Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Melvin De Leeuw
Has been used sparingly so far to say the least.
Hopefully there has not been a personality clash and the reason is due to issues over his fitness .
Otherwise we might be in some danger of losing him in the next week.His omissions from the startng line ups cannot be going unnoticed.
Like others I cannot see why he is not playing!

(08-24-2014, 10:47 PM)Strathglass Wrote: Has been used sparingly so far to say the least.
Hopefully there has not been a personality clash and the reason is due to issues over his fitness .
Otherwise we might be in some danger of losing him in the next week.His omissions from the startng line ups cannot be going unnoticed.
Like others I cannot see why he is not playing!

In my opinion, and it’s just an opinion, just in case anyone gets a bit hot in the head over it.
Melvin De Leeuw is by a considerable distance Ross County’s most skilful and best player.
However, as several people keep posting on here, Del does not know his best team yet (yawn), and Del is still experimenting (yawn, yawn)
We live in hope for next week that Del gets his best available starting eleven on the park, and his most desirable formation.
And hopefully by the next home game it will be rosy, the manager is speaking to Melvin again, (if indeed they did have a fall out), and any other player he falls out with between now.
Then they all kiss and make up, huddle etc.
Oh! And not forgetting, the dwindling crowds come flocking back.

Maybe there has been interest in him and they are not risking him being injured - could be he's being left out as he may be getting sold?
Supporter Liaison Officer 

What we do know is that Melvin carried an injury for most of last season - he was seldom able to complete 90 minutes. He hasn't had an operation as far as I'm aware so this is clearly the reason why he's being used sparingly this year.

I expect him to start against Stranraer and could quite easily (if you excuse the phrase) tear them a new one.

You could see during the last few games of last season that he was struggling as he was being subbed around 60 / 70 minute mark and looked whacked....think it was a knee issue he had?

Surely if the player required any surgery it would have been done in the closed season.

Maybe the manager just doesn't rate the player.
Gudgie67 aka Gadgie67

He's not injured.
I hope he starts tomorrow night and gives Del no option but to start him on Saturday.
In saying that, I wouldn't want Cardle or Carey dropped, who both did well on Saturday.

I think that it's more that Derek maybe thinks he gets more out of the likes of Carey and Cardle - but he could play De Leeuw up front with Arquin, Boyce or Jervis....options!

Just wish we had the same dilemma in defence!

He was our best player last season.

He does apparently have a knee problem, but de Leeuw makes things happen and is a real goal threat.

Melvin De Leeuw was our best player last year, but he has to earn the right to start like everyone else, maybe more this year as we have more competition in the attacking positions.