Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Motherwell away 13-Dec
(12-13-2014, 09:39 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: !!Tony Dingwall !!Tony Dingwall you are just pure class
RSB ask all supporters stand up and raise a glass
Now one and all shout out aloud
Tonys here where's Kyle McLeod

Your best post. Ever.

(12-13-2014, 07:40 PM)Wicky Wrote: Just back from the game. Great to get the goal in the last minute but we really have to win games like that when we are on top, especially against others in the bottom six. The stats don't lie - we would not have been flattered by a win. Quinn had a great chance to put us 2 up early in the second half, and we also hit the post shortly before the end.

Tony D was our MOTM again, and not just for his goals. All our threat came through him. His first goal was really well taken, scoring smartly from a good save from his own shot.

Irvine left our back four exposed for both their goals, but contributed well going forward. Saunders and Quinn generally had Sutton under control, which was key.

Jervis started up front, with Arquin in behind, but there is not much understanding between our forwards and attacking midfielders. None seem to be able to anticipate what the others will do, and so many goal scoring opportunities just peter out with a misplaced pass or lack of pace.

Cardle came on for Carey and Arquin moved forward when Gardyne came on for Jervis. Maatsen replaced Brittain as we went all out for a goal. Cardle must be outstanding in training to get all the match time he does. Maatsen caused more problems though it was probably Cardle (or possibly Gardyne) with an assist for the equaliser.

Motherwell don't look good. Their new manager will have to be good to turn them around.

As one who shouted for Tony Dingwall week in week out I'm just so proud of the wee man I knew he had he knows he's got it,
Now pleeeeaasse McIntyre. Bring on Kyle Macleod. Honestly Kyle is better than a certain player who is now a regular in team,
Oh yes Maetson Kyle and Tony will run the legs of any defense in league
After all it's a young mans game .

(12-13-2014, 09:48 PM)IDW16 Wrote: Your best post. Ever.

Is that so where are the likes and positives it gets weary looking at RSB - 4

Relieved to see us snatch a point from a game I thought we were going to lose.
Well done to all those who travelled.
WDDDWWWWWWWWWDDDWDDDWWWWDWWDWD
CHAMPS
WWDWWDDDWDD
40 UNBEATEN

(12-08-2014, 01:57 PM)Fleackeuy Wrote: Francis-Angol , appears to struggle a t left back!
Allow Tony Dingwall to go at him same way he did first half against Dundee Utd on Friday night.
Feed balls to Arquin, ( just a thought)

Are you sure it's Butcher?
Don't want to put a bet on and loose my Xmas pocket money!

Keep playing Tony!
Tony is very fit, very keen, no excuse not to keep playing him.
And release Kyle Macleod on some teams, a little at a time.
Next requirement, (wish list ) is an outstanding centre back (local) who has the club 100% at heart, and would give his ALL for the team.
Upwards and onwards.

Just watched the highlights.

Cracking second goal from Dingwall. Great finish.

Bad defending for Well's first goal though. Free header for Sutton.

(12-14-2014, 12:28 AM)IDW16 Wrote: Just watched the highlights.

Cracking second goal from Dingwall. Great finish.

Bad defending for Well's first goal though. Free header for Sutton.

Where'd you find the highlights? Checked BBC, 'Well website and youtube but no joy Sad

(12-14-2014, 12:48 AM)staggie1746 Wrote: Where'd you find the highlights? Checked BBC, 'Well website and youtube but no joy Sad

On the SPFL web site. Scroll down to the tweets and there is a link in one of them.

Antonio Reguero was playing. Was Brown dropped or injured? How did he do in the game? I know he made one or two mistakes at the beginning of the season but he often got the blame for some shocking defensive performances.

(12-14-2014, 09:09 AM)Its Only A Game Wrote: Antonio Reguero was playing. Was Brown dropped or injured? How did he do in the game? I know he made one or two mistakes at the beginning of the season but he often got the blame for some shocking defensive performances.

I assumed it was a change for change's sake, to try and get out of the rut of consecutive defeats. Reguero didn't have much to do, to be honest. No chance with the first goal - Sutton left unmarked to head in - and the second was well placed in the corner from distance. I don't remember him having to make any saves of any significance. Distribution was OK. And certainly much less of a bomb scare than the one legged Twardzik who had a few nervy moments.

Talking of bomb scares, Off the Ball had a phone in yesterday suggesting footballers with an explosive theme. Best was Danny Welbeck's dad who is a bomb disposal expert - Stan Welbeck.

(12-13-2014, 08:36 PM)PooleweStaggie Wrote: Not forgetting the hats aswell Big Grin

Hmm. Were you on the bus?

[quote='Ross shire buff' pid='44467' dateline='1418503159']

!!Tony Dingwall !!Tony Dingwall you are just pure class
RSB ask all supporters stand up and raise a glass
Now one and all shout out aloud
Tonys here where's Kyle McLeod
-----------------------------------------------------------------
RSB
You are a poet and you know it
Every time you make a rhyme

(12-14-2014, 09:09 AM)Its Only A Game Wrote: Antonio Reguero was playing. Was Brown dropped or injured? How did he do in the game? I know he made one or two mistakes at the beginning of the season but he often got the blame for some shocking defensive performances.

Can't remember any saves of note, or mistakes, but as pointed out by John Maxwell his quick distribution back out to a County player was much much better than Brown's usual punt up the park.

