Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ross County V ICT 1st Jan 2015
(12-28-2014, 11:29 PM)Wicky Wrote: I also went to the Dump today for a spy.

I concluded that Tony D is a better player than Ryan C. It is a pity that we are not going to see them head to head on Thursday.

I also think that Maatsen against Tremarco could work well in our favour. I hope it happens for more than the last 5 minutes.

County will go into the derby with more confidence than Caley who looked quite ordinary today, with no threat up front. Mackay has faded away completely.

There are lots of reasons to look forward to Thursday.
Always said TD better player than RC mates greatly improved his speed can be a winner, I wish youngsters were all fit and ready, but I'll,go with 2509!selection cmon county

(12-31-2014, 09:51 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Draper is suspended I think?

SUSPENSIONS INCURRED BETWEEN 19/12/2014 TO 23/12/2014 INC.
DATE PLAYER (CLUB) SUSPENSION
SPFL – PREMIERSHIP

20/12/2014 ROSS DRAPER (INVERNESS CALEDONIAN THISTLE F.C.) 2 FIRST TEAM MATCHES IMMEDIATE

For future reference, link:http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/football_document_libraries.cfm

Quite a negative line up I think, we look more set up to not lose than to push for a win. Would've liked at least 1 of Maatsen or Irvine to start, their high energy styles would've been ideal for getting I'm Caley's collective face

(01-01-2015, 03:40 PM)Roccos Wheelie Bin Wrote: Quite a negative line up I think, we look more set up to not lose than to push for a win. Would've liked at least 1 of Maatsen or Irvine to start, their high energy styles would've been ideal for getting I'm Caley's collective face

Anybody at the game for updates?. BBC site makes for dire reading.

Bonus is motherwell and st mirren are losing.

Positives........?:-(

Bad day at the office.

Serious questions to be asked about why we needed to sub 2 (fit?) players so early in the game?

What an absolute shambles!

This lot are clueless. What excuses will we get today.

They have lost 10 of last 16 games and won 2 games.

Missed the game today as had family visiting - was not confident as our first half performance against Hamilton sickened me to the stomach - no fight, no passion, no clue in midfield which should be our engine room!!

Major surgery required now or we are down - simple as that - and whoever comes in has to be right and hit the ground running as time is running out!

Arquin's body language has been poor for weeks - Boyce or even MacLeod should be given a shot - we need a shift in attitude from certain individuals in our squad including some long term servants!!!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Yeah, we're pretty [censored]. As long as we can hold our position in the Championship next year and not drop like a stone.

(01-01-2015, 06:29 PM)PooleweStaggie Wrote: Bad day at the office.

Serious questions to be asked about why we needed to sub 2 (fit?) players so early in the game?

Worse than a bad day at the office. Some folk didn't turn up at the office. Those who came mostly left their drive, enthusiasm and skill at home.

Substitutes - Arquin I would suggest was because the yellow card did nothing to calm his responses to continued Caley provocation and the inevitable red would have followed - leaving us with even fewer players to pick from for crucial games in January. Dunfield - for me making nothing of it. Brittain partly getting run past too often and getting caught out of position giving Caley clean runs down our right side.

Only three players passed muster for me today - Reguero - a very competent display, Kiss showed his international class on several occasions with excellent positional ability playing in front of the defence and Boyce who made room for himself and had a good chance. Breaking even would be Quinn, Irvine and Rekord. The rest - where were they?

We did not challenge Caley weaknesses often enough e.g. lack of speed in their full backs, we played a game very much in the cente of the park, no wingers to stretch them over the width of the park. Why wasn't Maatsen used?

BUT the big question why do we always have all 11 players back to defend. It allowed Caley to have their defenders standing 20 - 30 yds away from our goal simply increasing the pressure on our defence. When Caley were dealing with a corner they put 3 - 4 players up the park depleting the number of players we could commit forward to a corner or free Kick and when we did put numbers up and they inevitbaly win the ball our defenders are under pressure immediately. This defence en mass has to stop. We are putting ourselves under too much pressure.

Rumours today that up to seven players may be going, that there are five lined up to come in including one Mr Lawson. Hey but rumours are rumours. Not a good start to the year.

This lot are clueless? This lot are having to pick up the pieces of Derek Adams complete naivety, who ever said this pair of idiots( George) included could scout good players. Out of approx 30 players they took in over last 3 years or so only a handful were decent. They scraped through by skin of their teeth last season or 2, yes they brought success but with current performances it's all down to them the state we are in. Don't dare blame current regime for mess we are in. Let's see at end of season, let's see if McIntyre will get same backing in the transfer window and judge him on his team not Derek ( I f"#ked your team ) Adams.

