Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Queens Park - OMFG It's the big one nobody's talking about
Wonder what the starting XI against Morton will be then?

Fraser

Fitz/Morrison - Flynn - Munro - Boyd/Miller

Coco/Vigurs - Ketts/Lawson - Duncan/Lawson - Brittain

Craig/Byrne/Midge - McMenamin

Obviously it won't be a 4-4-2 but on iPod and it's easier. At least we have a variety of options anyway.

Is your iPod back to front or is this a mirror app?

Yeh, it was late(ish) leave me alone. Sad

Bug 
There is a truncated analysis on my blog here.

That was a struggle. As has been said, harsh red card I thought, and Miller was lucky not to walk. Would have liked Byrne on much earlier, and for Craig not McMenamin.
Ketts did well I thought, Duncan seemed a bit lost, but it will take time I suppose.

No idea how we will line up next week.
DA not happy:

Ross County 2 Queen's Park 1

Jul 31 2011Sunday Mail

RAGING Ross County boss Derek Adams blasted his sloppy stars after they struggled to overcome the Third Division side.

The Stags were slow out the traps and after five minutes found themselves a goal behind - Michael Daly opening the scoring for Queen's.

It took the dismissal of Spiders' Darryll Meggatt before the break to boost County's chances.

And Colin McMenamin and Jonathan Flynn scored the goals to fire them into the second round.

Adams was far from happy and said: "Our performance was good enough but there is a lot of work to be done.

"We never reached the standards I have come to expect. We have to work on a lot of things.

"We made changes today - last week wasn't good enough. This week it still wasn't good enough. We should be doing better.

"We haven't got into third gear yet, never mind fourth and fifth. We've got a lot of learning and gelling to do as a squad and that will take time.

"We are nowhere near being top of our game."

County were labouring after Daly's opener but that all changed after Meggatt's red card three minutes before the break for a foul on Mark Corcoran.

McMenamin levelled in 57 minutes by bundling home before Flynn pounced with a header 15 minutes from time.

Queen's boss Gardner Spiers said: "It was a fairly even game in the first half until the sending off - that changed everything.

"Up until then we were reasonable value for our lead. It was hard after the break with 10 men - we had to defend by the skin of our teeth at time.

"We had a couple of breakaways in the second half but we didn't take the our chances. "

Think Derek Adams has it spot on. County actually played alright, but there's a lot of gelling to be done more than anything else. Don't think the red card had that much of an impact, really. A lot of Queens Park's play in the second half was really sloppy.

23 shots on goal yesterday. Wasn't there but seems we've started similar to last season.

Attached File(s)
.jpg   county queens.jpg (Size: 19.53 KB / Downloads: 13)

Not a great perfomance yesterday to say the least but it was an improvement on last weeks performance and after all it was a victory that we got. Flynn was not good as a right back but e and munro looked confertable in the centre than munro and boyd. Fitzpatrick played much better than morrison did last week. Better at defending his attacking is not as good but it was good enough and he set up a goal. Duncan was ok yesterday but cant see himself and ketts playing together much to simillar players.

Will need to play better against morton who have a decent strike force this season.

I would go with

Fraser
Miller munro flynn Fitzpatrick
Brittain Lawson Duncan Quinn(if fit)/ Gardyne or vigurs if not
craig Mcmenamin

Home v Aberdeen or ICT next round please. Decent crowd, an atmosphere, and make some money.

Honestly, we were utter garbage today. The red card totally changed the game as with eleven on the park we never looked like scoring. Steven Craig had an absolute nightmare again, including missing a free header from six yards out and Munro while assured in every other department is about as fast on the turn as Mark Haro. Really worried that any first division side with a bit of pace will be able to slice through us with ease.

Postivie points:

The pitch looked good.
Curtain Burns looks decent.

Information 
Can't argue with Del. We should expect better. There were a few times when players didn't expect the particular pass they got. It's got to get more automatic and instinctive to achieve a more fluid and incisive style. Can't argue with bunglebonce either: Duncan and Kettlewell didn't create much in midfield (despite good industry from Ketts especially) and the only threats seemed to come down the flanks, particularly the Left.

Apart from Coco I thought we lacked a bit of pace, which Queen's Park had plenty of.

Full backs - we don't seem to have a lot of choice there with only Miller - who still looks likely to get himself dismissed - and Morrison who is not performing like a couple of seasons ago. Fitz is growing into it but used to be a midfielder. Flynn hmmm... don't see him tearing down the line past a man and putting a fantastic cross over the face of goal ... but a worthy competitor for central defence with Boydy & Munro.

But they can all do better, so not writing anyone off.
Malky Mackay - he's our new manager

Out of interest, who got the MoTM award?

We were very lucky to escape with a victory yesterday. The sending off as normal changed the game and it wouldnt have been a shock if QP managed to get away with knocking us out.

Even after the sending off, one of the big decisions which I feel turned the game was QP's manager mistake with the subs. I am surprised that Adams is so angry with the players as his decision to play Flynn at left back (out of position) and we struggled to beat a bunch of 3rd division amateurs.

Seriously, Adams has a massive amount of work if we want to start the league campaign with 3 points
twitter: @michaelmarley27

(07-31-2011, 10:07 PM)theythinkitsallover Wrote: We were very lucky to escape with a victory yesterday. The sending off as normal changed the game and it wouldnt have been a shock if QP managed to get away with knocking us out.

