Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 19 Votes - 1.79 Average
New signings, re-signings, and confirmed departures
Great news to hear Woods is back.
Do we think anyone will be leaving? Quinn or Murdoch maybe.
Any word on a striker or another keeper?

Happy that Woods is back.

We've missed his experience, creativity and leadership in centre midfield.

5 centre midfielders is probably one too many, it'll be interesting to see if one leaves. Murdoch is the obvious candidate.

Great to see Woods back. He's got far more presence about him than some of the other midfielders we currently have. I'm glad JM has strengthened the midfield as it was the only area we were short on players with proven ability at this level. I'm now even more optimistic that we will do very well this season.

I'd expect JM has another goalie lined up, otherwise I doubt he would have agreed to terminate the loan deal.

I don't see why a midfielder has to leave:

Quinn can cover all three areas of midfield (right, left, centre). Murdoch offers cover for Irvine, and Woods for McShane (or vice-versa). 

So:

Fox
Fraser Robertson Davies Reckord
Gardyne Irvine Woods De Vita
Curran Boyce

vs

n/a
Foster Boyd n/a Holden
Quinn Murdoch McShane Franks
Dingwall Graham

A back-up goalkeeper is all that is required. That would bring the squad up to 21 players.

Glad to see him back, as I feel he offers something a little different to the others.

Surprised he came back so quickly, to be honest.

Mmmmmm for me the jury is out on Woods as he did come on to a game towards the end of the season but his distribution from set pieces was not the best so I will judge this one at the end of the season as when he is good he can act as a goal threat but in some games had the look of Jimmy Scott running around with no final ball or end product. I suspect now that we migh now not go for a striker in the Window as with signing woods if we were to be short of a striker through injury or suspension we have enough cover in middle of the park now to push Midge up front. I think the focus will be on a 2nd choice keeper but we can still sign on a emergency loan out with the Window so if we cannot get a permanent keeper signed then they still can get someone in out with if required.

Hmmmm, Craig Samson is a free agent the noo...... just sayin.............
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

Has Mark Ridgers signed for anyone?
Supporter Liaison Officer 

5 or 6 games in and people are calling for Murdoch to be axed. Really? Absolute dross.

Great news about Woods signing. Shaping up to be an exciting season already!!

(08-31-2015, 08:34 PM)ELincognito Wrote: 5 or 6 games in and people are calling for Murdoch to be axed. Really? Absolute dross.

Great news about Woods signing. Shaping up to be an exciting season already!!

Agreed, whilst I haven't seen much from Murdoch he needs a fair crack of the whip to show his skills. I'm not overly impressed with McShane either BUT I've seen a few touches that give me hope and with big Jim giving him 3 years to play up here he's clearly got something he hasn't produced yet.

Quite pleased Woods is back, hope he found a second foot to kick the ball with when he was away...... he'll do well.
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

(lights blue touch paper and stands well back...)

Craig Samson would be a valuable answer to our goalie gap.
Malky Mackay - he's our new manager

(09-01-2015, 12:41 PM)Les Westander Wrote: (lights blue touch paper and stands well back...)

Craig Samson would be a valuable answer to our goalie gap.

While most would disagree, I think he would be a decent back-up GK!

More likely we will pick up one from ManU. They seem to have a surplus at the moment.

Word is that we are trying to sign a keeper before the deadline tonight! Watch this space!

(09-01-2015, 08:17 PM)CulbokieCounty Wrote: Word is that we are trying to sign a keeper before the deadline tonight! Watch this space!
I'd have thought it'd be Craig Samson on a one year deal.  Which would guarantee Foxxx his starting place for the rest of the season.

The other obvious one would be Ridgers, with Roy buying St Mirren a mini-bus or something..

I was hearing that it was between Ridgers and the ex Rangers & QOTS keeper Robinson. According to Samson himself he left Killie to get first team football but I have just received a message off someone saying that it could indeed be Samson! Please lord no not be Samson! 2nd worst keeper to pull on a County Jersey behind Colin Stewart!

(09-01-2015, 09:06 PM)CulbokieCounty Wrote: I was hearing that it was between Ridgers and the ex Rangers & QOTS keeper Robinson.  According to Samson himself he left Killie to get first team football but I have just received a message off someone saying that it could indeed be Samson! Please lord no not be Samson! 2nd worst keeper to pull on a County Jersey behind Colin Stewart!

You have obviously forgotten about Creer!

(09-01-2015, 09:06 PM)CulbokieCounty Wrote: I was hearing that it was between Ridgers and the ex Rangers & QOTS keeper Robinson.  According to Samson himself he left Killie to get first team football but I have just received a message off someone saying that it could indeed be Samson! Please lord no not be Samson! 2nd worst keeper to pull on a County Jersey behind Colin Stewart!

Why do we need a keeper when we have Fox & Bachmann? Have I missed something?

(09-01-2015, 09:38 PM)Balnakyle Wrote: Why do we need a keeper when we have Fox & Bachmann? Have I missed something?

Bachmann has gone back to Stoke
Supporter Liaison Officer