Well done Antonio Reguero. You kept us in the game with some tremendous saves, the one in the first half is as good as you will see this season.
Had it not been for you then our record winning margin of 5-1 was in serious jeopardy.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

Really poor performance, our whole midfield was rotten. Dunfield came off with an injury, woods looked to have damaged his hamstring.
We need midfielders in Asap or we will be gone.
Kiss showed international class- no he didn't, Christie run him ragged. Get him back to Cardiff.
From Bottom of Highland League, to sitting at Scottish footballs top table.....If Carlsberg did Football stories!.
@JackMunro9

(01-01-2015, 07:30 PM)Capital_Stag Wrote: Really poor performance, our whole midfield was rotten. Dunfield came off with an injury, woods looked to have damaged his hamstring.
We need midfielders in Asap or we will be gone.
Kiss showed international class- no he didn't, Christie run him ragged. Get him back to Cardiff.

I thought Kiss was easily one of the better players today, he had a thankless task, considering how little the rest of the midfield was working. Arquin was doing exactly what Caley wanted him to with the way he was reacting, thought Boyce looked good when he replaced him, just lacking some sharpness that a run in the team would bring

January's fixtures:

Sun 4th - Dundee away
Sat 10th - Partick home
Sat 17th - St.Mirren home
Sat 24th - Celtic home
Sat 31st - ICT away

The first three games are massive.

Have to agree with 'don't take my club away'. Missed today's game(thankfully). Bbc sport says we are going to have to improve to survive in SPL( and no, I don't always agree with them) but they are spot on. It is an absolute shambles. I'll say it again, JM&BD don't seem to have a clue what to do. Different team fielded every game and nothing is working. It just gets worse. And before anyone says ' and what would you do'? My answer is I don't know. But one thing I do know, this management ain't working and they should go now before they drag us down into The Championship. Or would some see that as success? Just my opinion.

(01-01-2015, 07:18 PM)manogs Wrote: This lot are clueless? This lot are having to pick up the pieces of Derek Adams complete naivety, who ever said this pair of idiots( George) included could scout good players. Out of approx 30 players they took in over last 3 years or so only a handful were decent. They scraped through by skin of their teeth last season or 2, yes they brought success but with current performances it's all down to them the state we are in. Don't dare blame current regime for mess we are in. Let's see at end of season, let's see if McIntyre will get same backing in the transfer window and judge him on his team not Derek ( I f"#ked your team ) Adams.

Correct, they are totally clueless. There record speaks for itself.

From our side,
1st and foremost deserved 3 pts for us.
2nd Arquin has serious attitude problems and was hooked imo for bein offside constantly and your well rid of him if he goes
3rd your 1st shot on tgt was not long before yas scored
4th reguero saved yous from utter derby humiliation

I still have a faint hope we'll have derbies next year but maybe playoffs are best chance now,
Well see if Jm has the same nouse in the window as c u n t face did to gather much needed quality to a very average squad

Happy new year lads see yas at end of Jan

(01-01-2015, 07:07 PM)the reaper Wrote: Worse than a bad day at the office. Some folk didn't turn up at the office. Those who came mostly left their drive, enthusiasm and skill at home.

Substitutes - Arquin I would suggest was because the yellow card did nothing to calm his responses to continued Caley provocation and the inevitable red would have followed - leaving us with even fewer players to pick from for crucial games in January. Dunfield - for me making nothing of it. Brittain partly getting run past too often and getting caught out of position giving Caley clean runs down our right side.

Only three players passed muster for me today - Reguero - a very competent display, Kiss showed his international class on several occasions with excellent positional ability playing in front of the defence and Boyce who made room for himself and had a good chance. Breaking even would be Quinn, Irvine and Rekord. The rest - where were they?

We did not challenge Caley weaknesses often enough e.g. lack of speed in their full backs, we played a game very much in the cente of the park, no wingers to stretch them over the width of the park. Why wasn't Maatsen used?

BUT the big question why do we always have all 11 players back to defend. It allowed Caley to have their defenders standing 20 - 30 yds away from our goal simply increasing the pressure on our defence. When Caley were dealing with a corner they put 3 - 4 players up the park depleting the number of players we could commit forward to a corner or free Kick and when we did put numbers up and they inevitbaly win the ball our defenders are under pressure immediately. This defence en mass has to stop. We are putting ourselves under too much pressure.

Rumours today that up to seven players may be going, that there are five lined up to come in including one Mr Lawson. Hey but rumours are rumours. Not a good start to the year.

Really hope that isn't true - if he's not good enough for a poor Motherwell then I'm no longer interested - that ship has sailed!

I am starting to think we are heading for the Championship though, think we have left ourselves far too much to do this season. Agree that the problem started with us not strengthening the squad correctly during the summer.

The club is at a serious cross-roads and in order to stop us plummeting like a stone we'll need a clear recovery strategy- hopefully this is being worked on ie getting us back up quickly when not if we go down.

A bad day at the office ? it was worse than that I think that apart from Boyce and Irvine no one turned up I will admit Reguro saved us from a 4 or 5 goal hammering I just hope the boys pick them selves up from this and get somthing on saturday

Is it Sat or Sun 4th?