Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Motherwell away 13-Dec
I've noticed that when Arquin is clean through on goal the chance usually goes to waste.

St.Johnstone away last year (the 1-0 win), he could've had three goals to his name. St.Mirren at home last year (2-1 win), he beats a few men before blazing it wide.

Just a couple of examples. He always seems to get his feet in a mess.

(12-14-2014, 07:30 PM)IDW16 Wrote: I've noticed that when Arquin is clean through on goal the chance usually goes to waste.

St.Johnstone away last year (the 1-0 win), he could've had three goals to his name. St.Mirren at home last year (2-1 win), he beats a few men before blazing it wide.

Just a couple of examples. He always seems to get his feet in a mess.

He's a hell of a presence up top, but just not the most composed when its 'goal time'. About all he's lacking. If he was more composed and a better finisher, he'd probably be replacing Drogba! Well, he'd be at a much higher level than us.

I mean:

Yoann Arquin
Il est tres grand
Avec Arquin
I would abscond.

A small powerful bi-lingual poem, inspired by RSB and Yoann Arquin.

(12-14-2014, 07:21 PM)staggie1746 Wrote: Extended (slightly blurry) highlights, 8:28 long, but no commentary:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEHqYuOiEiI#t=10

No Boyd in the squad at all? Did I miss an injury or suspension?

Jervis looks on left at start good touch and movement, but awful ball in. Later a weak header and a soft flop for a penalty (maybe something in it, but would have been soft I think). Going by highlights put himself about though. Great movement and shot from Brittain's ball in, start of 2nd half, that Quinn blazed over the rebound from. But in general, things looked to break down with him a few times, is that unfair? I'm basing this purely on the highlights.

Arquin through on goal but didnt hold ball up with Jervis breaking forward, or beat his man, and all broke down. Otherwise looked to play well with back to goal and cause trouble.

Reckord picking up Sutton at one point, but Sutton got the header in, at least he was in the right position and putting him under pressure. Looked decent all game, but got beat a couple times. Difficult when our defense gets so exposed, and Motherwell have very good forwards.

Wood and Irvine breaking together a few times, given how porous our defense surely one should stay back?

Reckord didnt get tight the tackle in for the ball in for Motherwell's first, but in the right place and putting the pressure on and was perhaps more to do with good play from Ainsworth(?). Disappointed with Saunder's positioning though, left wee Brittain on his own at back post between two Motherwell players. Maybe a taller, better rightback could have compensated for Saunder's positioning there? Dunno, feels harsh given Saunders back from long lay-off, and RB playing out of position, but there is a problem there that led to a goal.

Saunders didnt impress for 2nd either, losing the first ball and not getting tight enough after, although he did look to be shouting for a push so was delayed by that. RB nowhere near with the second ball after the 'push' on Saunders', out jumped and out-muscled, left on his [censored]. Again, maybe a taller, better rightback could have compensated for Saunder's role in the goal? Feels harsh again admittedly, but could probably do with someone more involved than I looking at it.

Reckord great ball in for goal, Arquin brillianty hold off 2 (arguably 3) Well players to flick on, Dingwall did well to find and hold that space, took it down well, great shot with right foot. Even better to adjust his footing and spank a great finish in with his left ton the rebound.

Gardyne's (who could easily have had a double) lay off to Dingwall for the 2nd is sumptuous, and the finish is emphatic. Great goal.
In general Dingwal looked to have a good game, direct, rarely wasted the ball, and tracked back at pace even late in the game.

Some really good moves in highlights, even before our equaliser. Maatsen looking involved.
Given the subs made, did Maatsen come on at rightback?? Ballsy move if so!

In general Dingwall was great two goals in home game he'd have been m o m
Yes

(12-14-2014, 07:21 PM)staggie1746 Wrote: Extended (slightly blurry) highlights, 8:28 long, but no commentary:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEHqYuOiEiI#t=10

Jervis looks on left at start good touch and movement, but awful ball in. Later a weak header and a soft flop for a penalty (maybe something in it, but would have been soft I think). Going by highlights put himself about though. Great movement and shot from Brittain's ball in, start of 2nd half, that Quinn blazed over the rebound from. But in general, things looked to break down with him a few times, is that unfair? I'm basing this purely on the highlights.

Reckord didnt get tight the tackle in for the ball in for Motherwell's first, but in the right place and putting the pressure on and was perhaps more to do with good play from Ainsworth(?). Disappointed with Saunder's positioning though, left wee Brittain on his own at back post between two Motherwell players. Maybe a taller, better rightback could have compensated for Saunder's positioning there? Dunno, feels harsh given Saunders back from long lay-off, and RB playing out of position, but there is a problem there that led to a goal.

Saunders didnt impress for 2nd either, losing the first ball and not getting tight enough after, although he did look to be shouting for a push so was delayed by that. RB nowhere near with the second ball after the 'push' on Saunders', out jumped and out-muscled, left on his [censored]. Again, maybe a taller, better rightback could have compensated for Saunder's role in the goal? Feels harsh again admittedly, but could probably do with someone more involved than I looking at it.

Generally, I thought Saunders was a little better and Jervis not as good as the impression you got. I thought it was Jervis's least effective of his run of starts, to be honest, but he did really well with that volley before Quinn's miss - he arguably timed the connection too well for it to go straight at the keeper.

I don't know if there is an obvious explanation for Boyd not being in the squad. I doubt he's fallen that far out of favour yet.

Maatsen just took the right wing for himself as Dingwall moved in. It was a risk worth taking. He put in a belter of a ball just before the end after beating his marker.

I fully understand what your saying ....bear in mind Tony has played with kyle all previous season with the development league and they played hand in glove there so why not give em a chance to do the same now.....? Cmon the development boys..."give kyle a chance" ;-)

(12-14-2014, 11:41 PM)john@THHP Wrote: Generally, I thought Saunders was a little better and Jervis not as good as the impression you got. I thought it was Jervis's least effective of his run of starts, to be honest, but he did really well with that volley before Quinn's miss - he arguably timed the connection too well for it to go straight at the keeper.

I don't know if there is an obvious explanation for Boyd not being in the squad. I doubt he's fallen that far out of favour yet.

Maatsen just took the right wing for himself as Dingwall moved in. It was a risk worth taking. He put in a belter of a ball just before the end after beating his marker.

Thanks John, there were a few posts I've noticed on here and P&B saying it was good to see Saunders back, so I'm glad he had a better game than the highlights imply. Losing Sutton for the first was poor, but for the 2nd he obviously was shouting to the ref for a foul, and otherwise appeared solid.

Shame about Jervis, but not surprising. I really want to see Boyce afforded the same level of first team exposure that Jervis has received recently, I really think Boyce could be a good player.

Also, with Arquin, Jervis, Boyce and McLeod essentially vying for one position, I'm afraid Boyce will be the first to be released if management decide/notice we are too top heavy. I'd really like to see what Boyce could do given a proper run in the team before that happened. Admittedly, there is nothing to imply that Boyce will be released, or is out of favour to that extent. Just a healthy paranoia!

Oh! Special mention to Joe Cardle who took the ball on the OUTSIDE and whipped a good ball into the box with his left foot, which Gardyne played to Dingwall for the equaliser. The system works Smile

We're off the bottom!

Great to see Tony Dingwall score 2, well deserved.

Nice to see Saunders back, had a good game, but did make a mistake for their second. If Saunders can get a run of games, he's a very good player at this level.