Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Salute To The Highland League
Just posting to highlight the hard work done by those who obviously don't care about glory but just want agood community team.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

I think the comment was in reference to the Pro-Rangers guff in the post prior to yours.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(01-23-2014, 12:08 AM)staggie34 Wrote: Just posting to highlight the hard work done by those who obviously don't care about glory but just want agood community team.

Just to say did it all part of committee directly responsible for taking wee village team to two highland cup finals.
In charge of wee village youth club for 5years while working ten hour shifts,also won 5 a side tourney with under fifteens ,took youth club team to scottish championships in Perth,after wining north of Scotland cup
The village was Conon the youth club was Conon,
I just saying this to show that I was not knocking you,but I am annoyed that ross county lost out on getting rangers cash big gates.
I know all about not glory hunting,but reality is cash money people crowds,that is what generates more money,to be spent.whether we like it or not that's life.and I agree with you it is hard work,been there got the tee shirt,I appreciate your post
It cost me a lot of my own money back then.

Yes and the media may one day realise that football depends on work done by people like yourself rather than an arabs billions. Keep the faith!!!!
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

(01-23-2014, 10:32 AM)Ross shire buff Wrote:
(01-23-2014, 12:08 AM)staggie34 Wrote: Just posting to highlight the hard work done by those who obviously don't care about glory but just want agood community team.

Just to say did it all part of committee directly responsible for taking wee village team to two highland cup finals.
In charge of wee village youth club for 5years while working ten hour shifts,also won 5 a side tourney with under fifteens ,took youth club team to scottish championships in Perth,after wining north of Scotland cup
The village was Conon the youth club was Conon,
I just saying this to show that I was not knocking you,but I am annoyed that ross county lost out on getting rangers cash big gates.
I know all about not glory hunting,but reality is cash money people crowds,that is what generates more money,to be spent.whether we like it or not that's life.and I agree with you it is hard work,been there got the tee shirt,I appreciate your post
It cost me a lot of my own money back then.

Long live the Highland League.
18 teams strong.
Not 10 in 2 leagues.
I will pick and choose my games to go and watch.
However, if they were to change it, 2 leagues of 10, I just feel it would become boring (and obviously regionalised).
Scenario:
Question: Oh! Who are Brora playing today? Clach?
Did they not play them a few weeks back?
Aye, but it’s time again.
Ach, I’ll give it a miss.
Result: lost a neutral wandering supporter (ok, allegiances to Brora)

I agree. The Highland League made the right choice. Larger leagues where teams play each other only twice are the ideal.

The likes of Celtic and Aberdeen coming to Dingwall together with the local derby with ICT is great but would be more special and more of an occasion if they only happened once at home and once away with a bit more freshness and variety playing the likes of Dundee and Falkirk as well.

Lat season when we played ICT six times took a lot of the edge and novelty of the derby away for me.

With today's entertaining victory over Formartine, Brora Rangers, and their substantial ex County contingent, are potentially one win away from clinching the title.

I know a good deal of cash has been spent but good to see these old stalwarts picking up some silverware.

Pleased also to see the Highland League title holders in the Highlands rather than Aberdeenshire or Moray.

Well done to Brora for wrapping up the title convincingly and in some style.