Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Queens Park - OMFG It's the big one nobody's talking about
(07-31-2011, 11:15 PM)Alness Staggie Wrote: Fitzpatrick played left back.
That was debatable, at least in the first half. And whilst he may have been better in the second half his crosses were largely disappointing.

(08-01-2011, 12:28 PM)Wicky Wrote:
That was debatable, at least in the first half. And whilst he may have been better in the second half his crosses were largely disappointing.

Because in the second half, he was playing essentially as an auxiliary midfielder. QP's number 2 was supposed to be pushing on, but he couldn't trap a ball for toffee, so Fitzpatrick could just leave him and play on Brittain's inside shoulder most of time.

Fitzpatrick crossing was better than Morrison's the week before who insists in crossing the ball from far to far back and he usually chips in it which always favours the centre half.

If we must use the fullbacks for width they really need to get higher up the pitch and drive the crosses in more.
Gudgie67 aka Gadgie67

Lets put it this way. "We can only get better." Surely?

(08-01-2011, 06:13 PM)IDW16 Wrote: Lets put it this way. "We can only get better." Surely?

and I still Heart Steven Craig Blush.
Malky Mackay - he's our new manager

(08-01-2011, 06:57 PM)Les Westander Wrote:
(08-01-2011, 06:13 PM)IDW16 Wrote: Lets put it this way. "We can only get better." Surely?

and I still Heart Steven Craig Blush.

I guess someone has to... Huh

(08-01-2011, 01:20 PM)Savage Henry Wrote:
(08-01-2011, 12:28 PM)Wicky Wrote:

Because in the second half, he was playing essentially as an auxiliary midfielder. QP's number 2 was supposed to be pushing on, but he couldn't trap a ball for toffee, so Fitzpatrick could just leave him and play on Brittain's inside shoulder most of time.

He was also able to get forward as Corcoran, rather than doing his normal run at a man then see the opposition player dribble away comfortably in possession, held the ball up and looked for channels.

My biggest concern on Saturday was how reliant on Brittain we were, especially in the 1st half, to get the ball near the box. I'm not so sure how we'd have done in the 2nd half without the man adantage. I do think the QP defender gave the referee no option with such a blatant, desperate foul at being beaten in a one on one.

A win's a win and all that though.

Highlights are up (08.30)

http://www.scottishfootballleague.com/sfltv/league-cup/