Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
vs Dundee United
I share Ed's views. Ed has the club at heart and was one of the main people that was behind 'Save our Staggies'. He doesn't want to see his club return to the same state it was once in after all the hard work that went on behind the scenes to make the club financially sound. I know from my business deals up here there is plenty of people that wanted to buy into the club but we're knocked back. On to the team. He is right 8 defeats out of 12 is very poor. McIntyre has had his own team in place. If you look at team that started on Friday only Brittain and Jervis were regulars under Adams this season. Quinn,Toshney,Reckford,Irvine,Woods are new signings that played against Dundee Utd.Dingwall,Ross,Cardle and Brown were subs under him. Think you have to stop making excuses for the new management team.

(12-07-2014, 12:36 AM)Cit Reath Wrote: Guys!
If you had listened to Jim Macintyres interview on BBC Radio.
He did not say Arquin “should have went done”.
He said! QUOTE! “ He’s got to go down”
Which means, he has to go down before a penalty can be awarded.

BBC quote!
Arquin, who scored to make it 3-1, then stayed on his feet when he could have gone down under keeper Radoslaw Cierzniak's challenge.
"He's got to go down," McIntyre said.
"There's definitely been a touch there. You've got to applaud his honesty but if he doesn't go down there's not a decision to be made."
The Staggies produced a fine display against United but were found wanting in the final third.

If you honestly believe that's what he meant you're incredibly naive.

First time on here in ages. I see we have some interesting new Posters.

First goal is so important to us this season. We have lost every game we concede first this season.

I actually think that game highlighted some real positives and negatives.

Positives
Reckord looks like a good left back
Tony Dingwall had another good game
Woods is a very tidy player and has set up a couple of goals recently.
Team spirit was excellent

Negatives
RB ain't a RB end off
Cardle is just not consistent enough, and is a luxury we can't afford
Ross was found wanting and lost Armstong and Erskine on numerous times

Hopefully we can get 4 points at least over the next two games.
I think McIntyre will get there, especially when Jan comes.

A new centre back to partner Quinn is a must for me.
From Bottom of Highland League, to sitting at Scottish footballs top table.....If Carlsberg did Football stories!.
@JackMunro9

Little bit unlucky to lose. All of Dundee United's goals came from counter attacks and at least 2 were just really poor defending.

The defence was pretty poor and definitely needs to improve. Reckord looks a decent left back, but I'm not sure about the rest. Brittain isn't a right back and I thought we missed him in centre midfield. Quinn is a good organiser and strong in the air, but he's making too many mistakes. The own goal against Aberdeen and Dundee United's first goal were really sloppy mistakes. No idea why Toshney started ahead of Boyd, that was Sunday league defending by him for the third goal.

Frempah is our best centre back and we need him back ASAP.

Woods has a really nice touch about him, but he needs to stamp his authority on the game more. He's been good so far and I think he'll get better. Really poor performance from Irvine, he lived up to the "headless chicken" comments. He didn't protect the defence or contribute anything going forward. Irvine needs to protect the defence better, if not, I'd prefer to see Brittain in there beside Woods. Not convinced Irvine is technically good enough to play CM, his best game for us was CB against Dundee. Possibly an option to play alongside Quinn until Frempah is back.

Dingwall was brilliant and was our best player by a mile. Fantastic control and dribbling ability, but his workrate was even more impressive. What a talent. Cardle was so wasteful again and Dingwall, Gardyne and Maatsen should all be ahead of him in the pecking order. Ross did well, but his final ball really let him down. To be fair to Ross, he hasn't played much first team football this season and I personally think his mistakes were just down to the lack of match sharpness. If he's played 4/5/6 games in a row, I reckon he finishes at least one of those chances. Not sure Ross will get that run of games though.

Jervis has been in decent goalscoring form, but he was really quiet. I expected him to be full of confidence but he just went missing really. What a difference when Arquin came on and I think Arquin will start the next game. Arquin is our most talented striker, just hasn't happened for him this season, but I thought he looked better playing alongside Dingwall and Maatsen.

Maatsen could be a great impact player for us. Dingwall and Gardyne on the wings with Maatsen coming on as an impact sub is good options IMO.

Hi All, I hope you don't mind me posting my thoughts - although not originally a County fan (I support an english league club) I've become very fond of them since I first went in 2008. I went to the game on Fri and just wanted to say I thought there were quite a few positive signs - I agree Ritchie Brittain is better in midfield but I think Boyd back in alongside Quinn with Toshney and Rekord at RB/LB would be a fairly good defence. I was surprised by the negative comments about Jackson Irvine who personally I thought had a very good game, and I thought Dingwall and Ross - although quite raw - did very well too. I also thought Jervis did a good job of holding the ball up and could do well with a strike partner to play off him. I thought the subs all did really well, particularly Maatsen who I would like to see get more chances - his pace was a real threat. There's no denying it's going to be a tight battle at the bottom, but I think there's hope that County can finish above St Mirren and who knows possibly catch Motherwell/Partick. I'll certainly do all I can to help support in the battle against relegation and have decided to try and get to a lot games for the remainder of the season, good luck

(12-08-2014, 01:04 PM)Northender Wrote: Hi All, I hope you don't mind me posting my thoughts - although not originally a County fan (I support an english league club) I've become very fond of them since I first went in 2008. I went to the game on Fri and just wanted to say I thought there were quite a few positive signs - I agree Ritchie Brittain is better in midfield but I think Boyd back in alongside Quinn with Toshney and Rekord at RB/LB would be a fairly good defence. I was surprised by the negative comments about Jackson Irvine who personally I thought had a very good game, and I thought Dingwall and Ross - although quite raw - did very well too. I also thought Jervis did a good job of holding the ball up and could do well with a strike partner to play off him. I thought the subs all did really well, particularly Maatsen who I would like to see get more chances - his pace was a real threat. There's no denying it's going to be a tight battle at the bottom, but I think there's hope that County can finish above St Mirren and who knows possibly catch Motherwell/Partick. I'll certainly do all I can to help support in the battle against relegation and have decided to try and get to a lot games for the remainder of the season, good luck

Feel free to post and thanks for your comments and support, team needs as many people behind it as possible at the moment - cheers!
Supporter Liaison Officer