Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 26 Votes - 3.23 Average
Speculation thread
Although Jimmy is a legend here, I dont think we really need him back. What we need is another striker
[Image: Welcometothehighlands-1.jpg]

My mate said he'd seen it on the forums so that is where the rumour has come from. He also said he won't be happy if he goes as thinks Scott has been one of the better performers.

For me he would be a good addition, but thinking about it again I don't see where he would fit in. The midfield of Vigurs, Ketts, Lawson and Brittain is pretty set and have done the business to put us in the position we are in. It could cause problems, as either scott takes one of their places which would be unfair IMO, or Scott comes and sits on the bench/gets a game when one of the others is injured/suspended. On the other hand, we will start to pick up more suspensions and with games pilling up injuries and tiredness could be more of a problem. We'll see what happens in the next couple of weeks

The Jimmy Scott rumour has been doing the rounds since December (see beginning of this topic). Cant see it, unless we are about to lose someone?

Information 
(01-19-2012, 01:34 PM)stirlingshire_staggie Wrote: Although Jimmy is a legend here, I dont think we really need him back. What we need is another striker

Assuming Gardyne doesn't lose interest and wants to leave a hero, we also have Forward quality in McMenamin, Craig, Morrow and Byrne so I don't think we need another striker in this transfer window. I think the squad is pretty good in balance and depth.

While I don't mind existing players covering full back for a game, now that we are challenging for the league we need to be more thorough - and ensure there is enough quality cover / versatility to cover all positions. And yet I don't think the squad should increase by more than 1 anyway. As Uncle Roy says, it can undermine the togetherness.

So the only addition I might have would be a versatile Full Back. But only a good one! While Fitz is out we have to hope nothing happens to Miller or Morrison.
Jim'n'Billy Cult Follower

What we need is cover for either full-back position, preferably right-back.

(01-19-2012, 10:02 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: What we need is cover for either full-back position, preferably right-back.

Davie weir........?

Information 
(01-19-2012, 10:02 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: What we need is cover for either full-back position, preferably right-back.

Who might Del unearth?

Someone at a decent level club who has not been getting a chance to do his thang and has a point to prove. And is affordable - because his priority is to play and do well, so will take a wage drop.
Jim'n'Billy Cult Follower

Looks like. Our great leader macgregor has given us pennies for two extra players. Looks like its beginning to look like all or nothing now
[Image: Welcometothehighlands-1.jpg]

Other than a full-back (Harris being the obvious one) I think we're pretty solid in regards for players. The lack of goals in the last game was slightly frustrating, but every player has an off day in front of goal. Any investment in the squad would need to be in the form of someone who will really benefit the squad and not just to "flesh out" our options.

John Macleod in the RS Journal touts Jimmy Scott as an ideal loan signing, which may suggest there is more to this rumour?
Or maybe he just reads this.

(01-20-2012, 09:33 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: John Macleod in the RS Journal touts Jimmy Scott as an ideal loan signing, which may suggest there is more to this rumour?
Or maybe he just reads this.

He does this read. He was chatting to some of us who were on the train to Brora in pre-season.

Anyway an update on the Jimmy rumour. The guy who posted it on the Hibs forum claims that his relative plays for County. Could still be nonsense mind you.

No smoke without fire but I would expect the new hibs gaffer not to be a Jimmy Scott fan for this to go ahead which means a loan with a permanent move back on potentially ?

Aberdeen seem to be having a much needed clear out. I wonder if we will look at any of their players ??

ABERDEEN

In: Mark Reynolds (Sheffield Wednesday, loan), Russell Anderson (free)

Out: Richard Foster (Bristol City), Jack Grimmer (Fulham)

CELTIC

In: Mikael Lustig (Rosenborg, free)

Out: Josh Thompson (Chesterfield, loan), Badr El Kaddouri (end of loan)

DUNDEE UNITED

In: Richie Ryan (Sligo Rovers)

Out: Scott Allan (West Bromwich Albion)

DUNFERMLINE ATHLETIC

In: Iain Turner (Preston North End, loan), Mark Kerr (free)

Out: None

HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN

In: None

Out: Eggert Jonsson (Wolves), Calum Elliot (released)

HIBERNIAN

In: Eoin Doyle (Sligo Rovers), Leigh Griffiths (Wolves, loan extension), George Francomb (Norwich City, loan)

