Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
World Cup 2014
(06-18-2014, 09:45 PM)IDW16 Wrote: Yeah, let's say that.....

Loved it so far. Spain look to be heading out the now too.

Deservedly, too. Spain have been woeful, Casillas in particular. Got to be honest, I know they haven't played it at all this time, but I found tiki-taka boring anyway.

Chile and Netherlands have both been entertaining and well worth their qualification.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

Chile fully deserved the win. Australia have been plucky and could make life very hard for Spain. Spain have been a shambles.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

(06-18-2014, 10:15 PM)staggie34 Wrote: Chile fully deserved the win. Australia have been plucky and could make life very hard for Spain. Spain have been a shambles.

If the Aussies finish above Spain in the group, which is possible, that surely has to be the end for Del Bosque?

I backed Chile to win the group and I could be right yet.

I've been very impressed with France so far, other than the silly last ten minutes against Switzerland last night.

Yep, for me France, Germany and Holland have looked the most impressive - Belgium could also find their mojo yet.....certainly been some good end to end footy on show!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Arquin playing a blinder in goal for Algeria tonight!

(06-30-2014, 10:55 PM)Dalneigh Gypo Wrote: Arquin playing a blinder in goal for Algeria tonight!

Cof he's also between the sticks for the US of A.
Very talented
He must return to the GES and play for a real team

Brazil.

Brazil had this coming. The ridiculous gesture of holding up Neymar s shirt during the anthem showed how weak the team was mentally. Silva was obviously their most important player but Brazil did not acknowledge that. They were poor in every department. In contrast Germany were magnificent and very professional. They should have scored 8. Brazil have hung on too much to past greatness and are now being bypassed.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

(07-10-2014, 09:14 PM)staggie34 Wrote: Brazil had this coming. The ridiculous gesture of holding up Neymar s shirt during the anthem showed how weak the team was mentally. Silva was obviously their most important player but Brazil did not acknowledge that. They were poor in every department. In contrast Germany were magnificent and very professional. They should have scored 8. Brazil have hung on too much to past greatness and are now being bypassed.

Totally agree, they were lucky to get as far as they did - Germany have looked well organised and clinical since the begining. I now hope Germany go on and win it...Big Grin
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Germany.