Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Motherwell away 13-Dec
Bus details will be announced soon I'm sure, but dress code for this one is obviously Xmas jumpers. No excuses!

Many planning this? First Saturday for months I've not been working so hoping to get down with the family.

It's as close to a "must win" game as we're going to get. St. Mirren play Celtic (@ Celtic Park) on the Sunday, so it's a terrific opportunity to leapfrog both teams.

I've no idea how McIntyre will set up but I would like to see:

Brown
Toshney Quinn Boyd Reckord
Irvine Woods
Maatsen Carey Dingwall
Arquin

Reguero, Saunders, Brittain, Kiss, Gardyne, Jervis, Ross

4-6 points from the next two games is vital given County follow them up with Celtic (A) and ICT (H).

(12-07-2014, 02:58 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: It's as close to a "must win" game as we're going to get. St. Mirren play Celtic (@ Celtic Park) on the Sunday, so it's a terrific opportunity to leapfrog both teams.

Brown
Irvine Woods
Maatsen Carey Dingwall
Arquin

4-6 points from the next two games is vital given County follow them up with Celtic (A) and ICT (H).
Time to introduce Kyle Macleod, I've shouted long and hard for Tony Dingwall a great wee player, now I'm asking you to shout for Kyle Macleod good in air fearless , actual tackles centre backs, !!well something's got to be done!! Actually did you noticetge Arquan goal he robbed it of Tony Dingwall's boot. McLeod deserves a chance, even from bench,we will not have Boyce for Motherwell, but there is improvement, let's look forward , yesterday is dead and gone

All for MacLeod to be given a shot at some point from the bench, but we can't afford to have a player of Arquin's quality sitting on the bench, would also give Mastsen more game time!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Yes totally agree with the Buff shout for Macleod he deserves a crack IMO a fearless player that's prooved himself I recon in front of goal and in the air ! Go Kyle boy

(12-07-2014, 08:12 PM)Countyfan1 Wrote: Yes totally agree with the Buff shout for Macleod he deserves a crack IMO a fearless player that's prooved himself I recon in front of goal and in the air ! Go Kyle boy

Absolutely, look how TD proved to support old RSB faith in him was good, honestly Kyle can do it too,he is better than some who get picked regular, ! I'm just saying
But I agree with you go Kyle Go, you obviously go to youth games too great man

(12-07-2014, 07:09 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: All for MacLeod to be given a shot at some point from the bench, but we can't afford to have a player of Arquin's quality sitting on the bench, would also give Mastsen more game time!

But that is exactly what was happening to Tony,until Stevie Fergie got working with him, Kyle was being put through his striking pace Friday Saturday, 2509 I know and can see your point, but Kyle is ready at least for the bench
RSB

(12-07-2014, 02:58 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: It's as close to a "must win" game as we're going to get. St. Mirren play Celtic (@ Celtic Park) on the Sunday, so it's a terrific opportunity to leapfrog both teams.

Brown
Irvine Woods
Maatsen Carey Dingwall
Arquin

Would agree with that team, apart from Kiss in the Middle of the supporting 3 and Tony right and Carey left. Matseen to come on in 2nd half.

I have watched more Dev games than most. For me Kyle Macleod is better than Steven Ross.

I don't think anyone would doubt that Arquin is the most complete striker we have, but so often he is on a different wavelength to everyone else.

I noticed at least 3 occasions when Tony Dingwall found a bit of space around the edge of the box and was desperately looking to play a wee through ball to Jervis or Ross. These 2 guys were so static he either didn't, or when he did he dinked it straight to the keeper. At least Arquin gives you that movement.

(12-07-2014, 09:36 PM)john@THHP Wrote: I don't think anyone would doubt that Arquin is the most complete striker we have, but so often he is on a different wavelength to everyone else.

Agree that Arquin is on a different wavelength but Friday may have shown us that two youngsters could be on his wavelength. Maatsen and Dingwall are showing the rate of movement off the ball and making the runs into space that a player like Arquin is looking for. When we had these three up front we caused DU a lot of trouble. Look how far across the field Maatsen came in a run to score his goal. Both youngsters showed a great commitment to get back and defend and than get forward quickly. I would have no hesitation in starting with theses three against Motherwell and give them a chance to run at a defence. we have been far too static and predictable and the end of the DU game showed me that we can open up a good defence with speed and skill. We need more of this.

I don't disagree. I'd be pleasantly surprised if all three started though.

Since we're on the topic of our younger players, and considering our problem right back area, Stephen Miller deserves a mention.

I've seen various senior players at fullback for us in the development league - from Fenlon to Saunders, Bateson to Balk - Miller has impressed a lot more than any of them.

Also, he's come through with Tony, he's played behind him on the right flank plenty times so they have a good understanding of each others games.

I know having 2 players of such inexperience covering the right side of our first team is a big ask, but I think they are up to it.

If you're good enough, you're old enough.

