Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 19 Votes - 1.79 Average
New signings, re-signings, and confirmed departures
From Twitter

Quote:Brian McLean ‏@bmac__6 2m

Decided not to take up my option of another yr @TheStaggies would like 2thank the fans 4there support&wish the club all the best 4the future
Disclaimer -Anything posted by this user is likely to contain large amount of sarcasm, humour and nuts. At no time should anything be taken seriously, even on serious topics. Failure to do so may result in confusion and your tongue turning black, consult a doctor if symptoms persist.

He was frankly not good enough. Far too many mistakes. Dropping Boyd instead of him was a huge mistake which Del eventually rectified.

Also, he makes the their/there confusion mistake too much for my liking.

Wish him well. Seems like a good guy but I wasn't terribly impressed.

Repost

I did not rate McLean I was glad that Del saw sence to drop him for Boyd I would like to make a point Carey is still a County player intill it has come out that he has joind a new club or when his contract runs out and that is on the 30th June

He turns down the option of another year. Del will be happy he has said no to be honest.

We need 2 central defenders now, which is no bad thing.
From Bottom of Highland League, to sitting at Scottish footballs top table.....If Carlsberg did Football stories!.
@JackMunro9

(06-22-2014, 10:14 AM)Capital_Stag Wrote: He turns down the option of another year. Del will be happy he has said no to be honest.

We need 2 central defenders now, which is no bad thing.
Song'o Smile

(06-22-2014, 10:14 AM)Capital_Stag Wrote: He turns down the option of another year. Del will be happy he has said no to be honest.

Probably not that sort of option.

Any one else noticed that Caley had made a Marquee signing, or is it the new office for Yogi and Booboo

(06-21-2014, 04:14 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: He was frankly not good enough. Far too many mistakes. Dropping Boyd instead of him was a huge mistake which Del eventually rectified.

Always said he was not OUR class ,but hope he gets a club that suits him----------_

(05-11-2014, 03:25 PM)staggy4life Wrote: It's a little misleading I think, Tony Dingwall is the only one who's got a first team contract. The other 3 are still young enough to play U20's.

I imagine the first team players will find out on Monday or this week about who's staying or going.

Ross MacKillop is not an under 20 this season, born 1994!

https://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/foot...ntentstory

Ben Gordon not staying after all.

Quick someone get the Greek phone book out
No sacrifice no victory 

Club premature with the announcement then. Surely better to wait until contracts are actually signed.
Has Boyd signed his yet??

FFS???? Embarrassing !!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Surprised and disappointed. Looks like some hard lessons to be learned on the paperwork front (hence my surprise).

Disappointed to lose a decent player who, with increasing confidence looked to be coming on nicely.

Better to have players that are committed to the club, though, and to have done what he has, B.G plainly wasn't.

Made some decent looking signings so far...... Keep the faith!

The big greek was not as good last season, but I would have him back, especially with Carey gone now. If he got his fitness back, with no Carey, Oikinonononmou would have the freedom to run a bit further up the park, which made him so succesful in his first spell. I felt a bit sorry for Evangelos at times as Carey did give him a hard time.

Failing that, I think the attacking 1-5-4 formation will serve us well next season, with Boyd at back who else do we really need?
"the beach balls are burst" Derek Adams 19/05/13

(06-28-2014, 01:13 AM)dingwall.cof Wrote: The big greek was not as good last season, but I would have him back, especially with Carey gone now. If he got his fitness back, with no Carey, Oikinonononmou would have the freedom to run a bit further up the park, which made him so succesful in his first spell. I felt a bit sorry for Evangelos at times as Carey did give him a hard time.

Failing that, I think the attacking 1-5-4 formation will serve us well next season, with Boyd at back who else do we really need?

The future of football, sign me up.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

The only thing the club is guilty of is taking a player at his word! Gordon & his agent are to blame for this mess as if a player and his agent sign paperwork to confirm they are happy with offer made and then say that they will sign contract on return to pre season training because they are down South then you think that is enough commitment but clearly Gordon's word counts for nothing! Club showed faith & trust in a player and he & agent shafted the club! Just watch next week as the new defence will be signed & sealed! Watch this space!

(06-27-2014, 06:42 PM)Ross shire buff Wrote:
(06-21-2014, 04:14 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: He was frankly not good enough. Far too many mistakes. Dropping Boyd instead of him was a huge mistake which Del eventually rectified.

Always said he was not OUR class ,but hope he gets a club that suits him----------_

Although i think you are correct in what you say Stuart (Boyd is the better defender), at the time when Boyd was dropped, i felt it was the correct thing to do as he wasn't playing well. Simply just off form for whatever reason but dropping Boyd and playing McLean at that time was the right thing to do.

Sometimes letting players know that they have a challenge and if they don't raise their game they'll be dropped is a good thing, imo Boyd is one who needs this so competition within the central defensive roles is very important to get the best out of Boyd.

It's all a bit two steps forward, three back just now. Pretty satisfied with those coming in thus far, there will have to be a fair few more signing on though.

Ben Gordon was dreadful at the start of last season although he did better when he got back in towards the end.

What with Carey going as well there will be a real new look around the team come August.

I read recently on this forum that there were a few waiting in the wings to be announced, hopefully this coming week then to give us some reassurances that we'll have enough bods to move forward!
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!