Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Celtic Match
(11-10-2013, 03:22 AM)Blinkers Wrote:
(11-09-2013, 09:36 PM)staggie52 Wrote: From what I could see most of the problems came down our right side. Kova had nobody in front of him. The third goal came about because nobody was protecting that side. Kova was in the right position but only if there was a midfielder to protect him. Unfortunately there wasn't.

I would disagree, Izaguirre was all alone out on the wing and Kova was 10 feet right of the penalty spot, way too far in to deal with the pass out to the wing. When he got the ball, Izaguirre had loads of time to cross it in for the unchallenged header. Even after that goal Kova failed to heed the warnings and kept coming in too far.

I did see a lot of good things emerging. Micic very good de Leeuww very good Kova not so good,our right side exposed,Maclean not so good ,Rocco not so good,
Carey any of the under 20 squad would do better, but Klock is a player who will be good for future kettllwell battled away and Brittain tried hard,
Iwas pleased to see maaeetson,play to instructions,overall de Leeuw never shirked his duty on the deck or in the air,I
Like him. Ok we were humped bad to lose by headers,Kova silly man brown got him going,this made things easier to attack down that flank
Hearts getting beat gives us breathing space, if we get even three good players in January,we will be right up there

(11-10-2013, 09:46 AM)Gadgigadgi Wrote:
(11-10-2013, 03:22 AM)Blinkers Wrote: I would disagree, Izaguirre was all alone out on the wing and Kova was 10 feet right of the penalty spot, way too far in to deal with the pass out to the wing. When he got the ball, Izaguirre had loads of time to cross it in for the unchallenged header. Even after that goal Kova failed to heed the warnings and kept coming in too far.

I did see a lot of good things emerging. Micic very good de Leeuww very good Kova not so good,our right side exposed,Maclean not so good ,Rocco not so good,
Carey any of the under 20 squad would do better, but Klock is a player who will be good for future kettllwell battled away and Brittain tried hard,
Iwas pleased to see maaeetson,play to instructions,overall de Leeuw never shirked his duty on the deck or in the air,I
Like him. Ok we were humped bad to lose by headers,Kova silly man brown got him going,this made things easier to attack down that flank
Hearts getting beat gives us breathing space, if we get even three good players in January,we will be right up there

Hearts won ffs!

Oh and Kova wasn't at fault for not picking up their left back.
Before the changes it was Richie's job to mark him but when Klok went off Richie went more central and Ivan was paying wide right so it was HIS job to track back and cover when their left back tried to over lap!! Rolleyes

Yesterdays display was as shocking as the decision not to have a minutes silence.

Hold your head in shame Mr MacGregor!

Too many negative comments about this game i think. By all means make them when appropriate, and as for asking Uncle Roy to hold his head in shame....come on...

On a more positive note. It is clear all we, the supporters, need to get going is passion on the pitch. When Kova went loco, showing the passion we all want the change in the crowd was great. Some will say that it is us suppoters who need to start things off, but it doesn't work like that for us, but give us a reason (not necessarilly just goals) and it is obvious we will roar the team on.

This season always felt like it would be more difficult, but I still have faith. Lots of time left for another charge like last season...Get inta 'em Kova

Hate to criticise the manager's team selection or the players but yesterday was a total tactical nightmare. Kova picking up Van Dijk at corners?!! FFS Kova doesn't even go up for offensive corners he is so bad in the air - and Brittain left Kova exposed to Izaguirre so many times it was laughable.

I thought Boyd played well but he or Maclean should have organised better at corners and Adams should have spotted that and sorted it out.

Also, I know some would like to see 11 Kettlewells starting but against mulgrew and ledley we should have had two enforcers in there instead of klok and quinn, who pulled out of a few 50/50s in the middle of the park. Come back Paul Lawson...or at least lets get RB in the middle of the park where he belongs.

On the plus side - Micic looked good and De Leueew, though he was out of position. And things looked better with RB in CM and Sproule on the wing.

Agreed, calm down on the minute silence thing, my be a genuine reason or simple mistake like St Johnstone who have apologised in the papers - I'm sure the club will issue a statement...
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(11-10-2013, 10:16 AM)frankthetank Wrote:
(11-10-2013, 09:46 AM)Gadgigadgi Wrote: I did see a lot of good things emerging. Micic very good de Leeuww very good Kova not so good,our right side exposed,Maclean not so good ,Rocco not so good,

Right let us make it more plain for you Kova was shocking and tacitics were shocking, the looked like schoolboys humping the ball in the general direction
As for sproul picking up their left back,I watched ezegeeri come. Forward and if sproul did not track him roco did not track Kova was so far away from him and ff Celtic saw all this and took advantage Kova was more interested in brown,instead of sticking to the task he was supposed to do
But as I said in previous letter,I did see plus plus,DA is slowly getting Dutch boys into scottish way the three Dutch players played well remember Klockisjust 20years old
Another thing that goes amiss Mark Brown did not cover himself in glory.

