Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 3 Average
New strips
Having been on holiday I'm remarkably uninformed on this. Does anyone know when to expect our new strips to unveiled?

Last season we unveiled our strip on the 3rd of May, however the years before that we always unveiled mid to late June. Anyone heard anything?
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

The rumour is it will be an extension of the JD Sports deal and with Carbrini as the signature brand. CRC-Evans continuing as main shirt sponsor. Absolutely no indication of when they'll be released. Last week after the Hibs result would have been the perfect time to unveil and get pre-orders in while everyone was on a high. That didn't happen, obviously, so it's anybody's guess when we'll see them.

As long as we don't end up with something comparable to that new St. Mirren strip. Ooooft, that's ugly.

Wasn't keen on the diadora strip Sad

Do we need a new strip? 3 new strips in 3 years is a lot though all the home kits have been really smart.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

New strip every year is the standard in the top flight. This seasons strips were ok, but last seasons were better. Certainly nothing against Diadora.

It's a pity we'll be getting a new away top as the one this season was the best in a while. Didn't rate the home top much though.

Ugly indeed!

Attached File(s)
.jpg   New-St.Mirren-Kit-14-15.jpg (Size: 95.72 KB / Downloads: 54)
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

I think the right word for that strip is hideous.

Yeah. At least that St Mirren kit isn't a generic model like all the Nike and Adidas teams get....

With Cabrini/Diadora It is down to the club how the strip looks, they will make whatever we want.

Would be nice to have 3 options and let the fans pick the best one. Still could happen
From Bottom of Highland League, to sitting at Scottish footballs top table.....If Carlsberg did Football stories!.
@JackMunro9

Personally I couldnt care less what the strip is like, but maybe I'm just a grumpy old grouse.

(05-14-2014, 01:59 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Personally I couldnt care less what the strip is like, but maybe I'm just a grumpy old grouse.

Fans in general do though. Clubs wouldn't have a new home, away and sometimes alternative, every season if it wasn't such a valuable source of income. I don't know if I'll get a new top for next season, I didn't for this, but any of of us willing to invest in merchandise will not want to be seen in something as baufing as that St Mirren one.

It,s whats inside the strip that matters to me.

(05-14-2014, 07:21 PM)kenthehood Wrote: It,s whats inside the strip that matters to me.

The washing instructions?

(05-14-2014, 10:45 PM)Forfinn Wrote:
(05-14-2014, 07:21 PM)kenthehood Wrote: It,s whats inside the strip that matters to me.

The washing instructions?

30 degrees max....Don't do what one of my old team mates did the very first time we wore our new strips....boiled them at 60 degrees to give them a good clean. They came out like a 5 year olds stripBig Grin
From Bottom of Highland League, to sitting at Scottish footballs top table.....If Carlsberg did Football stories!.
@JackMunro9

Now up on the official site.

Quote:Having secured Scottish Premiership status for a 3rd year Ross County Football Club have today (Thursday 15th May) revealed the new home and away kits by Carbrini for the 2014/15 season.

The change to the Carbrini brand creates a fresh look to the traditional all blue home kit. The kit will be produced in the C-X-Tech fabric which has been created to help disperse moisture across the surface of the fabric helping to keep the body dry at all times. This will also apply to the new, all red away kit. JD Sports have plans for the Carbrini brand going forward whereby it will become even more visible within football. There will also be a new range of training and matchday wear to compliment the new kits.

JD Sports Head of Football, Guy Walker commented; “Now the club has secured its top flight status for next season we are excited to be able to share the new look home and away designs with the fans. JD is delighted to continue to support Derek Adams and the team into the 2014/15 season.”

Ross County General Manager, Ranald Gilbert, added: “We’ve established a fantastic working relationship with JD Sports over the last two seasons so I am delighted that we are taking that into a new and exciting era with the switch to Carbrini. It’s an essential for us that our kits meet the high standards expected by both players and fans in terms of design and quality, and JD and Carbrini have certainly delivered on both of these for the 2014/15 season. ”

Fans will be able to pre-order the new kits from 12:00 on Thursday the 15th of May both in person at the Club Shop and through the online store on the Club website. With delivery scheduled for the start of June, pre-ordered shirts will be despatched during the first week of June, with over the counter sales commencing from Monday the 9th of June.

To see more of JD Sports’ Carbrini product along with other top brands from the King Of Trainers visit jdsports.co.uk or your local JD store (Inverness).

[Image: 2014-15_kit_launch__landscape_web_.jpg]

[Image: both_standing__web_.jpg]

Like the home top.
Away top nice too but reminds me of ManU?

Initial thoughts on the new kit release:

The home kit is too blue, not a big fan. Quite like the away top though so will probably buy that. A shame it's that way round though because I bought the home top last year and the away one this year. Was hoping for a good home kit to keep the sequence going.

I like the way the press release tells me my local JD Sports store is in Inverness. It's not; it's in the St James Centre in Edinburgh, about two minutes from my office. Inverness would be a long way for me to go.

Also, the first graphic says 'available at the club store now'. Clearly, they're not.

(please note, those last two comments are tongue-in-cheek, not really complaints).

Home top looks really nice. Get white shorts to go with it and it would be one of the best in a few years.

Still not a fan of the red away top though which we appear to be dipping in and out of. Looks like a Nottingham Forest kit with the 'badge' on the sleeve.