Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Scores From Elsewhere
In the current circumstances, that was almost as good as if we'd won yesterday. Task is straightforward now. Beat Hibs and we're safe.

I'd be lying if I saw that coming. Quite literally a game changer.

Yes but we still need to go out and beat Hibs - will not be easy and we will have to be well up for the fight as they clearly are with the way they peppered the Partick goal, only goalkeeper kept Partick in it!

We need a massive loud crowd at the GES tomorrow night shouting the boys to three points!!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(05-04-2014, 04:52 PM)Brora Boy Wrote: In the current circumstances, that was almost as good as if we'd won yesterday. Task is straightforward now. Beat Hibs and we're safe.

Don't either Killie or Partick have to get beat to make us safe?

If Ross County beat Hibs then:

Ross County will have 37 points.
Hibs will be able to get a maximum of 38 points.
Kilmarnock play Hibs on the last day of the season, meaning that Kilmarnock can only get 36 points if Hibs get 38 points.

(05-05-2014, 12:14 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: If Ross County beat Hibs then:

Ross County will have 37 points.
Hibs will be able to get a maximum of 38 points.
Kilmarnock play Hibs on the last day of the season, meaning that Kilmarnock can only get 36 points if Hibs get 38 points.

Ok glass half full now So beat Hibs and wipe the brow then !!!

Problem is that St Mirren are safe and will probably relax against Kilmarnock on Wed...so it's vital we win tomorrow night or it's the play-offs!

For the Hibs game.
If we win, we are safe.
A draw means it is still in our own hands and a win on Saturday would guarantee our safety.
If we lose we need to rely on other results going our way on Wednesday and Saturday, even if we beat Partick on Saturday.

(05-05-2014, 01:43 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Problem is that St Mirren are safe and will probably relax against Kilmarnock on Wed...so it's vital we win tomorrow night or it's the play-offs!

A team playing free of tension tends to be a good thing. Look at Hearts.

(05-05-2014, 05:43 PM)Savage Henry Wrote:
(05-05-2014, 01:43 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Problem is that St Mirren are safe and will probably relax against Kilmarnock on Wed...so it's vital we win tomorrow night or it's the play-offs!

A team not bothered about two trips to the northern outpost of Scottish football I wouldn't want to be relying on St Mirren to keep us up.

Is there any rules in Scotland for deliberately fielding a weakened team.
Gudgie67 aka Gadgie67

St Mirren want to finish seventh

(05-05-2014, 05:43 PM)Savage Henry Wrote:

That is a good point!

Don't expect any favours from anyone, we need to do this ourselves. The majority of other clubs, fans, journalists etc would prefer it was us that went down.

(05-06-2014, 08:27 AM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Don't expect any favours from anyone, we need to do this ourselves. The majority of other clubs, fans, journalists etc would prefer it was us that went down.

I agree 100% - we need to go out and show that we still ant to be in this league and it's up to the players to show the fans who have stuck with them this season that we were right to do so!

We need to be a lot better than we were on Saturday!

Well now. This thread now seems superfluous. But we could find ourselves as the bad boys depending on who needs what at the weekend.

I quite like Partick. It wouldn't upset me hugely, now we're safe, if we did them a wee favour at the weekend should they still need one.

Yeah. Considering that they've pretty much over performed this year, it wouldn't be a bad thing to have them stay up as they regress to the mean. And it's one of the better days out, in addition. Nothing against Kilmarnock, but I think I want them to go down and the Championship side to come up.

Killie have been shocking, if it wasnt for Kris Boyd they would have been challenging Hearts for bottom spot.

(05-07-2014, 09:14 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Killie have been shocking, if it wasnt for Kris Boyd they would have been challenging Hearts for bottom spot.

Took 7 points of us though.
Gudgie67 aka Gadgie67

(05-07-2014, 04:27 PM)gudgie67 Wrote:
(05-07-2014, 09:14 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Killie have been shocking, if it wasnt for Kris Boyd they would have been challenging Hearts for bottom spot.

Took 7 points of us though.

Yip. And who scored 4 goals? Seldom do you see such a one man team. (not withstanding St Johnstone of course)