Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Official Launch of New Club Song
Guys
Read some of this on another thread.
However.

Feel it should have it's own topic here.
RE: Song for County coming onto the field.

Dingwall Town Hall Thursday night 7pm until 10pm.

From Club Site.

On Thursday the 11th of December Ross County Football Club and Torridon will officially launch the new club song, "The Jailender Song" and we want you to be there!
It all kicks off at 7pm at Dingwall Town Hall and is certain to be a special and unique evening! You'll have the chance to snap up your CD copy of the song and enjoy a live performance from Torridon. Not only that but you'll have the chance to meet Callum MacDonald of Runrig fame who very kindly wrote the song for us! The entertainment will conclude at 10pm. Other entertainment will be laid on and there will be an opportunity to meet staff and players.
Immoral Cow Den Bender

Well done to all who organised the event.
Actually, the song sounded quite good.
I understand the acoustics in the Town Hall are very good.
Some people seemed to be really enjoying the music, good on them.
True supporters all of you.
Great to see the Chairman and fellow directors there.
And not a bouncy castle in sight!
Immoral Cow Den Bender

(12-10-2014, 04:38 PM)Cit Reath Wrote: Guys
Read some of this on another thread.
However.

Feel it should have it's own topic here.
RE: Song for County coming onto the field.

Dingwall Town Hall Thursday night 7pm until 10pm.

From Club Site.

On Thursday the 11th of December Ross County Football Club and Torridon will officially launch the new club song, "The Jailender Song" and we want you to be there!
It all kicks off at 7pm at Dingwall Town Hall and is certain to be a special and unique evening! You'll have the chance to snap up your CD copy of the song and enjoy a live performance from Torridon. Not only that but you'll have the chance to meet Callum MacDonald of Runrig fame who very kindly wrote the song for us! The entertainment will conclude at 10pm. Other entertainment will be laid on and there will be an opportunity to meet staff and players.

Dear me it will lull one into sleep. Sad song no go in it

I think most of the people in the video work at the club....don't they?
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

Did anyobe buy the CO at launch night??

(12-12-2014, 09:30 PM)Stiflers old man Wrote: I think most of the people in the video work at the club....don't they?

Only recognised DOC. Gavin Taylor was there but he doesn't work at club, a good friend of Kenny from Torridon though.

It got a few plays and singalongs on the bus last night!

I don't mind it at all, just a bit of fun.

A PR disaster for the club. Small club mentality. So unprofessional to have released the video which makes us look like an amateur outfit.

(12-14-2014, 11:35 AM)Stag10 Wrote: A PR disaster for the club. Small club mentality. So unproffessional to have released the video which makes us look like an amateur outfit.
Unprofessional like your spelling of the word ? It only has one "f"

(12-14-2014, 11:35 AM)Stag10 Wrote: A PR disaster for the club. Small club mentality. So unproffessional to have released the video which makes us look like an amateur outfit.

Are we a 'big' club then?

Lot of goodwill and work gone into this from people trying to support the club, think some people need to realise this and lighten up a bit, take it for what it is.

Yes we are a big club. We are playing our 3rd season in the Premier League. We need to be maximising what comes with that status. A video like this is the reason why media outlets like the Daily Mail have had a go at us last week.

(12-14-2014, 11:30 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Only recognised DOC. Gavin Taylor was there but he doesn't work at club, a good friend of Kenny from Torridon though.

They forgot the important people, those who travel faithfully the support,could have and should have been organized better, ie supporters clubs informed well in advance so they could have had people there, yes it was poor but a learning curve for whosoever does the PR

To be honest, I'd have had real fans from the singing section etc in the studio to enhance that chorus - video should just have been a mix of County goals and celebration from our time to date in the Premiership. However, it'll hopefully generate funds and a bit of media coverage for the club, as others have said, take it for what it is - a football song!

After all - have you heard that dirge that Celtic run out to with accordions and everything - cringeworthy!! Oh and don't forget "Oh Inverness, is wonderfull...." FFS!!!

Actually, our tune is quite good considering!!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(12-14-2014, 04:06 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: To be honest, I'd have had real fans from the singing section etc in the studio to enhance that chorus - video should just have been a mix of County goals and celebration from our time to date in the Premiership. However, it'll hopefully generate funds and a bit of media coverage for the club, as others have said, take it for what it is - a football song!

After all - have you heard that dirge that Celtic run out to with accordions and everything - cringeworthy!! Oh and don't forget "Oh Inverness, is wonderfull...." FFS!!!

Actually, our tune is quite good considering!!

A mixture of footage from Highland League days onwards would have been nice. Don't know who she is but the random blonde chick in the middle doing absolutely nothing does look a bit embarassing!

I think the song is just on the right side of cheese. Feels a bit more authentic than some football anthems, it's specific enough to the club, and since you brought up Caley, it's a million trillion times better than "Bring It On Home"!

Just bought it on Amazon to support it.

Song shud be as follows :-
Tony D Tony D
Hit Man ....County
We're ..Dangerous
Dangerous wait n see

Or ....
You got no fans ...you got no ground
We're the county singing loud

Or ...... tony d ...tony d ...tony d county county county
keep it simple. It works

And don't forget to shout "we want kyle" "he wants on" PLEASE :-)

Or county ...county county thru n thru
Tony D and kyle mcluuud

County county cmon the boys .....county come on the the boys...
....... Pause.....
Oh it's a long way to coach to Dingwall ........its a long way to go
Tony d .......will give us three...

Happy ... Happy... Happy Birthday to ya

Mm kinda lost it there but there some good suggestions there to hack and change at least

Oh it's in the style of long way to Tipperary

(12-14-2014, 11:30 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Only recognised DOC. Gavin Taylor was there but he doesn't work at club, a good friend of Kenny from Torridon though.

Is OConner not in it? Plus the lassie that does reception, the blonde works in admin and pretty sure I recognised a couple of others ...but it maybe my eyes...as I think they were bleeding....
There's a fine line between genius and insanity