Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Information from club
Am I alone in being a bit annoyed at the lack of information that comes from the club. This includes contract lengths, existing players re-signing, injuries etc. Compared to other clubs we receive next to no information. I suppose it keeps this board interesting though !

The club is terrible on the social media side.

Might be wrong but apparently George Adams himself is in charge of the website, obviously he won't be up to date on technology so it is tricky for us.

Ach we do pretty well with the limited resources we have.
Consider the money that has been spent in the past couple of seasons on necessities.

Other clubs arrive with whole media teams and coaching staff. We have a few staff running around like blue-arsed flies.

I see today Motherwell are advertising for a Media manager. We are just not at that level yet.

http://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2014/05/27...lub-media/

(05-27-2014, 05:28 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Ach we do pretty well with the limited resources we have.
Consider the money that has been spent in the past couple of seasons on necessities.

Other clubs arrive with whole media teams and coaching staff. We have a few staff running around like blue-arsed flies.

I see today Motherwell are advertising for a Media manager. We are just not at that level yet.

Sorry cannot agree with all of the above nothing to do with money media teams ,the press are always ready for a story,and yes we do not get much formation,but I beleive there will be a very good reason for that, George Adams will not send out bits and prices, if there are any happenings,he will then inform everyone beside it very early to be expecting any thing to happen,give the board time to get its breath back,I'm sure they will release info when ready a ch Stewart maybe we being a highland club are just being canny with what we say. C'mon th county

(05-27-2014, 05:28 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Ach we do pretty well with the limited resources we have.

Spot on Stuart - give the club a break - we are doing no bad so far!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

I'm sure there are a few fans about who would willing help the club with websites social media etc. at not a lot of cost.
Gudgie67 aka Gadgie67

Absolutely - I can think of three on here (Stuart Taylor, Savage Henry, Jailender) who could easily be a social media team for the club - for a small bit of backing from the club it could easily have a decent social media setup and website.

I know "Caley D" assists ICT, and even though he sometimes gets carried away he does a fine job for. No reward. I'd gladly do something similar - but the club simply believe social media just happens. It doesn't. It takes time and skill. If it is a case of finance, fine, I'd do it for free. But it isn't. They just don't care.

There were a series of "official" Twitter accounts that appeared at the tail end of the season, but they seem to have gone dead... No blue tick, nothing. I'm assuming they were the doing of some japester.

(05-28-2014, 11:01 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: There were a series of "official" Twitter accounts that appeared at the tail end of the season, but they seem to have gone dead... No blue tick, nothing. I'm assuming they were the doing of some japester.

They were all fake.

My own view is that it needs to be controlled by the club, either done internally or if by a 3rd party then under contract (ie fully accountable). Otherwise you run the risk of the 'owner' occasionally posting nonsense, [censored]-stirring or ranting, which makes the club look ridiculous, I think you know what I'm talking about.

The club need to take control. A good simple start would be to start an official Twitter account and just post the same news that they type up on their website. That would be great for signing news, supporters bus details, club shop offers, team news etc, and would take hardly any more time than what they are doing at present. They don't even have to bother with live match updates, there are countless other feeds that folk can use if they are not actually at the game. It would be a start, little or no maintenance and hardly any extra time.

(05-28-2014, 11:57 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote:
(05-28-2014, 11:01 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: There were a series of "official" Twitter accounts that appeared at the tail end of the season, but they seem to have gone dead... No blue tick, nothing. I'm assuming they were the doing of some japester.

They were all fake.

My own view is that it needs to be controlled by the club, either done internally or if by a 3rd party then under contract (ie fully accountable). Otherwise you run the risk of the 'owner' occasionally posting nonsense, [censored]-stirring or ranting, which makes the club look ridiculous, I think you know what I'm talking about.

The club need to take control. A good simple start would be to start an official Twitter account and just post the same news that they type up on their website. That would be great for signing news, supporters bus details, club shop offers, team news etc, and would take hardly any more time than what they are doing at present. They don't even have to bother with live match updates, there are countless other feeds that folk can use if they are not actually at the game. It would be a start, little or no maintenance and hardly any extra time.

Twitter is the quick fix. Surely Ranald and the back office girls can run it. Not a big time commitment.
Mind you I would rather no official Twitter account to the ICT account which is full of personal opinions which detract rather than enhance the Clubs position.
From Bottom of Highland League, to sitting at Scottish footballs top table.....If Carlsberg did Football stories!.
@JackMunro9

What would be good is if anyone interested in helping fired an email to Ranald Gilbert and ask for a meeting and see what could be put together - I totally agree Stuart, the club would need to control the content - but if they had willing helpers I think they would be grateful!

Social media is huge in today's football.

I think the club are poor on this side of things and would love for them to improve.

Of course, with no social media team, it's not hard to see why it's not great!

My biggest gripe is with such little interaction with fans, we don't really know the players. I enjoyed the feature at half-time against ICT (1-2 game) on BT Sport about our foreign players. I think more people would be inclined to throw their support behind the team if they knew the players a little better.

(05-28-2014, 04:17 PM)JailendLoyal Wrote: Social media is huge in today's football.

I think the club are poor on this side of things and would love for them to improve.

Of course, with no social media team, it's not hard to see why it's not great!

My biggest gripe is with such little interaction with fans, we don't really know the players. I enjoyed the feature at half-time against ICT (1-2 game) on BT Sport about our foreign players. I think more people would be inclined to throw their support behind the team if they knew the players a little better.

Totally agree!

I agree I run with 3 other boys the jailend page and we do get our info from the club and its also hard to keep up with other forums on Facebook and Twitter

I would love to do player interviews and features for social media along with taking photos and doing previews and match reports.

Count me in if people are putting in an idea to the club.
Staggies Disabled Supporters Club Chairman

I have heard that the Club are planning to employ a Media Officer during the Summer.

They will also ask Peter Swanson to be more involved in the IT/ Relations side of things.

If this is the case it should resolve any issues.
From Bottom of Highland League, to sitting at Scottish footballs top table.....If Carlsberg did Football stories!.
@JackMunro9

(06-02-2014, 08:35 AM)Capital_Stag Wrote: I have heard that the Club are planning to employ a Media Officer during the Summer.

They will also ask Peter Swanson to be more involved in the IT/ Relations side of things.

I don't know who Peter Swanson is, or why he's regarded as an IT guru, but these at least seem to be attempts to grasp the problem. I would certainly apply for that post were it to come up... I don't hold my breath though.

(06-02-2014, 10:27 AM)Savage Henry Wrote:
(06-02-2014, 08:35 AM)Capital_Stag Wrote: I have heard that the Club are planning to employ a Media Officer during the Summer.

I don't know who Peter Swanson is, or why he's regarded as an IT guru, but these at least seem to be attempts to grasp the problem. I would certainly apply for that post were it to come up... I don't hold my breath though.

Peter Swanson is a former Club Chairman (?) Club Director and owner of IT firm Alchemy. He is an all round good guy, but social media savvy? I think not.

(06-02-2014, 10:45 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote:
(06-02-2014, 10:27 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: I don't know who Peter Swanson is, or why he's regarded as an IT guru, but these at least seem to be attempts to grasp the problem. I would certainly apply for that post were it to come up... I don't hold my breath though.

Peter Swanson is a former Club Chairman (?) Club Director and owner of IT firm Alchemy. He is an all round good guy, but social media savvy? I think not.

That is why they are looking for a Media Officer also. He will help with the IT infrastructure. The Savvy bit from the new employee.
@JackMunro9