Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 37 Votes - 2.73 Average
Speculation thread
Don no Sad

http://www.voetbalprimeur.nl/mobile/386473/

I dont think I'll be able to handle not having de leeuw, I will be debated if he leaves!

Oh no!!.

Looks like we will have to enjoy Melvin for one more season......failing that kerching.

He probably could benefit from a full season fully fit. Then he would have a host of clubs chasing him if a 80-90% fit version is anythibg to go by.
No sacrifice no victory 

Shocked 
The main thing is not to lose Melvin just now.

It may be hard to hold onto him much longer even if he is generally happy here.

The English Championship clubs sniffing around will have a lot more money to lure him with, though maybe not that much higher profile a stage for him.

At least here he knows he'll get plenty games if fit.

But hopefully this article is just an out-of-season space-filler bit of journalism, rather than reflecting any actual moves happening.

Sad It will be a sad day when he moves on!
Malky Mackay - he's our new manager

(06-10-2014, 09:05 PM)staggy4life Wrote: http://www.voetbalprimeur.nl/mobile/386473/

The worrying thing is that De Leeuw himself liked that link on Facebook. Despite what some said here and elsewhere, he was always going to be sold. It was just a question of now or at Christmas. The fact that he could only last an hour made me opyistic he'd stay a bit longer, but seems unlikely now.

He has been a joy to watch, the highlight of last season, so I hope he stays for the remainder of his contract and provides us with more entertainment, goals and assists, even if that means him leaving for nothing.

So how much is the offer that we shouldn't refuse? Presumably more than Luckassen's £100K?

I really hope he stays, but if we get a fee for him similar to Luckassen it will soften the blow.

As a club we make it clear to players we can be used as a stepping stone to bigger things. That's how we attract some of our quality players. We have to accept this means losing a good player when we want to cling on to them.
From Bottom of Highland League, to sitting at Scottish footballs top table.....If Carlsberg did Football stories!.
@JackMunro9

(06-11-2014, 08:31 AM)Wicky Wrote: So how much is the offer that we shouldn't refuse? Presumably more than Luckassen's £100K?

And a perpetual 20% sell on clause too please!!!

(06-11-2014, 06:29 AM)Savage Henry Wrote:
(06-10-2014, 09:05 PM)staggy4life Wrote: http://www.voetbalprimeur.nl/mobile/386473/

The worrying thing is that De Leeuw himself liked that link on Facebook. Despite what some said here and elsewhere, he was always going to be sold. It was just a question of now or at Christmas. The fact that he could only last an hour made me opyistic he'd stay a bit longer, but seems unlikely now.

His agent also said to the P and J that Melvin "would be open to a move to a nice club" so looks like he is being touted by the agent for a move.

(06-11-2014, 11:14 PM)Boff Wrote:
(06-11-2014, 06:29 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: The worrying thing is that De Leeuw himself liked that link on Facebook. Despite what some said here and elsewhere, he was always going to be sold. It was just a question of now or at Christmas. The fact that he could only last an hour made me opyistic he'd stay a bit longer, but seems unlikely now.

His agent also said to the P and J that Melvin "would be open to a move to a nice club" so looks like he is being touted by the agent for a move.

Would he pass a medical? I understand he has a knee problem though others might know better, however if it is, it's unlikely he would pass one. Gunning is the most recent example of this happening but it's not unusual for transfers to founder on that basis particularly with knee problems.

There's talk (only on Twitter) from a couple of Cliftonville fans that Liam Boyce is leaving the champions to sign for us. Seems that he's scored goals for fun in Ireland and Cliftonville withdrew their contract offer yesterday as he took too long to decide. Interesting if he could make the step up to the Scottish Prem but he has got 4 caps for Northern Ireland in the last few years.

Looks like we're being linked with Liam Boyce of Cliftonville. Has 4 caps for Northern Ireland.

Decent scoring record in the northern Irish league. And had a spell at bremen in Germany.

He is also linked with some other clubs in scotland and England however. Chesterfield being one.
No sacrifice no victory 

Killie and Hibs have been linked with him in the past. If he signed then Melvin's departure would seem inevitable.

Show me a welder on the rig breaking a sweat?

And its nearer 4 times that 500 a week wage.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/278301...um=twitter

I'm very excited about this move. Have to say I've never heard of him, but he sounds like a genuine poacher and that's what we've needed for a while. Also we can call him Boycee.

(06-13-2014, 07:55 AM)john@THHP Wrote: Killie and Hibs have been linked with him in the past. If he signed then Melvin's departure would seem inevitable.

Really? What makes you think Melvin will be away? (other than the translated Dutch bandwidth filling article written by a bored journo before the World Cup)

Brick 
(06-13-2014, 09:53 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: I'm very excited about this move. Have to say I've never heard of him, but he sounds like a genuine poacher and that's what we've needed for a while. Also we can call him Boycee.

Agreed on both your main points:
I share your excitement and similarly look forward to calling him Boycee
Malky Mackay - he's our new manager