Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Motherwell away 13-Dec
(12-08-2014, 02:47 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Rumour that Butcher will be appointed in next 48 hours, but it's a rumour ;0)

Have to say that does concern me, because more often than not a new manager gets a reaction. Even at Hibs Butcher got an immediate reaction out of his players, he's that kind of character.

I was hoping Kenny Black would get the job, for our sakes. I know Motherwell have limited finances for a new manager, so thought he might be the easier choice.

But, I'm sure they are aware just how important this appointment is, as individually, they have better players than us or St Mirren, and really are underperforming.

Imagine it's Adams appointed before Saturday.
I won't know whether to laugh or cry all over my Xmas jumper.

Its my 21st on saturday and all I want from the County team is 3 points and I dont care how we get them

(12-08-2014, 11:05 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: We need to be careful with the youngsters and not put too much pressure on them, but I saw enough from Dingwall and Maatsen to say that they both deserve a start with Arquin up front, we can always change it if it's not working, but I was pleasantly surprised at the difference made when Maatsen and Arquin came on. I'd be in favour of trying young Miller and pushing Ritchie forward in front of him to assist him and Id also go with MacLeod on the bench for the suspended Boyce!

Why not, we have limited options at the moment - blood them!

I agree if they are god enough, get them in the frame, Kyle is ready and Miller even coming off the bench, we are on the forward foot
RSB

(12-08-2014, 08:17 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Imagine it's Adams appointed before Saturday.

He ruled himself out of it as he hasn't come to severance agreement with County yet.

(12-08-2014, 08:17 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Imagine it's Adams appointed before Saturday.

Butcher it will be

Wasn't JM's first game in charge v M'well? We got beat---- now time for revenge on whoever they appoint. Never been to M'well Where do we meet?

On another issue entirely. I saw this on P&B. It would be good if any Staggies going to the game could support it.

Motherwell Bois Food Drive - Saturday 13th December.

Motherwell Football Club were formed in 1886 when the 2 main work teams Glencairn and Alpha merged to create a club which could represent the town at a higher footballing level, and for the past 128 years have been at the heart of the community.

Unfortunately in recent years unemployment has been on the rise within our community and recent studies show 1 in 4 children in the Motherwell and Wishaw area now live in poverty.

We believe that as supporters of Motherwell FC we have a duty of care to support, not only the football team, but the local community in these times of financial hardship.

The need for a united community which strives to work together has never been greater.

For this reason we have decided to organise a food bank collection which will take place before this Saturdays match at Fir Park between Motherwell and Ross County.

All donations will go towards Basics Food Bank which operates throughout North Lanarkshire.
The aim of Basics Food Bank is to reach out to those in crisis with the provision of a food parcel and toiletry items.

We understand that times are tough, particularly in the run up to Christmas, however we would like to encourage fellow 'Well fans to give what they can.

Where to find us - Outside the Davie Cooper Stand / The Well Shop from 1:30pm up until kick off!

What to bring - Non perishable food! The following items are desirable: tinned custard, tinned fruit, tinned meat, tinned fish, super noodles, soup, beans, life long milk, pasta sauce, instant coffee, tea bags, biscuits and any basic toiletries. Please note, this list is advisory but not exhaustive.

(12-08-2014, 08:39 PM)Strathpefferstaggie Wrote: Its my 21st on saturday and all I want from the County team is 3 points and I dont care how we get them

Dive, dive, dive.......

(12-09-2014, 08:40 AM)staggie52 Wrote: On another issue entirely. I saw this on P&B. It would be good if any Staggies going to the game could support it.

Motherwell Football Club were formed in 1886 when the 2 main work teams Glencairn and Alpha merged to create a club which could represent the town at a higher footballing level, and for the past 128 years have been at the heart of the community.

Unfortunately in recent years unemployment has been on the rise within our community and recent studies show 1 in 4 children in the Motherwell and Wishaw area now live in poverty.

We believe that as supporters of Motherwell FC we have a duty of care to support, not only the football team, but the local community in these times of financial hardship.

The need for a united community which strives to work together has never been greater.

For this reason we have decided to organise a food bank collection which will take place before this Saturdays match at Fir Park between Motherwell and Ross County.

All donations will go towards Basics Food Bank which operates throughout North Lanarkshire.
The aim of Basics Food Bank is to reach out to those in crisis with the provision of a food parcel and toiletry items.

