Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Highland Derby 5th October 2014
(10-06-2014, 02:55 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Interesting to see the attendances for this fixture in the top league:

5/10/12 League ICT 3 - 1 RC 6,766
2/3/13 League RC 0 - 0 ICT 5,959
16/3/13 League ICT 2 - 1 RC 5,750
19/5/13 League RC 1 - 0 ICT 6,002
1/1/14 League ICT 1 - 2 RC 4,332
25/2/14 League RC 0 - 3 ICT 4,805
4/4/14 League RC 1 - 2 ICT 4,453
5/10/14 League ICT 1 - 1 RC 3,741

source: http://www.staggiearchive.co.uk/opponent.php?opp=263

Novelty worn off?
Interesting the number of staggies that refuse to go to ICT, for whatever reason. Spoke to quite a few in the Caley/Mallard when I got back yesterday.

5/10/12 League ICT 3 - 1 RC 6,766 Friday Night
2/3/13 League RC 0 - 0 ICT 5,959 Saturday
16/3/13 League ICT 2 - 1 RC 5,750 Saturday
19/5/13 League RC 1 - 0 ICT 6,002 Sunday (Beach ball Burst Day)
1/1/14 League ICT 1 - 2 RC 4,332 Wednesday (New Year’ Day)
25/2/14 League RC 0 - 3 ICT 4,805 Tuesday
4/4/14 League RC 1 - 2 ICT 4,453 Friday
5/10/14 League ICT 1 - 1 RC 3,741 Sunday

Yep, to be honest I would say there is a dwindling of fans at both Caley Park and the GES.
Not just the Highland Derby, but games in general.
Go over the Kessock Bridge on their match days, the place looks deserted, GES is not much better recently.
Only upsurge in the above attendances was the “Beach Balls Are Burst Day” (Ha-Ha-Ha All day long)
That was down to an uptake in tickets from Caley fans, many of whom had never set foot in either Caley Park or the GES.
And extra County fans turning up, determined to see Butcher and his bunch of sausages defeated, (sorry deflated).
If you think County fans are fickle? The Caley fans are much worse.
Also, look at their attendance for the cup final against Aberdeen, first major cup final, and what? 5/6 thousand bother to turn up?
Immoral Cow Den Bender

(10-06-2014, 02:55 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Interesting to see the attendances for this fixture in the top league:

Novelty worn off?
Interesting the number of staggies that refuse to go to ICT, for whatever reason. Spoke to quite a few in the Caley/Mallard when I got back yesterday.

Firstly thanks for the archive link.
Question?
Tuesday February 25th 2003
ICT 1 Ross County 5
Kevin McLeish (13)
Steve Ferguson (pen.) (19)
Tassos Venetis (39)
Hugh Robertson (48)
Conor Gethins (88)

The stats state this was a 3 pm kick off?
Is this correct, I always thought it was an evening kick off?
Or, am I getting mixed up?

(10-06-2014, 03:32 PM)Fleackeuy Wrote: Firstly thanks for the archive link.
Question?
Tuesday February 25th 2003
ICT 1 Ross County 5
Kevin McLeish (13)
Steve Ferguson (pen.) (19)
Tassos Venetis (39)
Hugh Robertson (48)
Conor Gethins (88)

The stats state this was a 3 pm kick off?
Is this correct, I always thought it was an evening kick off?
Or, am I getting mixed up?

Evening kick off, goals can be viewed on You Tube!

Definitely was a midweek, it cut short the celebrations!

Novelty worn off?

It's only a short trip over the bridge for gods sake I don't get !!we hate going to that ground so we stop, if we all did that. Poor staggies, you can see how the players look up to the stand and appreciate the following, honestly my feet were giving me Jippo pain very bad, was slouching, but I couldn't miss this, I was thrilled just got inside the bar to be met with Staggie national anthem and Boom Boom well done lads made my day, and a few others the guy n drum knows his stuff,

(10-06-2014, 04:17 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: It's only a short trip over the bridge for gods sake I don't get !!we hate going to that ground so we stop, if we all did that. Poor staggies, you can see how the players look up to the stand and appreciate the following, honestly my feet were giving me Jippo pain very bad, was slouching, but I couldn't miss this, I was thrilled just got inside the bar to be met with Staggie national anthem and Boom Boom well done lads made my day, and a few others the guy n drum knows his stuff,

