

I would rather Vigurs than Jim

(09-05-2017, 10:50 AM)edinburghexile Wrote: I would rather Vigurs than Jim

I have seen Caley play a couple of times this season (when we are away, and can`t get to our game).

Vigurs would walk into our team, he is the only quality player that Caley now have, he has been playing as their holding midfielder (now Drapes is with us) and has been outstanding. Not only does he starts just about every move they have, he is up there supporting the strikers, what he lacks in pace is made up with work rate.
He covers just about every blade of grass. his work rate seems much higher than when he was with us.
But the Caley fans seem on his back all the time, and do not appreciate what they have.
He also has a great free kick, and can score a goal or two.

I would have him back in a heartbeat.

(09-05-2017, 09:41 AM)Despot Wrote: I don't want Vigurs back, we need midfielders that cover ground with Jim's formations of choice, Vigurs is far too laid back for that sort of role.

Are you sure now ,as it's because of jim's formations and his choice we are not improving same old story

(09-05-2017, 12:57 PM)35 YEARS A STAGGIE Wrote: I have seen Caley play a couple of times this season (when we are away, and can`t get to our game).

Vigurs would walk into our team, he is the only quality player that Caley now have, he has been playing as their holding midfielder (now Drapes is with us) and has been outstanding. Not only does he starts just about every move they have, he is up there supporting the strikers, what he lacks in pace is made up with work rate.
He covers just about every blade of grass. his work rate seems much higher than when he was with us.
But the Caley fans seem on his back all the time, and do not appreciate what they have.
He also has a great free kick, and can score a goal or two.

I would have him back in a heartbeat.
I'm with you on your post 35?year a staggie  niw that tells a story,IMO Vigurs would enhance our team like you say

(09-05-2017, 09:12 AM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: We complain about a lack of pace in our team, then want Vigurs back.

Because he is faster than what's there he might not be the fastest but he makes up for it with accurate passing. Covers a lot of ground ,he starts every attacking move withnUCT now and gets himself into areas where he hurts opposition and his free kicks are special. Better than what we have ,whomwas complaining about pace

(09-05-2017, 09:12 AM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: We complain about a lack of pace in our team, then want Vigurs back.

Because he is faster than what's there he might not be the fastest but he makes up for it with accurate passing. Covers a lot of ground ,he starts every attacking move withnUCT now and gets himself into areas where he hurts opposition and his free kicks are special. Better than what we have ,whomwas complaining about pace

(09-04-2017, 02:23 PM)Brown Savoy Wrote: Opportunity was there on Saturday for McIntyre or some of his management team to go down south and scout players from League 2 or National League.   Given his management style doubt that will have crossed his mind - probably more concerned about the shambles he is presiding over at the moment.
On a positive note he should be gone by Christmas.

You sure are confusing

I'm confused!

I definitely DON'T want Vigurs back, as good as he was in his time with us before those days are behind us and we should move on.

(09-06-2017, 12:30 PM)frankthetank Wrote: I definitely DON'T want Vigurs back, as good as he was in his time with us before those days are behind us and we should move on.

Frank the problem is we have never improved never moved on  Vigurs is a GOOD player very accurate passer dead ball,expert and hardy

It is September. We won't be signing him anytime soon. Move on.

(09-06-2017, 03:00 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: It is September. We won't be signing him anytime soon. Move on.

Im sure everybody knows it's September  tats the problem we haven't moved on in a long time

(09-05-2017, 01:54 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote:
You sure are confusing

Welcome to the club.... Big Grin

ftfy
Jim'n'Billy Cult Follower

I complain because McIntyre is a poor coach. Watched Bristol City a few times when he was first team coach down there and they were rank rotten. Here at County he has been given every facility he has asked for yet still serves up dross.
The standard of this league continues to decline and we need a coach who can take advantage of the resources provided.

(09-07-2017, 06:42 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote:  We complainLes Westander Wrote: ftfy

Can't disagree with that  Undecided