Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 11 Votes - 1.91 Average
New signings, re-signings, and confirmed departures
(, 08:41 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: He’s a class above the other centre backs we have - not just in the air, but in terms of playing the ball out from the back. Not a fan of lumping it 70 yards purely because that’s what they did in the Highland league. Bit of quality needed at centre back yet, I reckon.

In my opinion Davies cost us goals good in the air but honking on deck,especially after climbing to clear a ball by the time he got back down and steadied himself two or three moves went by him yes he cost us games ,and nobody can tell if he is better than what we have now not seeing them in competition ( on thePark ) We watched training last week I’m happy with where we are Positive this year cmon tge staggies

Buff can you please be specific regarding the games where you allege Davies cost us goals - give details of play who was involved and goalscorers etc.

(, 04:16 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote: In my opinion Davies cost us goals good in the air but honking on deck,especially after climbing to clear a ball by the time he got back down and steadied himself two or three moves went by him yes he cost us games ,and nobody can tell if he is better than what we have now not seeing them in competition ( on thePark ) We watched training last week I’m happy with where we are Positive this year cmon tge staggies

I think we’ve seen enough of Fraser and Fontaine, and probably Callum Morris (he’s been around for yonks) to say they aren’t improvements on a fit Davies. Is he likely to play enough at full fitness to merit a squad place? That’s a value judgement.

This squad is weaker than last year’s. But the opponents are much weaker too. A winger would make me a lot more confident. As would Davies/a ball playing centre back.

(, 06:25 PM)Brown Savoy Wrote: Buff can you please be specific regarding the games where you allege Davies cost us goals - give details of play who was involved and goalscorers etc.
Partick last Christmas for one. Also, I'd love to know how many times we had to sub him off injured last season.

Yes when fit he was one of the best CB's in Scotland but he is now 33, and very much injury prone. We can't be paying someone the amount of money he is on when he wont be fit for about half the season

Could be worse, we could be interested in Andy Dowie again. Davies is definitely away, so no point crying over spilt milk.
Quote:God bless the Stag Men and Children.

(, 07:34 PM)Despot Wrote: Could be worse, we could be interested in Andy Dowie again. Davies is definitely away, so no point crying over spilt milk.
well if its true and Davies is away best of luck to him great player when he arrived unfortunately age and injury seem to have taken there toll last season he truly was the anchor of our defence when he played he anchored the whole defence firmly in our own penalty area thus creating great big holes in the midfield where they should have been
looking forward to new season when I expect we will see a much more attack minded side

If we are going to name and shame then Scott Fox deserves a mention for his fancy footwork against Alfredo Morelos.

(, 06:25 PM)Brown Savoy Wrote: Buff can you please be specific regarding the games where you allege Davies cost us goals - give details of play who was involved and goalscorers etc.

Actuallywe did better when he was out last season Fontain is very good player
Why not give our managers and new players the courtesy of watching them in open play , all pre judging County , I’m positive we will go right back up ,even with D United spend spend , cmon County ,

Patrick Aberdeen Kilmarnock Celtic st jounstone Hearts Hamilton

()Brown Savoy Wrote: If we are going to name and shame then Scott Fox deserves a mention for his fancy footwork against Alfredo Morelos.
Is that you, Andrew?

(, 06:30 PM)Savage Henry Wrote: I think we’ve seen enough of Fraser and Fontaine, and probably Callum Morris (he’s been around for yonks) to say they aren’t improvements on a fit Davies. Is he likely to play enough at full fitness to merit a squad place? That’s a value judgement.

This squad is weaker than last year’s. But the opponents are much weaker too. A winger would make me a lot more confident. As would Davies/a ball playing centre back.

Having watched the squad train yesterday I would say we don't need another winger as that is Mullin's primary position and lets put it this way the guy is a machine and left everyone in his wake while they were doing their sprints etc yesterday.

Training was chalk and cheese to last year, squad seems a lot more up for things this year compared to last year. So disagree that squad is weaker than last season. As squad last season looked unfit and in some cases not bothered in the training I saw. But this year they seem more up for things and were very much fitter

On an aside 2 more signings (striker and full back) yet to be announced. Would expect that one of these signings will be announced in next 24 to 48hrs.

First saw Liam Fontaine about six years ago when he was with Bristol City - to be fair he was reasonably quick in those days compared to now - that ankle injury in the latter part of 2017 seems to have restricted him. Partnering him in defence that night was Ricky Foster also in the City team was Stephen Pearson ex Motherwell, Yannick Bolasie, Chris Wood, Jon Stead and Albert Adomah. Manager of City was Derek McInnes who had Jim McIntyre as one of his assistants - despite some decent players McInnes and McIntyre had no idea how to set up a Championship side.