Out: Matt Thornhill (released), Junior Agogo (released), Victor Palsson (released)

INVERNESS CALEDONIAN THISTLE

In: Steve Williams (Bradford City, loan)

Out: David Davis (end of loan)

KILMARNOCK

In: Ben Gordon (Chelsea, loan), Michael Nelson (Scunthorpe United), Dean Shiels (Doncaster Rovers)

Out: Patrick Ada (released), Ben Hutchinson (Mansfield Town), Billy Berntsson (Hammarby)

MOTHERWELL

In: Henrik Ojamaa (RoPS)

Out: Stephen Hughes (released)

RANGERS

Out: David Weir (released), Thomas Kind Bendiksen (Tromso), Darren Cole, Kal Naismith (both Partick Thistle, loan)

ST JOHNSTONE

In: Lee Croft (Derby County, loan), Jack Compton (Falkirk, loan)

Out: Graham Gartland (Shamrock Rovers), Sam Parkin (released)

ST MIRREN

Out: Joe McKee (end of loan), Ilias Haddad (released), Jon McShane (Hamilton, loan)
Highlander29

We should sign Junior Agogo for his name alone.

(01-20-2012, 05:32 PM)Son of Earl. Wrote: No smoke without fire but I would expect the new hibs gaffer not to be a Jimmy Scott fan for this to go ahead which means a loan with a permanent move back on potentially ?

Aberdeen seem to be having a much needed clear out. I wonder if we will look at any of their players ??

ABERDEEN

In: Mark Reynolds (Sheffield Wednesday, loan), Russell Anderson (free)

Out: Richard Foster (Bristol City), Jack Grimmer (Fulham)

CELTIC

In: Mikael Lustig (Rosenborg, free)

Out: Josh Thompson (Chesterfield, loan), Badr El Kaddouri (end of loan)

DUNDEE UNITED

In: Richie Ryan (Sligo Rovers)

Out: Scott Allan (West Bromwich Albion)

DUNFERMLINE ATHLETIC

In: Iain Turner (Preston North End, loan), Mark Kerr (free)

Out: None

HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN

Out: Eggert Jonsson (Wolves), Calum Elliot (released)

HIBERNIAN

In: Eoin Doyle (Sligo Rovers), Leigh Griffiths (Wolves, loan extension), George Francomb (Norwich City, loan)

Out: Matt Thornhill (released), Junior Agogo (released), Victor Palsson (released)

INVERNESS CALEDONIAN THISTLE

In: Steve Williams (Bradford City, loan)

Out: David Davis (end of loan)

KILMARNOCK

In: Ben Gordon (Chelsea, loan), Michael Nelson (Scunthorpe United), Dean Shiels (Doncaster Rovers)

Out: Patrick Ada (released), Ben Hutchinson (Mansfield Town), Billy Berntsson (Hammarby)

MOTHERWELL

In: Henrik Ojamaa (RoPS)

Out: Stephen Hughes (released)

RANGERS

Out: David Weir (released), Thomas Kind Bendiksen (Tromso), Darren Cole, Kal Naismith (both Partick Thistle, loan)

ST JOHNSTONE

In: Lee Croft (Derby County, loan), Jack Compton (Falkirk, loan)

Out: Graham Gartland (Shamrock Rovers), Sam Parkin (released)

ST MIRREN

Out: Joe McKee (end of loan), Ilias Haddad (released), Jon McShane (Hamilton, loan)

Can't see why this is posted here..................same old, same old!!!

Anyone heard the name - David Trevorski or a surname similar? He's around 20yo.

He's staying at a hotel in Dingwall, collected by the club daily and returns after training. I am unable to confirm the exact spelling if his surname.
He was here a couple of weeks ago, unsure if he's still here or how long his stay was...
MEE...!!!

Hotel in Dingwall??!! He'll refuse whatever the offer is and run home.

David Trezeguet?

He can fight it out with Craig/Morrow/Byrne for a place on the subs bench.

According to some Linfield fans, they are looking to sign Sam Morrow.. Not sure if it's a loan deal or permanent deal though

Not relevant to this transfer window, but yesterday it was reported that Darren Mackie will be leaving Aberdeen at the end of May. Possible summer signing for us especially if we win the league?

Darren Mackie is an awful footballer. I hope we don't sign him.