Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
Pre-season friendlies
Away to Elgin on July 19th, according to @staggiearchive who are in the know.

A Journo told me on Tuesday that we wont be going back to Holland this summer, anyone else heard anything?

(05-09-2014, 08:41 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: A Journo told me on Tuesday that we wont be going back to Holland this summer, anyone else heard anything?
Yeah defo not Holland. Sure he said at the first game of the season against Celtic that it was too hot this year. Maybe a UK or Ireland tour?

(05-09-2014, 03:37 PM)staggy4life Wrote:
(05-09-2014, 08:41 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: A Journo told me on Tuesday that we wont be going back to Holland this summer, anyone else heard anything?
Yeah defo not Holland. Sure he said at the first game of the season against Celtic that it was too hot this year. Maybe a UK or Ireland tour?

Ireland tour would suit me, considering I will be working over there!

Any Irish staggies on here?

As long as we get a decent few (challenging) fixtures. We really should stay away from a Highland League tour this year.

Are we due a friendly against Liverpool ? Was it part of the cooper and gms deal ?
County till I die

We should be looking to the championship to test the players, teams like Raith and Falkirk would provide good opposition.

http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/...irmed.aspx

Wick Academy Vs Ross County, Saturday 12th July (15:00)

Rothes Vs Ross County, Tuesday 15th July (19:30)

Elgin City Vs Ross County, Saturday 19th July (15:00)

Clachnacuddin Vs Ross County, Tuesday 22nd July (19:30)

Nairn County Vs Ross County, Saturday 26th July (15:00)

FC Twente XI Vs Ross County, Friday 1st August (TBC)

Glad it's Holland again as I'll be offshore and can't make it.

If it was somewhere else I'd have been gutted!

Not that keen on that, Wish we had one or two harder games in Scotland.

Seems we are going down the same route as last years poor pre season
From Bottom of Highland League, to sitting at Scottish footballs top table.....If Carlsberg did Football stories!.
@JackMunro9

Last year we had 11 so I would reckon more maybe still to come !
County till I die

FYI, folks- Twente play in the city of Enschede, a couple of hours from Amsterdam

Could yet be more friendlies added to that list- IIRC we sent U20 teams to HL games last year and played stronger teams with the 1st XI, often on the same day (would certainly hope we'll get a stronger team for the 1st XI to play on the 15th, as Rothes won't give our 1st XI much of a game)
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

Quite fancy a weekend in Amsterdam, dates are ok for me unlike last year.
Will wait until that game is confirmed though before booking flights. Presumably there are good train connections with Enschede.

Wick away sounded like a good train trip, but alas its not possible, last train south leaves 4pm.

(05-26-2014, 11:27 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: http://www.rosscountyfootballclub.co.uk/...irmed.aspx

Wick Academy Vs Ross County, Saturday 12th July (15:00)

Rothes Vs Ross County, Tuesday 15th July (19:30)

Elgin City Vs Ross County, Saturday 19th July (15:00)

Clachnacuddin Vs Ross County, Tuesday 22nd July (19:30)

Nairn County Vs Ross County, Saturday 26th July (15:00)

FC Twente XI Vs Ross County, Friday 1st August (TBC)

looking at the last game I am believing County will be in Holland and this year will not be able to make it!!

(05-26-2014, 01:06 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Quite fancy a weekend in Amsterdam, dates are ok for me unlike last year.
Will wait until that game is confirmed though before booking flights. Presumably there are good train connections with Enschede.

Wick away sounded like a good train trip, but alas its not possible, last train south leaves 4pm.

Went to the Wick game last year and it was the Under 20s that played (played same day as the Man Utd game), but was a good game regardless

Hmm no friendly arranged against the Highland League champions Brora Rangers. I would have thought with the ties between these clubs it would be first on the list.

Anybody heard anything???

Also, Championship/League 1 teams up here are going to want home friendlies against teams that'll boost their coffers with a big travelling support (e.g. Dundee playing Hearts, Dunfermline will probably play 1 or both of the Edinburgh clubs, Partick are playing Dumbarton, Clyde etc IIRC)
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

Question 
(05-26-2014, 12:30 PM)Farr staggie Wrote: Last year we had 11 so I would reckon more maybe still to come !

but when is the new season starting? Presumably Saturday 9th rather than 2nd August?
Usual Belladrum clash ensured.
Malky Mackay - he's our new manager

Yes the season starts on weekend of 9th.

Anyone know when next season fixture list is out?

(05-26-2014, 09:21 PM)Hyndlandstaggie Wrote: Anyone know when next season fixture list is out?

Wennesday 18th June Hyndlandstaggie.