Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
County Hopeful
(11-12-2013, 07:39 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote:
(11-11-2013, 11:02 PM)Hilde17 Wrote: I myself haven't had the easiest of upbringings, a lot of adversity a lot of set backs and challenges and no matter what life threw at me through all the blood sweat and tears I've always gotten through it.

You're from the Ferry then?

Oh the warm Highland welcome. How lovely.

(11-12-2013, 07:31 PM)RoyalStaggie Wrote: Any progress son

Unfortunately not, still no word. Going to call the club tmrw try and get a hold of George! Or someone who can help me.
"How bad do you want it?"

(11-11-2013, 11:02 PM)Hilde17 Wrote: Hey Cheers lads, I really appreciate the amount of support and responses you have shown me. For those asking, I became interested in county because of what the club is. Ross County has a good sense of togetherness the team seems a real family. Being in the Spl after only 18 years in the sfl is an amazing achievement, as well as the underdog run in the cup "that year" Wink haha everyone knows what I'm talking bout there haha! I myself haven't had the easiest of upbringings, a lot of adversity a lot of set backs and challenges and no matter what life threw at me through all the blood sweat and tears I've always gotten through it. I really would love the chance to be a staggie and play for you fans in the highlands! I've gotten email responses from ranald gilbert and Donnie macbean both saying they have sent my player profile to George Adams who will respond directly, yet he hasn't. Not sure what else I can do, calling the club is next I guess. If you guys would really like to help me, maybe heckle George with emails yourselves mentioning my name? I'm just trying to think of ideas! I have to go back to Canada for Christmas so I have a small Window of opportunity present, and I only got eyes for county. Once again thanks for the fantastic support I gladly appreciate it, have yourselves a great night,
Connor

Jeeze, the boy is now having to contact the club for a reply - not good enough County and certainly not what we have come to expect.

[quote='number8' pid='29990' dateline='1384288187'

Jeeze, the boy is now having to contact the club for a reply - not good enough County and certainly not what we have come to expect.
[/quote]

Jeeeze we're awful ready to slag off the club these days, he's had two replies saying they've been passed to the right person. We have no idea if he is even in the country never mind at work but we jump to criticise publicly. Wonder how many unsolicited applications we get and how long it takes staff to look at them? I don't know but neither do you.

Given George Adams essentially operates as a Chief Executive, is it not possible that he might have others things to attend to first?

I shine a light of common sense on this forum. Like a beacon of sensibleness giving hope to those stuck in the stormy seas of dribbling insanity that wash over this forum from time to time.

Haha no exactly, no doubt George is a busy man. Obviously has a big role at the club and a lot on his plate. Not shaming the club at all, been very professional.

(11-12-2013, 10:12 PM)Hilde17 Wrote: Haha no exactly, no doubt George is a busy man. Obviously has a big role at the club and a lot on his plate. Not shaming the club at all, been very professional.

Hi Connor, good luck to you lad, it does take some time for the coaching staff to do some research. So stick in there, as you are young and seem have the heart of a Staggie, I'm sure you will get a trial.

In the Highlands we would refer to you as being a "Terrier", Nice to see that you can put yourself about a bit, as I think we're missing that just now. Good luck Big Grin
You can take the People out of the Highlands but not the Highlands out of the People

(11-12-2013, 10:04 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: I shine a light of common sense on this forum. Like a beacon of sensibleness giving hope to those stuck in the stormy seas of dribbling insanity that wash over this forum from time to time.

And I suppose you think that makes you a swell guy?

Just got off the phone with George Adams. They want to bring me in for trials, but there is a problem for me to play in Britain without British heritage or European passport, which I don't have. Being Canadian I thought I was a subject to Britain? Does anyone have any further information on the legalities of this subject?

Cheers

(11-13-2013, 03:02 AM)Wicky Wrote:
(11-12-2013, 10:04 PM)StrathyStaggie Wrote: I shine a light of common sense on this forum. Like a beacon of sensibleness giving hope to those stuck in the stormy seas of dribbling insanity that wash over this forum from time to time.

And I suppose you think that makes you a swell guy?

He's certainly making waves in this thread.

(11-13-2013, 11:32 AM)Hilde17 Wrote: Just got off the phone with George Adams. They want to bring me in for trials, but there is a problem for me to play in Britain without British heritage or European passport, which I don't have. Being Canadian I thought I was a subject to Britain? Does anyone have any further information on the legalities of this subject?

Cheers

I don't know how this works now, but it certainly used to be the case that visas were only granted to players who are highly ranked, to stop players coming to this country and taking jobs away from British citizens who could do the job just as well. So footballers would need to have played in 75% of their country's top flight international matches, that they were eligible to play in, over the past two years! Exceptions can of course be made and it would go in front of a panel to decide. All the red tape involved would be dealt with by the club. This is not an insurmountable probem, it just means that things which otherwise would be very simple and straightforward will require a bit of work and a lot of paperwork and then it would be a case of crossing your fingers and toes that your application is looked on favourably.
As for being a Canadian citizen, you have the Queen as your head of state, so you are a subject of the queen, not of Britain.

Good on you son hope to see you in a county strip soon