Saunders did ok considering that was his first game back, maybe could have done better for their 2nd goal, seemed to get caught under the high ball, which they broke from and scored, claimed he was pushed from behind I think. Good to see him back, another option.

A great day, love their social club, good bunch on the supporters bus, some well dodgy singing on the way home though!

Excellent goals from Dingwall.

Unforgivable miss from Quinn(ex Motherwell)!

Two points lost!

(12-13-2014, 09:52 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Is that so where are the likes and positives it gets weary looking at RSB - 4

That -4 is your badge of honour RSB. Wear it with pride. Much better to be -4 and missed than to be 0 and invisible on here.

And likes are over-rated, I have decided. Wink

P.S. Why aren't you telling us about Tony's wee brother?

Kyle & Tony have grown up at the club ! They play well together
When are we going to get to see what they can do ? Surely it makes
Perfect scenes when you see what Tony has achieved on his own ! Kyle is
Ready just give him 20 mins to proove it please

County have played better this season, but they were still mostly better than a really poor Motherwell side who took two out of only four presentable chances.

I don't think Jervis and Arquin together clicked. I don't think Arquin suits being the one to drop deeper because his final ball to let others in is too often wasteful, while Jervis didn't have enough aggression to lead the line. Arquin and Gardyne worked better together, maybe they'll play against Hamilton.

Is it a coincidence that Reguero and Saunders both came in at the same time, considering how much development match time they've had together recently? Probably not. County were a bit better playing out from the back than before, especially in the last 20 minutes when there was more urgency.

Jim did absolutely the right thing in easing Saunders back with the number of DL matches. He's a good player, if Jim can get 15 matches from him there might not be a need to overspend in January.

Tony's two goals were really well taken.

I thought Saunders did a decent job considering how little he's played the last season and a half. I think with a run in the first team to sharpen him up, without any injuries, he could be a valuable (re-)addition to our back 4, was really pleased to see him back

(12-14-2014, 11:37 AM)Wicky Wrote: That -4 is your badge of honour RSB. Wear it with pride. Much better to be -4 and missed than to be 0 and invisible on here.

And likes are over-rated, I have decided. Wink

P.S. Why aren't you telling us about Tony's wee brother?

Russel is having problems he is growing so fast Tony will be Russell's wee brother shortly,anyway.Russ is the business too,but he will take longer due to this growth span when he stretches joints are over stretching I think he was advised to take up Yoga but what a player this guys will be Imagine Dingwall to Dingwall back to Dingwall !!!GOAL!! From Dingwall to Dingwall in Dingwall for county yep

(12-14-2014, 11:31 AM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: Excellent goals from Dingwall.

Unforgivable miss from Quinn(ex Motherwell)!

Two points lost!

Players miss chances. Wrong to suggest that there was anything sinister in the miss and rescuing a draw with a fine goal with the last kick of the game and thus Keeping Motherwell well within our sights rather than letting them pull away was definitely a point saved rather than points lost.

Young Tony's last minute goal may well prove to be one of the most important of the whole season..

Extended (slightly blurry) highlights, 8:28 long, but no commentary:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EEHqYuOiEiI#t=10

No Boyd in the squad at all? Did I miss an injury or suspension?

Jervis looks on left at start good touch and movement, but awful ball in. Later a weak header and a soft flop for a penalty (maybe something in it, but would have been soft I think). Going by highlights put himself about though. Great movement and shot from Brittain's ball in, start of 2nd half, that Quinn blazed over the rebound from. But in general, things looked to break down with him a few times, is that unfair? I'm basing this purely on the highlights.

Arquin through on goal but didnt hold ball up with Jervis breaking forward, or beat his man, and all broke down. Otherwise looked to play well with back to goal and cause trouble.

Reckord picking up Sutton at one point, but Sutton got the header in, at least he was in the right position and putting him under pressure. Looked decent all game, but got beat a couple times. Difficult when our defense gets so exposed, and Motherwell have very good forwards.

Wood and Irvine breaking together a few times, given how porous our defense surely one should stay back?

Reckord didnt get tight the tackle in for the ball in for Motherwell's first, but in the right place and putting the pressure on and was perhaps more to do with good play from Ainsworth(?). Disappointed with Saunder's positioning though, left wee Brittain on his own at back post between two Motherwell players. Maybe a taller, better rightback could have compensated for Saunder's positioning there? Dunno, feels harsh given Saunders back from long lay-off, and RB playing out of position, but there is a problem there that led to a goal.

Saunders didnt impress for 2nd either, losing the first ball and not getting tight enough after, although he did look to be shouting for a push so was delayed by that. RB nowhere near with the second ball after the 'push' on Saunders', out jumped and out-muscled, left on his [censored]. Again, maybe a taller, better rightback could have compensated for Saunder's role in the goal? Feels harsh again admittedly, but could probably do with someone more involved than I looking at it.

Reckord great ball in for goal, Arquin brillianty hold off 2 (arguably 3) Well players to flick on, Dingwall did well to find and hold that space, took it down well, great shot with right foot. Even better to adjust his footing and spank a great finish in with his left ton the rebound.

Gardyne's (who could easily have had a double) lay off to Dingwall for the 2nd is sumptuous, and the finish is emphatic. Great goal.
In general Dingwal looked to have a good game, direct, rarely wasted the ball, and tracked back at pace even late in the game.

Some really good moves in highlights, even before our equaliser. Maatsen looking involved.
Given the subs made, did Maatsen come on at rightback?? Ballsy move if so!