Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Fixtures 2014/15
Yip it's that time of the season.

Fixtures are released wednesday morning. So who does everyone want to start and last game before split.

I'd quiet like Killie at home. They should be away first due to ongoings at their stadium, hopefully minus Boyd should give us a good chance to start well.

We should hopefully avoid Celtic given we played them last year. Saying that it would be a home opener v Celtic as park head is also closed for first two weeks of the season.

If we don't get killie then one of the teams that is involved in European games preferable as far away in Europe just before as possible.

Caley last game pre split as well please.

Discuss.
No sacrifice no victory 

Partick away please.

home game on the 16th of august will do for me...it'll be my only chance to catch a game when i'm over.

Wouldn't mind dundee away just for the day out but dundee would be on a high from winning league, so just anyone really apart from celtic

Probably won't happen because we got them last year, although you never know with the SPFL, but I would like Celtic at Dingwall.

Failing that, the best opportunity to get 3 points in the bag. The promoted teams will be up for it and full of enthusiasm so I would take either St Mirren or Killie at home.

Celtic in Dingwall wont happen as they are the champions so they get to start at home I would like Dundee or Hamilton at home to start with

I'd prefer to avoid the newly promoted teams as they will be well fired up for their first game - wouldn't mind Kilmarnock or St Mirren at home....It's going to be a bit of a battle this season with two new teams....
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Away game first please. I'm going to be drunk in a field near Kiltarlity that day (and the two days before).

(06-17-2014, 09:57 AM)Strathpefferstaggie Wrote: Celtic in Dingwall wont happen as they are the champions so they get to start at home I would like Dundee or Hamilton at home to start with

Celtic will no doubt be on tour around then anyway and the SPL will be apologising for causing an inconvenience.

Our home crowd is usually affected by Belladrum, so an away start would be ok.
Not Dundee or Hamilton though, who will be well fired up.
Killie, minus Boyd, on their new plastic pitch?

(06-17-2014, 01:33 PM)FilthyStaggie Wrote:
(06-17-2014, 09:57 AM)Strathpefferstaggie Wrote: Celtic in Dingwall wont happen as they are the champions so they get to start at home I would like Dundee or Hamilton at home to start with

Celtic will no doubt be on tour around then anyway and the SPL will be apologising for causing an inconvenience.
Aye thats true I bet if it was us on tour we would get a fine or get points taken off us for not playing the game

Away to ICT seems to be the first game according to an embargo breaking tweet. Then home to Celtic on Match day 2.
Ross County Graphics - remember when Cantona played for us!

Derby to start the season would be fine by me. Chance to avenge those defeats last season. Bring it on..

St Johnstone at home 9th August. Nice one!!!!

Thislte Away on the 13th is decent for me, but Thistle Away is the one you want on a Saturday as its a cracking away day.

Ill miss opening day as im on holiday and don't get back till early afternoon to Edinburgh.

But not overall bothered by STJ at home.

decent first Five for us.
No sacrifice no victory 

Happy with that. Good opportunity to get off to a good start and build up some early season momentum.

Great start for us I hope for 9 points from first three games,nothing like dreaming!!!

We will be the opening fixture for St Johnstone & Partick as their first game is postponed.

st Johnstone will have played at least 2 European games by then, so we will need to ensure we are fully match fit.

I
From Bottom of Highland League, to sitting at Scottish footballs top table.....If Carlsberg did Football stories!.
@JackMunro9

Scottish Cup dates, first game for us 29th Nov.

Preliminary Round: Saturday, 16th August 2014

First Round: Saturday, 13th September 2014

Second Round: Saturday, 4th October 2014

Third Round: Saturday, 1st November 2014

Fourth Round: Saturday, 29th November 2014

Fifth Round: Saturday, 7th February 2015

Sixth Round: Saturday, 7th March 2015

Semi-Finals: Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th April 2015

Final: Saturday, 30th May 2015

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_...wsID=13474

This season, I would like us to aim for top 6 and have a good Scots Cup run. If indeed we ever did win a cup, it would be the cherry on the cake of these heady times.

On a more pragmatic note, we need to stay up this year. I reckon Rangers will come up and we need at least one season playing both of the OLd Firm to bring some cash in.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.