(12-07-2014, 11:24 PM)the reaper Wrote: Agree that Arquin is on a different wavelength but Friday may have shown us that two youngsters could be on his wavelength. Maatsen and Dingwall are showing the rate of movement off the ball and making the runs into space that a player like Arquin is looking for. When we had these three up front we caused DU a lot of trouble. Look how far across the field Maatsen came in a run to score his goal. Both youngsters showed a great commitment to get back and defend and than get forward quickly. I would have no hesitation in starting with theses three against Motherwell and give them a chance to run at a defence. we have been far too static and predictable and the end of the DU game showed me that we can open up a good defence with speed and skill. We need more of this.
AngelBig GrinCool

Must agree with Reaper but Get Kyle involved even from the bench,and no harm having young RB Steven Miller on bench, it was exciting for me anyway on Friday night, we are on the forward foot hopefully Boyd can recover a bit of form and get back in,Ritchie did well on Friday night especially early on, encouraging Tony and Steven Ross, up to when we lost poor goal we were better team.
If we had more pace through the middle someone showing intent from Dingwall's good play he had the beating of Townsend, but breaking through with nobody to take a pass from him,and when he did put a through ball, no taker,
It was interesting how with maetson on,both youngsters helped put pressure on united, ----and low and behold one named Arquan responded to the pace and good running by the young guns,County play the young guns.
An old Quote- you've tried the rest
Now try the best
RSB

We need to be careful with the youngsters and not put too much pressure on them, but I saw enough from Dingwall and Maatsen to say that they both deserve a start with Arquin up front, we can always change it if it's not working, but I was pleasantly surprised at the difference made when Maatsen and Arquin came on. I'd be in favour of trying young Miller and pushing Ritchie forward in front of him to assist him and Id also go with MacLeod on the bench for the suspended Boyce!

Why not, we have limited options at the moment - blood them!

---------------Brown------------
Toshney--Irvine--Quinn--Reckord
---------Brittain--Woods--------
Gardyne------Carey-----Dingwall
---------------Arquin------------

Subs: Reguero, Boyd, Saunders, Ross, Maatsen, Macleod, Jervis.

I think the switch of positions between Irvine, Brittain and Toshney would get the best out of all 3 players.

I was 50/50 between Gardyne and Maatsen starting and that'll be a really tough call for McIntyre. Gardyne has been in good form lately but Maatsen was influential from the bench on Friday. I'd be happy to see either start, but I reckon we'll see Gardyne start with Maatsen coming on for the last 20/30 minutes.

This really is a must win game. If we can win and Celtic beat St Mirren, we'll jump up into 10th place and that's massive for the confidence of the players.

(12-08-2014, 12:16 PM)JailendLoyal Wrote: ---------------Brown------------
Toshney--Irvine--Quinn--Reckord
---------Brittain--Woods--------
Gardyne------Carey-----Dingwall
---------------Arquin------------

Subs: Reguero, Boyd, Saunders, Ross, Maatsen, Macleod, Jervis.

I think the switch of positions between Irvine, Brittain and Toshney would get the best out of all 3 players.

I was 50/50 between Gardyne and Maatsen starting and that'll be a really tough call for McIntyre. Gardyne has been in good form lately but Maatsen was influential from the bench on Friday. I'd be happy to see either start, but I reckon we'll see Gardyne start with Maatsen coming on for the last 20/30 minutes.

This really is a must win game. If we can win and Celtic beat St Mirren, we'll jump up into 10th place and that's massive for the confidence of the players.

Agreed and I'd be happy with that team!

This game is massive, really hoping that Motherwell don't appoint a new manager until after this game so they don't get any kind of boost before the match, but looks like Butcher could be named boss within the next couple of days....

(12-08-2014, 08:07 AM)Ross shire buff Wrote: AngelBig GrinCool

Must agree with Reaper but Get Kyle involved even from the bench,and no harm having young RB Steven Miller on bench, it was exciting for me anyway on Friday night, we are on the forward foot hopefully Boyd can recover a bit of form and get back in,Ritchie did well on Friday night especially early on, encouraging Tony and Steven Ross, up to when we lost poor goal we were better team.
If we had more pace through the middle someone showing intent from Dingwall's good play he had the beating of Townsend, but breaking through with nobody to take a pass from him,and when he did put a through ball, no taker,
It was interesting how with maetson on,both youngsters helped put pressure on united, ----and low and behold one named Arquan responded to the pace and good running by the young guns,County play the young guns.
An old Quote- you've tried the rest
Now try the best
RSB

Steven Miller is a good prospect, very fast and a good tackler. Is he ready? In truth you never really know until,they are pitched in.

I would like to see him in the team, but I would prefer Saunders in at RB just now.

Miller is a little tactically naive and this will be exposed at a higher level. Hopefully he can break through before the season is out.
From Bottom of Highland League, to sitting at Scottish footballs top table.....If Carlsberg did Football stories!.
@JackMunro9

(12-08-2014, 01:40 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Agreed and I'd be happy with that team!

This game is massive, really hoping that Motherwell don't appoint a new manager until after this game so they don't get any kind of boost before the match, but looks like Butcher could be named boss within the next couple of days....

Francis-Angol , appears to struggle a t left back!
Allow Tony Dingwall to go at him same way he did first half against Dundee Utd on Friday night.
Feed balls to Arquin, ( just a thought)

Are you sure it's Butcher?
Don't want to put a bet on and loose my Xmas pocket money!

Rumour that Butcher will be appointed in next 48 hours, but it's a rumour ;0)