We understand that times are tough, particularly in the run up to Christmas, however we would like to encourage fellow 'Well fans to give what they can.

Where to find us - Outside the Davie Cooper Stand / The Well Shop from 1:30pm up until kick off!

What to bring - Non perishable food! The following items are desirable: tinned custard, tinned fruit, tinned meat, tinned fish, super noodles, soup, beans, life long milk, pasta sauce, instant coffee, tea bags, biscuits and any basic toiletries. Please note, this list is advisory but not exhaustive.

Good shout Staggie52!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(12-09-2014, 08:48 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: Dive, dive, dive.......

Always good to see the manager pitching in on the forum, hi Jim!

(12-08-2014, 01:57 PM)Fleackeuy Wrote: Francis-Angol , appears to struggle a t left back!
Allow Tony Dingwall to go at him same way he did first half against Dundee Utd on Friday night.
Feed balls to Arquin, ( just a thought)

Are you sure it's Butcher?
Don't want to put a bet on and loose my Xmas pocket money!

Agreee that Francis Angol does struggle but I would be pitching Maatsen against him and playing Dingwall behind Arquin and Carey on the left. Maatsen should leave him standing or probably force him into behaviour that will result in a card of some colour. He would also force Motherwell to commit another player to cover him getting past Angol which would seriously restrict their attacking options e.g. Vigurs would need to play further back in midfield. They wouold be unable to commit him further forward due to Maatsen's pace coupled with the pace and skill of Dingwall and Arquin. From what I saw of these three on Friday with the backing of Woods, Carey and Brittain we could be posing come very serious questions of Motherwell's defence.

I agree - I saw enough on Friday night in the second half to suggest that if we have Carey back and maybe throw in Gardyne or Maatsen and Arquin along with Dingwall - we could be causing teams a few more problems.....my only concern is that Arquin is only signed until January and benching him isn't going to do anything for his long-term County plans!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Normally a draw away from home would be OK but in this instance we have to go for a win so I hope we pick an attacking formation. Not sure we're good enough to play a really good counter-attacking game like Dundee United. Carey should be back which will make a big difference.

Said it before the last game and it's even more relevant for this one- we have to score the first goal!

A loss on Saturday would leave us on 8 and Motherwell on 13. So with good home games coming up in January we need to feel we're still in touch by then.

Butcher has ruled himself out of Motherwell job

(12-09-2014, 08:40 AM)staggie52 Wrote: On another issue entirely. I saw this on P&B. It would be good if any Staggies going to the game could support it.

Mr Oconnor take note, community charity begins at home,is there a food bank near us ,as I'm a believer look after your own people then branch out great project at Motherwell but a win for us would be good, county could have a stall at ground at least three times a season. !!every little helps!! Note poppy Scotland is helping in every way IN Scotland

(12-11-2014, 08:38 AM)Ross shire buff Wrote: Mr Oconnor take note, community charity begins at home,is there a food bank near us ,as I'm a believer look after your own people then branch out great project at Motherwell but a win for us would be good, county could have a stall at ground at least three times a season. !!every little helps!! Note poppy Scotland is helping in every way IN Scotland

To be fair to County RSB, it's the Motherwell fans who are organising theirs, not the club. If anybody has a contact with a food bank there's no reason why we couldn't do the same. Of course would be better if the club did it. There's a bit of organising about collecting, storing and transporting whatever's collected.

(12-11-2014, 09:49 AM)staggie52 Wrote: To be fair to County RSB, it's the Motherwell fans who are organising theirs, not the club. If anybody has a contact with a food bank there's no reason why we couldn't do the same. Of course would be better if the club did it. There's a bit of organising about collecting, storing and transporting whatever's collected.

I'm up for that, I do my bit for poppy Scotland proud to have been presented with my ten year certificate for service. Anything to help people in need is worthy
Thanks like your response

(12-11-2014, 10:13 AM)Ross shire buff Wrote: I'm up for that, I do my bit for poppy Scotland proud to have been presented with my ten year certificate for service. Anything to help people in need is worthy
Thanks like your response

I would be up for helping out trying to get something going... Is there a local food bank we could help out?

(12-11-2014, 09:16 PM)Embogary Wrote: I would be up for helping out trying to get something going... Is there a local food bank we could help out?

http://highland.foodbank.org.uk/opening-times

http://www.dingwall-church.co.uk/Foodbank.htm

Is it the FP social club everybody's heading to today then?