Other business SHAME on Ross County not for the first time they totally disregarded
The people who fought in wars past and present SHAME. SHAME SHAME maybe they willbe humble enough to apologise to those who care.
Now. Just back from good turnout at Dingwall where the above statement was the topic. Plus one ladies member told us she would not have made the parade,if she had put poppies where Celtic support kept telling her
Again SHAME. On them. Big boys talking to women,I really hope they get their comeuppance
L

Hearts won ff

Oh and Kova wasn't at fault for not picking up their left back.
Before the changes it was Richie's job to mark him but when Klok went off Richie went more central and Ivan was paying wide right so it was HIS job to track back and cover when their left back tried to over lap!! Rolleyes

(11-10-2013, 09:46 AM)Gadgigadgi Wrote: Carey any of the under 20 squad would do better

I thought his choice of a leopard print onesie was magnificent. I doubt any of the U20's could have matched that.

Glad he never now, but in the heat of moment when the ned Brown was in Kova's face celebrating the goal, I was shouting for Kova to lamp him.

I'm afraid our defence has been a shambles this season, we were so strong in Div1 and our debut SPL season, but now I cover my eyes every time there is a corner or cross.

Not going to make it to Paisley next Sunday unfortunately, but I have no confidence whatsoever.

(11-09-2013, 10:36 PM)staggie52 Wrote:
(11-09-2013, 09:49 PM)number8 Wrote: Clearly not.

Sorry, not sure what you mean. DeLeuw was my man of the match, it's an opinion but why not? Mcic was better than Gordon and improved the defence, no? Clearly not? Clearly not in your opinion I presume.
You are perfectly right to air your opinion and i totally respect it. I agree that Mcic was a bit better that Gordon but to say the defence "looked good" yesterday is stretching things beyond reality - overall they were shambolic. The second goal was enough to put DA over the edge. In saying that, everyone is a defender when you don't have the ball and the midfield could not pass water at the moment and keep losing the ball cheaply. This was apparent in both the abandoned games. I don't think being on the losing side should rule a player out of being overall MOTM but IMO Melvin was no more than ok - he did not get much support in a role that really does not suit him and he did lose possession regularly. If i was Lucasson or Ross I would be wondering why the boss felt it was a better option to play a player out of position rather than start with one of them.

This season has been shocking so far.

Most of the players don't even look bothered.

We need to get back to basics. We can barely string a few passes together and losing at least 2 goals every week!

We're in November and none of our 4 strikers have scored a league goal.

I thought we were in for a solid season, but now I think we are in a relegation battle.

What's the deal with these Celtic Jakies,
You know the ones you meet coming back over the bridge at the the end of the match,
That's happened four times know, strange they come up here to watch the game in the Mallard
Maybe they are getting a happy hour, or even free soup, salt and pepper optional obviously.

Gentlemen and ladies we need a bit of calm here on all the issues.

Let's compare the market.

We have lost to a team which has cost several millions of pounds to assemble, we have spent nothing on transfer fees, a team which is playing at European Championship level, we aren't ever likely to, they have several international or near international level players, we have one with a Scotland cap who isn't yet a regular in our team, and a smattering of U21 caps which haven't followed through (yet), a team which has a huge international following and backing, we don't, a team which has supporters who intimidate referees because after the game when decisions go against teams such as our opponents yesterday some of thier supporters can/will intimidate them in their private lives, we don't get involved in that type of behaviour (and I hope never will). So shock horror some decisions are clouded by personal pressures (not always prejudices).

So is losing 4-1 a shock. YES. It could have maybe should have been 8-1. Why?

We would appear to have a problem which was recognised by DA a couple of weeks ago. RB does not appear to be his usual self. Possibly why was on the bench recently. He was well off the boil yesterday and as captain should not be letting his standard drop. Add to that Carey and Quinn not turning up left us with Ketts who again was outstanding but in a totally overwhelmed midfield. Overwhelmed because three players did not come up to their own standards. Maybe they were overawed, not acceptable, maybe they were unwell, not acceptable should have let the manager know before the game, Maybe Celtic didn't let them play, not acceptable you need to fight back and adjust your game to deal with it. That's why the defence had sucha torrid time and why Kova twice was 'out of position' he was covering runs that the midfiled should have picked up.

