Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 37 Votes - 2.73 Average
Speculation thread
I would have thought that all the above have contract offers on the table. They are likely assessing their options.
We announced that only Fraser, Glen and Cooper had been released, so it seems the above are all still in Derek's plans. Whether they want to stay or move on, who knows. We'll soon see.

I think some will have offers, which they are considering.

The others may get offers if the targets identified don't move to County.

I would be delighted if Carey and Gordon stay. The rest can be improved on in my opinion.
From Bottom of Highland League, to sitting at Scottish footballs top table.....If Carlsberg did Football stories!.
@JackMunro9

Photo 
I think you're right Capital_Stag.
Still no formal confirmation that Carey is going elsewhere so I'd also be pleased if we haven't lost him. I'd be pleased to keep Gordon & Quinn too; and also Ross & Kettlewell if Del considers them ready and worthy for a Premiership season.

Carey and others might be waiting to see what is the best deal they can get, including offers from elsewhere / being punted & pimped elsewhere by their agents. Most of us would do the same in their situation - big decisions for a relatively short career.
Malky Mackay - he's our new manager

Simple fact is, we have to sort out this £600 a week wages stuff, that is not market value for SPFL and we'll always struggle to compete with other clubs. I dare say players would come to us if the salaries were on same scale as ICT, St Mirren, Partick, Dundee etc

Come on, we made money from finishing 7th in SPFL, we got £100,000 for Luckassen - surely we can increase the salaries and attract better players...
Supporter Liaison Officer 

I have no idea what the wages are here or at other clubs. Does anyone really?

One of the reasons I worship the ground that George Adams walks upon is that he insists that the budget finances have to be sustainable and make sufficient business sense.

That will include a fair bit of risk assessment about potential costs of getting relegated, and the priority will always be putting out the best team we can - but within sustainable funding parameters.

(06-05-2014, 01:34 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Simple fact is, we have to sort out this £600 a week wages stuff, that is not market value for SPFL and we'll always struggle to compete with other clubs. I dare say players would come to us if the salaries were on same scale as ICT, St Mirren, Partick, Dundee etc

Come on, we made money from finishing 7th in SPFL, we got £100,000 for Luckassen - surely we can increase the salaries and attract better players...

That's £370k right there.

Remember, no money needs to go towards the stadium this summer which has hindered us a little in previous years.

We're financially better than we've ever been.

When Kovacevic got fined for driving without a license his earnings were released during the sentencing - £2500 a month which = just over £600 a week.

How true this value is is debateable as it may not include bonuses etc, however it does give a pretty good indication of the wage for a relatively senior 1st XI player.

http://news.stv.tv/highlands-islands/223...ur-months/

(06-05-2014, 01:34 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Simple fact is, we have to sort out this £600 a week wages stuff, that is not market value for SPFL and we'll always struggle to compete with other clubs. I dare say players would come to us if the salaries were on same scale as ICT, St Mirren, Partick, Dundee etc

Careful what you wish for though, we don't want another era of McSwegans and Save Our Staggies.
I am comfortable that George Adams runs a tight ship and we live within our means, that wont change for as long as we have 3500 crowds and the current sponsorship, TV money, and other incomes etc.

When is George Adams going to Rangers anyway? Lolz.

Why do people say what other people earn but yet the wage guessers never post a pic of a wage slip or a P60. I find it amusing as I got married 7 years ago and I have never seen a pay slip since. Fair play to the minister of finance tho, she's no a bad cook and is always on top of the washing and ironing.
They never came North of Culloden

Exclamation 
(06-05-2014, 07:07 PM)Easter Ross Massive Wrote: ... I find it amusing as I got married 7 years ago and I have never seen a pay slip since. Fair play to the minister of finance tho, she's no a bad cook and is always on top of the washing and ironing.

(No offence intended Mr Massive, but)

This forum really could do with a bit of gender balance. I would speculate that very few women come on here far less post anything.

Just stating that we are in the big league now - I'm not talking massive increase - we have an excellent setup, and club really looks after the players as was quoted by Fillip Kiss and Eric Cikos - no reason why we can't attract decent quality with a few more sheckles added to the weekly wage!

Roy himself stated that the player salaries were 40% of the overall costs and he'd like to increase that to get better quality....stadium is complete, so maybe! just maybe we might see the likes of Cikos returning?

Good point well made.

(06-05-2014, 10:26 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Just stating that we are in the big league now - I'm not talking massive increase - we have an excellent setup, and club really looks after the players as was quoted by Fillip Kiss and Eric Cikos - no reason why we can't attract decent quality with a few more sheckles added to the weekly wage!

Roy himself stated that the player salaries were 40% of the overall costs and he'd like to increase that to get better quality....stadium is complete, so maybe! just maybe we might see the likes of Cikos returning?

I presume he said the salaries were 40% of turnover, which is more than manageable.

I'm hearing Paul MacGowan's name mentioned for a move to the GES. The source is untested but seems to be quite sure there's something in it...... anyone else hearing anything along those lines?
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

McGowan was released by St Mirren, he's the kind of player that Adams could work with and improve? Not sure if he's maybe switching places with Carey who was reported to be going back to St Mirren?

I'd take a chance on McGowan - good attacking midfielder!

McGowan was apparently earning up to £3k per week (bonuses included) according to St. Mirren fans on P&B.

Dundee aren't messing about. Just signed Simon Ferry from Portsmouth. Cracking signing that!

Seeing our rivals strengthen early doors is worrying , but I have full confidence in Derek and George to make the right signings this summer.

A ferry from Portsmouth to Dundee!!! Don't think that will pay!!!!

(06-07-2014, 12:13 PM)staggy4life Wrote: Dundee aren't messing about. Just signed Simon Ferry from Portsmouth. Cracking signing that!

I can't really say I've seen him, but he's not going to be hard to miss.

[Image: 2069918.jpg?type=articlePortrait]