Even after the sending off, one of the big decisions which I feel turned the game was QP's manager mistake with the subs. I am surprised that Adams is so angry with the players as his decision to play Flynn at left back (out of position) and we struggled to beat a bunch of 3rd division amateurs.

Seriously, Adams has a massive amount of work if we want to start the league campaign with 3 points

Right back. Fitzpatrick played left back.
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

Was down in Wales, but wasn't that shcoked to see we where down 1-0 in the first half.

The opening 2 games has brought some expections on here back down to earth.

Unfortunately it seems my prediciton of a long and disapoitning season seems to be on the nose........why could'nt I get that one wrong.
Disclaimer -Anything posted by this user is likely to contain large amount of sarcasm, humour and nuts. At no time should anything be taken seriously, even on serious topics. Failure to do so may result in confusion and your tongue turning black, consult a doctor if symptoms persist.

(07-31-2011, 11:15 PM)Alness Staggie Wrote:
(07-31-2011, 10:07 PM)theythinkitsallover Wrote: We were very lucky to escape with a victory yesterday. The sending off as normal changed the game and it wouldnt have been a shock if QP managed to get away with knocking us out.

Cheers Alness Staggie.....even I wrote him in the wrong place on the teamsheet

Right back. Fitzpatrick played left back.

twitter: @michaelmarley27

If only there was a multiquote function on here. To answer one question, there wasn't a man of the match, presumably as there was no matchday sponsor. Or maybe they just forgot. Secondly, the red card didn't change the match. County were all over Queens before and after the goal, admittedly the left winger was causing Flynn problems but he'd have got on top of that. Second half County played at an excellent tempo, really positive to see.

Notice too that Steven Craig has people on his back already. People must have missed his beautiful effort first half that went just wide with the keeper beaten. If anyone was negligent in front of goal it was Brittain, with his diving header and his volley that went out for a throw in.

Plenty of positives, it just looked like an early season game with a new team. I think the Morton game might have come too soon, but if we played QP in the middle of the season, we'd beat them by five or six. As it could have been on Saturday.

(08-01-2011, 09:02 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: If only there was a multiquote function on here. To answer one question, there wasn't a man of the match, presumably as there was no matchday sponsor. Or maybe they just forgot. Secondly, the red card didn't change the match. County were all over Queens before and after the goal, admittedly the left winger was causing Flynn problems but he'd have got on top of that. Second half County played at an excellent tempo, really positive to see.

Notice too that Steven Craig has people on his back already. People must have missed his beautiful effort first half that went just wide with the keeper beaten. If anyone was negligent in front of goal it was Brittain, with his diving header and his volley that went out for a throw in.

Plenty of positives, it just looked like an early season game with a new team. I think the Morton game might have come too soon, but if we played QP in the middle of the season, we'd beat them by five or six. As it could have been on Saturday.

There is a multi-quote button, just between the reply and report buttons at the bottom of the post, just select which ones you want and it will add them all together into one post so you can reply to many posts.

Also regarding what you said about Steven Craig, he has been a constant target for those who want to vent their spleen. Now sometimes it's warranted, however most of the time it's greatly unfair, at the Elgin game he got a torrent of abuse, but it wasn't his fault we lost 2 goals, nor was it his fault that the service into the front 2 was utter crap. He had a great effort that came back off the bar in the first half of that game and tried his best, but if we don't give the top 2 service then our strikers will be not as influential as they should be.
Disclaimer -Anything posted by this user is likely to contain large amount of sarcasm, humour and nuts. At no time should anything be taken seriously, even on serious topics. Failure to do so may result in confusion and your tongue turning black, consult a doctor if symptoms persist.

firstly, really bad name for the thread.
Secondly, the red card totally changed the game, Queens were a threat and were pretty comfortable.
it's no coincidence that we only started playing better after they were reduced to ten men.
I just hope that we will be playing at a high level next week because I don't know if I could face Di Giac scoring against us.

Thumbs Down 
(08-01-2011, 11:26 AM)Mackie Wrote:
(08-01-2011, 09:02 AM)Savage Henry Wrote: If only there was a multiquote function on here. To answer one question, there wasn't a man of the match, presumably as there was no matchday sponsor. Or maybe they just forgot. Secondly, the red card didn't change the match. County were all over Queens before and after the goal, admittedly the left winger was causing Flynn problems but he'd have got on top of that. Second half County played at an excellent tempo, really positive to see.

There is a multi-quote button, just between the reply and report buttons at the bottom of the post, just select which ones you want and it will add them all together into one post so you can reply to many posts.

Also regarding what you said about Steven Craig, he has been a constant target for those who want to vent their spleen. Now sometimes it's warranted, however most of the time it's greatly unfair, at the Elgin game he got a torrent of abuse, but it wasn't his fault we lost 2 goals, nor was it his fault that the service into the front 2 was utter crap. He had a great effort that came back off the bar in the first half of that game and tried his best, but if we don't give the top 2 service then our strikers will be not as influential as they should be.

So there is now, thanks for that!Wink
(08-01-2011, 11:29 AM)tj_STAGS Wrote: firstly, really bad name for the thread.
Secondly, the red card totally changed the game, Queens were a threat and were pretty comfortable.
it's no coincidence that we only started playing better after they were reduced to ten men.
I just hope that we will be playing at a high level next week because I don't know if I could face Di Giac scoring against us.

Well, what would you have called, it?

And County were well on top before the red card.