Tactics yesterday did not help. Playing 4-1-4-1 with the midfield 4 playing immediately in front of the 1 (Klok) left no room to play the ball out of defence. Celtic countered this very well by playing 4-4-2 and at times 3-5-2. This effectively choked our midfield and the only option was the hike to de Leeuw and he then had no back up.

Others with more savvy about tactics may disagree with me but I would have gone with a 4-4-2 yesterday. The logic being that 2 forwards one playing wide would force Celtic to keep four at the back to cover leaving the game with more room in midfield which would have played to our midfield strength which is passing and possession. This would have allowed the 4 in midfield to come a bit further forward and contain the game nearer the middle of the park.

Who would I have gone with I hear you ask - injuries aside - Brown, Kova, Saunders (who did impress in his short while on the park), Boyd, Mcic, Brittain, Kettlewell, Quinn, Carey, De Leeuw, Leukassen/ Ross. I would also have Ross/Leukassen & Mustafi on the bench to replace de Leeuw and the other forward as I would be asking both forwards to do a lot of running off the ball to stretch the celtic defence.

I still have a lfaith in this team to one stay up and two to be a much more compettitve team next season. Our weakness in defence is not Boyd or Kova. Both have dealt reasonably competently with those they have faced. It is the other two defensive slots that are the problem. Mcic certainly answered a lot of questions yesterday. Can Saunders provide the other missing bit of the jigsaw? He certainly looked more assured yesterday than he was at the beginning of the season. Indeed some of his play and distribution reminded me of Hainault's debut. Let's wait and see.

Let's hope our midfield decide to start playing football as we know they can sometime soon. All the negative chat on here and on the terracings does nothing for confidence. Some of the comments I heard yesterday were anything but supportive and odd comments made me wonder why they bother coming to games - they aren't supporters.

Quinn has certainly not been himself this season, although he still pops up with important moments (goal v Dons and shot yesterday leading to goal), compared to last season he's not been great.

Ketts was his consistent self yesterday, one minute clearing off his own line and the next chasing down Forster, incredible work-rate he has.

The atmosphere was dire, worse than usual, we only got going when Brown started annoying us, early kick-off?

(11-10-2013, 03:03 PM)number8 Wrote:
(11-09-2013, 10:36 PM)staggie52 Wrote: Sorry, not sure what you mean. DeLeuw was my man of the match, it's an opinion but why not? Mcic was better than Gordon and improved the defence, no? Clearly not? Clearly not in your opinion I presume.
You are perfectly right to air your opinion and i totally respect it. I agree that Mcic was a bit better that Gordon but to say the defence "looked good" yesterday is stretching things beyond reality - overall they were shambolic. The second goal was enough to put DA over the edge. In saying that, everyone is a defender when you don't have the ball and the midfield could not pass water at the moment and keep losing the ball cheaply. This was apparent in both the abandoned games. I don't think being on the losing side should rule a player out of being overall MOTM but IMO Melvin was no more than ok - he did not get much support in a role that really does not suit him and he did lose possession regularly. If i was Lucasson or Ross I would be wondering why the boss felt it was a better option to play a player out of position rather than start with one of them.
In my opinion like I said on first letter,Melvin was very good he never shirked going for the high balls lumped upfield to him,and he DID win most of them,there was nobody around,I do not like one up front, Branny the manny very good, Klock very good Ketts not bad, Rocco bad Kova terrible it's been coming for weeks,Brittain good
It is not all doom and gloom, it is difficult to make honey out of hens s--t

In fairness Rocco had to watch himself after that early booking ,just minutes after the booking he pulled out of a challenge to avoid been sent of. Celtic's midfield was full of internationalists, so it was always going to be a struggle there ,even allowing for that only Van Dijk, seemed to shine for Celtic in the first half. to much space and time was given to them in the second and we were punished for that.I also agree with big Stuart, Kova, you should have lamped Brown.

For me why would put Melvin up on his own as for me he plays behind Luckassen/Ross I thought Micic was better at left back than when he played center half I thought it was silly goals to give a away but I am gald we did not give celtic a clean sheet

(11-10-2013, 05:05 PM)kenthehood Wrote: In fairness Rocco had to watch himself after that early booking ,just minutes after the booking he pulled out of a challenge to avoid been sent of. Celtic's midfield was full of internationalists, so it was always going to be a struggle there ,even allowing for that only Van Dijk, seemed to shine for Celtic in the first half. to much space and time was given to them in the second and we were punished for that.I also agree with big Stuart, Kova, you should have lamped Brown.

Rocco wasn't bookedConfused

My mistake Frank, from where we were sitting it looked like Quinn and when he pulled out of a challenge minutes after, I thought it definitely was him and that he pulled out to avoid a second booking. Maybe he didn't fancy it yesterday.