In defence of the supporters that did/could not make it.
Lack of public transport.
Sunday.
Early kick off time.
Live on Sky.
Probably the above factors helped to keep the attendance down.
Also the Caley end wasn’t exactly bursting at the seams, behind the goals and the main stand had loads of empty seats.
Immoral Cow Den Bender

Home support was very low, we definitely boosted that attendance, but was hoping for that South stand to be bouncing, and it was given the turnout.
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(10-06-2014, 08:08 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Home support was very low, we definitely boosted that attendance, but was hoping for that South stand to be bouncing, and it was given the turnout.

Aye it was I loved it right beside the boom boom, you lads that keep this going deserve a mention in sports magazine, you are heart and soul of support

I'm having a peek at under twenty training tomorrow & Thursday great entertainment.

I do like the boom boom.....:0)

Just watched the extended highlights (thanks BB). Tremendous first half display, and great chance for Arquin start of 2nd, then fell apart as ably described by others earlier. Still a huge amount of fight to maintain the draw, which is highly credible in itself.

Cant help but think that if we had a proper LB, Carey would be further forward and so would have had the 3 first half chances that Rocco did. Being naturally left-sided you would have fancied Carey to take at least one! Assuming he got in the same positions etc etc. Him or a fit De Leeuw...

Nothing against Rocco, just exciting to see that we're maybe only a LB from a decent team and a healthy squad. Getting there Smile

Maybe an option to try switching Carey and Rocco, Ritchie was in the paper saying he'd play in goal if it was needed, I'm sure Rocco could do a job at left back!

(10-07-2014, 07:26 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: Maybe an option to try switching Carey and Rocco, Ritchie was in the paper saying he'd play in goal if it was needed, I'm sure Rocco could do a job at left back!

I think Rocco is playing some of his best stuff just now, we really missed him when he went off at the start of the second half
"the beach balls are burst" Derek Adams 19/05/13

I wouldn't look too much into the poor attendance on Sunday, there was a lot of factors.

A Sunday morning game in Inverness just isn't appealing. Their stadium is terrible and I really don't like going there at all - added onto the fact it's a Sunday morning game in October and I'm not surprised it wasn't a big attendance.

It was on Sky tv aswell, so that would mean a few more people would stay at home and watch it.

Get a derby game 3pm on a Saturday afternoon in decent weather and the attendance would definitely increase.

Stand out player for me was Jackson Irvine. Box to box midfielder, strong in the tackle and can play a defence splitting pass. I assume he will be ineligible to play next week against celtic though. Anyone able to confirm?

Disappointed with #YA15 though... looked nervous in front of goal. Really want to like him as he has everything except the finishing, similar to the Wolf last year (exception of that belter at Hearts!).

Agreed, given the touch Arquin has and the fact he gets himself into really good positions, his finishing could definitely be better. But what a player to have in your squad - really noised up the ICT defence, if Boyce had been in his positions we'd have gone in 4 up at half time!

Anyone who rates Arquin by his goal tally is a fool. He provides so much else to the team than he gets praise for.

If Arquin was a very good finisher he'd probably be in the Premiership being hailed as the new Drogba.
He's an excellent talent that must be very exciting for McIntyre and Dodds to coach (esp. given their own careers).

Delighted we have him and a first name on the teamsheet for me. Really hope we can help him develop his finishing. Admittedly if that happens he will then likely be "too good for us." Happy for that to happen though for obvious footballing and financial reasons!

(10-07-2014, 05:29 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Anyone who rates Arquin by his goal tally is a fool. He provides so much else to the team than he gets praise for.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I like my strikers to score goals. Not questioning he has many other attributes though.

(10-08-2014, 12:54 PM)Haitch Wrote: Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I like my strikers to score goals. Not questioning he has many other attributes though.

Jervis has more goals, and is arguably a better finisher, but I'd rather Arquin ahead of him given we only play one striker.

(10-08-2014, 12:54 PM)Haitch Wrote: Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but I like my strikers to score goals. Not questioning he has many other attributes though.

Jakey man people have opinions it does NOT make them fools Arquan good player
But he is not THE Arquan we got, he seems to switch of and on at times body language shows it too, hopefully JM &WD help him get through whatever is bothering him off the park,