Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 19 Votes - 1.79 Average
New signings, re-signings, and confirmed departures
Big kenny vdv has left the club to return to Holland, always liked him and great guy off the park, wishing you all the best big kenny and thanks for the memories.

Probably told his chances would be limited if we're favouring Kelly (who is a better technical footballer) at left back.

All the best to him.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

I think Kenny's chances would have been limited this season and with his partner being pregnant and probably wanting to be closer to her family, he'll want to be with her - wishing him all the best for the future.
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Wish kenny all the best , of day we need another left back now as playing players out of position is no use if kelly was to get injured

(08-16-2019, 12:16 PM)westhillstaggie Wrote: Big kenny vdv has left the club to return to Holland.

And this time he means it!

Kenny and County have had more "on again-off again" action than Ross and Rachel
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013

(08-16-2019, 03:29 PM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: Wish kenny all the best , of day we need another left back now as playing players out of position is no use if kelly was to get injured
Could still do with cover for both full-back positions - maybe even a genuinely two-footed full-back who is comfortable playing on either side..??

(08-16-2019, 10:11 PM)Fozzie Wrote: Could still do with cover for both full-back positions - maybe even a genuinely two-footed full-back who is comfortable playing on either side..??

Quite rare but definitely if we can find one , we aren’t bad on the right with Fraser and Watson , I also suppose chalmers may be left back cover , I wonder what Graham Carey is upto these days!

(08-17-2019, 01:59 AM)Monthestaggies98 Wrote: Quite rare but definitely if we can find one , we aren’t bad on the right with Fraser and Watson , I also suppose chalmers may be left back cover , I wonder what Graham Carey is upto these days!

I’m pretty sure he’s in Bulgaria playing for Leveski Sofia or CSKA Sofia along side Tony Watt

Good luck to Kenny. An under-appreciated player in my view. I felt that people mistook his size for lack of technical ability.
Malky Mackay - he's our new manager

(08-17-2019, 11:04 AM)Ullapool Staggie Wrote: I’m pretty sure he’s in Bulgaria playing for Leveski Sofia or CSKA Sofia along side Tony Watt

Signed a two year deal in June with them.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

I’ll miss Ken Boi beasting the opposition but I understand his reasons for leaving. Best of luck to you, lad.

Richard Foster return confirmed, until the end of the season.

Solid signing.

What a grimly unimaginative, yet predictable signing. Proof, as if it were needed, that the club's "scouting department" consists of nothing more than a box of old programmes in a broom cupboard

Leaving 1 club after a managerial fallout is perhaps understandable, but when it happens again you'd like to think that would raise some sort of red flag (not to mention he's 34 now, and it's not like we're short of Premiership experience at the back). And you'll never guess who St Johnstone are said to be pursuing for their newly-vacant right back slot
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

(08-29-2019, 10:36 AM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: What a grimly unimaginative, yet predictable signing. Proof, as if it were needed, that the club's "scouting department" consists of nothing more than a box of old programmes in a broom cupboard

Leaving 1 club after a managerial fallout is perhaps understandable, but when it happens again you'd like to think that would raise some sort of red flag (not to mention he's 34 now, and it's not like we're short of Premiership experience at the back). And you'll never guess who St Johnstone are said to be pursuing for their newly-vacant right back slot

Who???

The managerial fallout that happened last time he was here was down to fact he, and a few others, backed the actions of a player who put his family above his career. Which a certain tactical tombola loving manager didn't like so he shipped all players involved out of the club asap

(08-29-2019, 10:36 AM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: What a grimly unimaginative, yet predictable signing. Proof, as if it were needed, that the club's "scouting department" consists of nothing more than a box of old programmes in a broom cupboard

Quite, this has been said for a long period of time now. Desperately need someone like George Adams who had a wealth of contacts to be involved with the club.

(08-29-2019, 10:51 AM)mike_lowrie Wrote: Who???

The managerial fallout that happened last time he was here was down to fact he, and a few others, backed the actions of a player who put his family above his career. Which a certain tactical tombola loving manager didn't like so he shipped all players involved out of the club asap

Put it this way- the player St Johnstone are chasing is someone I think we'd all consider to be an upgrade on Foster

My gripe with this signing (and don't necessarily assume I was referring to his initial departure from us when talking about managerial fallouts) is that do we really think there was a detailed, holistic process applied into signing the best available full back we could find? Or did we just take Foster because we still had his mobile number? It reeks of short-termism

(08-29-2019, 12:27 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: Put it this way- the player St Johnstone are chasing is someone I think we'd all consider to be an upgrade on Foster

Peterborough will want money for a guy under contract, so unless they offer a loan deal? But yes, I'd have Naismith over Foster in a heartbeat.
She never meant to call,
She did anyway

(08-29-2019, 12:27 PM)VanderDalgarno Wrote: Put it this way- the player St Johnstone are chasing is someone I think we'd all consider to be an upgrade on Foster

My gripe with this signing (and don't necessarily assume I was referring to his initial departure from us when talking about managerial fallouts) is that do we really think there was a detailed, holistic process applied into signing the best available full back we could find? Or did we just take Foster because we still had his mobile number? It reeks of short-termism

Imo Foster is an upgrade on what we have for (arguably) two positions, if he and everyone else in the squad were fit, i'd expect Ricky Foster to be in our starting XI.
That alone justifies his signing, regardless of age, young or old, if your fit and good enough to play, then you should play.

Your point on recruitment is valid, I must admit i thought the same when we signed Scott Boyd up recently, is he the best person for that role, or are we employing him because he's a former player and a nice guy, I hope it's the former not the latter.

Imo foster will be our starting left back and is a better squad player than kvdw

(08-29-2019, 11:00 AM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: Quite, this has been said for a long period of time now. Desperately need someone like George Adams who had a wealth of contacts to be involved with the club.

Lol, like a rake of duds from Holland every January!

I will take Ricky Foster, hes a solid player. Its not often you get a shocker from him, although his temperament can be an issue..