Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Butcher Sacked
Quite surprised by this. If it was going to happen, I would have expected it sooner. We all know Terry made a backside of it by pretty much telling all his players they were useless and he was going to replace them ASAP, but what he achieved after ICT's relegation makes me think he would have done a decent job rebuilding Hibs. Now it's already mid-June and they have barely the shell of a squad and no manager. You've got to assume they haven someone lined up already.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

I like Butcher, he's a good guy.

I'm sure he'll get another gig soon. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in Inverness, if he hasn't burned all his bridges - so to speak.

See Terry has just got the heave ho at Hibs.

Always had a fair bit of respect for him while he was OTB.

Think he would be a decent shout for Del's new number 2.

Likes the highlands and would add to the club in terms of stature, experience, and contacts, etc.

Am serious BTW!:-)

Butcher wouldn't be anyone's number two in Scotland I don't think.

Next.

A bit surprised. Seemed a decent guy who always took the opportunity to speak well of us and the Highlands in general. Surprised Hibs didn't stick with him as he took ICT straight back up on a far lower budget than Hibs are likely to have.

Without doubt a better manager than the incompetent clown currently in the manager's chair at the dump.

I'd tend to think that he would've been given the chance in any other season, possibly a bit of a panic decision with Rangers & Hearts competing for promotion too. They better have somebody good lined up for it to pay off.

(06-10-2014, 09:02 PM)Spain Wrote: I'd tend to think that he would've been given the chance in any other season, possibly a bit of a panic decision with Rangers & Hearts competing for promotion too. They better have somebody good lined up for it to pay off.

Ian Murray? I can see that ending in tears. Someone with a wee bit more management and coaching pedigree might be safer.

Stuart McCall? From 2nd placed Premiership club to broken Championship club? Don't think that's going to happen. Somewhere in England (North of Watford) should snap him up.
FergnKetts - BestBossYets

It'll be really interesting to see who they take in. It kinda needs to be someone with a proven track record, but with the opposition down in the championship, and the way Hibs have gone through managers in the last 10 years who would want to risk ruining their career there now?

(06-10-2014, 06:43 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: I like Butcher, he's a good guy.

I'm sure he'll get another gig soon. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in Inverness, if he hasn't burned all his bridges - so to speak.

I believe he has though. It wasn't as rosy as it looked from the outside.

As for Hibs, Stuart McCall surely.

Sorry to see him sacked TBH but I think he is a victim of circumstance.
I reckon the new Chairperson is taking the view that Hibs are well and truly broken and is preparing for 2 seasons in the Championship. 2 seasons in the 2nd tier will enable her to carry out a complete overhaul of the whole club its processes, structures, 1st team squad, youth set up, wages etc.
No bad thing if you take the long view. Hibs will probably follow the Hearts management structure, an experienced Director of football and a young hungry manager.

Butcher will be back at ICT by Xmas. Sooner maybe. Their Chairman loves him soooo much it hurts.

The man's an A***. the highlands are a better place without him.

(06-11-2014, 07:06 PM)kenthehood Wrote: The man's an A***. the highlands are a better place without him.

Not remotely true.

(06-12-2014, 11:25 AM)Savage Henry Wrote:
(06-11-2014, 07:06 PM)kenthehood Wrote: The man's an A***. the highlands are a better place without him.

Not remotely true.

Butcher did well at ICT but has gone back to his usual form of being sacked from every club he's managed. He's a strange man, he is always slating players and fans at clubs then trying to encourage them back and big them up when needed. He's a bit of a headcase in my opinion. If he does come back to ICT I dont think it will immediately be like it was before, will take him a season or two to get everything back to the form they were on.

(06-12-2014, 01:02 PM)theweehighlander Wrote:
(06-12-2014, 11:25 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: Not remotely true.

Butcher did well at ICT but has gone back to his usual form of being sacked from every club he's managed. He's a strange man, he is always slating players and fans at clubs then trying to encourage them back and big them up when needed. He's a bit of a headcase in my opinion. If he does come back to ICT I dont think it will immediately be like it was before, will take him a season or two to get everything back to the form they were on.

His quality as a manager is questionable. He's not an [censored] though.

I've never met him so can't comment.

However, based on the 'looking from the outside in' barometer, he does appear to be a total [censored].

Can't believe that [censored] is a censored word. Harsh.

As Jim Royle would say. My [censored]!