Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Sammy Wilson
Sad to here the death of former player and manager Sammy Wilson aged 82, Sammy made a big impression in his time at Victoria park from 1962 to 1966, and was in charge of the infamous Scottish cup match against Rangers.
After leaving County he spent sometime at Brora Rangers and was influential in getting defender Roddie MacDonald a move to Celtic

RIP Sammy

A fantastic man.

His contribution to Highland football should never be understated or forgotten. Quite possibly the best 'coach' we've had up here. Way, way ahead of his time.

RIP Sammy

Sorry to hear the news. I remember him taking us as teenage kids through a really exhaustive training session behind the old Victoria Stadium. It was a revelation, not least when he showed us how to strike a dead ball. He would have been late 30's and was obviously fit as a fiddle. I have never, never seen anyone strike a ball so hard and with such accuracy. I remember wondering how any keeper could see it never mind get a hand to it. After seeing this it did cross my mind that I may not have the ability to be a professional player - turned out I was an excellent judge.
Great guy, happy memories.

Always had time for anyone wanting a wee chat about football and as said in the point above a great coach. Many good nights in the Kincraig Hotel in his company as well.