Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
New strips
(05-15-2014, 10:33 AM)Forfinn Wrote: Initial thoughts on the new kit release:

The home kit is too blue, not a big fan. Quite like the away top though so will probably buy that. A shame it's that way round though because I bought the home top last year and the away one this year. Was hoping for a good home kit to keep the sequence going.

I like the way the press release tells me my local JD Sports store is in Inverness. It's not; it's in the St James Centre in Edinburgh, about two minutes from my office. Inverness would be a long way for me to go.

Also, the first graphic says 'available at the club store now'. Clearly, they're not.

(please note, those last two comments are tongue-in-cheek, not really complaints).
I bought the away top in JD Sports in Glasgow last season so you might be lucky that there is a few in the Edinburgh shop.

(05-15-2014, 11:10 AM)staggy4life Wrote: I bought the away top in JD Sports in Glasgow last season so you might be lucky that there is a few in the Edinburgh shop.

I'll probably pre-order from the club but it could be worth waiting to buy it in Edinburgh just for novelty value...

like both of them to be honest. might treat myself to the new top when i'm over in august.

Really like both the new tops.

I'll even be a rebel and wear them outwith match days and out of the house!!

The home one is quite smart. Very simple. I really like the away one tough, despite preferring white away kits.

I don't like the Carbrini logo on the sleeves but it's not that noticeable.

I think I'm right in saying every time we've had a red strip we've actually done very well!

(05-15-2014, 01:04 PM)thejailender Wrote: I think I'm right in saying every time we've had a red strip we've actually done very well!

Aye, Daisy nearly scored a hat trick in one!

First impressions I really like them, nice and simple looking.

Home top: On 2nd thoughts is maybe a bit too basic, needs a flash of white.
Away top: As much as I was immediately reminded of a Man U top I think it looks top.

The Carbrini logo on the sleeves is a bit OTT.

Even though I try not to buy the top these days due to having an abundance of perfectly good one's in drawers at home I might plump for the away one or drop hints for it for my birthday.

My verdict: We'll look fabulous.

And relax... compared with the crap St Mirren have been lumbered with in their deal, we got away likely there. I quite like them. Simple is always better.

Think somebody might have gone a little overboard in the photoshopping on the advert though...

The away kit is a cracker. Not a huge fan of the home kit at the moment, might grow on me.

Away kit is brilliant
Home kit meh
County till I die

We may have taken the style and panache out of our game, but it lives on in our kits.
Disclaimer -Anything posted by this user is likely to contain large amount of sarcasm, humour and nuts. At no time should anything be taken seriously, even on serious topics. Failure to do so may result in confusion and your tongue turning black, consult a doctor if symptoms persist.

That is a beautifal away kit.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnrFZg4IQAArU5T.jpg:large

Strip looks different close up as shown in the link. Seems darker with detail on the front of white dots/spots
From Bottom of Highland League, to sitting at Scottish footballs top table.....If Carlsberg did Football stories!.
@JackMunro9

...Meh

With us all liking the red away top I hope Roy Macgregor's not doing some sort of Vincent Tan brainwash job on us.

(05-15-2014, 04:16 PM)Capital_Stag Wrote: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnrFZg4IQAArU5T.jpg:large

Strip looks different close up as shown in the link. Seems darker with detail on the front of white dots/spots

I think the away one has a narrow subtle two-tone stripe effect on it.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(05-15-2014, 04:16 PM)Capital_Stag Wrote: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BnrFZg4IQAArU5T.jpg:large

The official shot makes it look plain and dark, however is quite nice.
Looks better close up and the dots actually make it.
Like the away too. May need to raid the sheckle bank.

(05-15-2014, 06:33 PM)Deas_pie_staggie Wrote:

The official shot makes it look plain and dark, however is quite nice.
Looks better close up and the dots actually make it.
Like the away too. May need to raid the sheckle bank.

Yes quite decent. Nice. Haven't been tempted for several seasons but maybe this time I'd go for a Home top.

Not straying too much from the direction of previous seasons which is good too. I like a bit of a red top for Away, even with ManU collar connotations.

Re Photoshop - I found that picture a bit disconcerting but was comfortable again seeing our familiar cheeky wee smiling real-life Captain & lieutenant in the gear.
Malky Mackay - he's our new manager

Really like both - very understated and classy looking - hopefully they will be lucky for the team!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Like the home strip. Not to keen on the red away one, if it was worn here in Aberdeen folk might think you are a Dons fanDodgy Go back in time when we wore navy blue top with white shorts for our home kit & white top with navy blue shorts for our away kit.Smile