Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
st Mirren Away 2/11/13 Tickets
Only 8 more games to try to adandon before we can attempt to lure Hainault & Oiko back, then we're on for the title...
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

Carey at LB?

Bring in Maatsen on the right and switch Sproule to the left?

Carey was playing at left back on trial with Dundee Utd before he signed for us, so you may have a point, he'd still get forward and may defend better? Maybe worth trying Saunders beside Boyd and bring Maatsen in....we definitely need to try something different.

Confused by Gordon as he was good at Kilmarnock?!!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

Gordon is a good player just lacking confidence. He is exhibiting the usual symptoms of someone completely out of form - poor decision making and on the receiving end of any bad luck going. But I am sure he will come through this bad spell - those comedy eyebrows suggest a certain chutzpah.

(11-02-2013, 07:18 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: I said after 10mins that if the rain continued the game would be abandoned. It was a farce and the players shouldn't have come out for the 2nd half, they couldnt tackle properly, or stop, it was dangerous.
The ref made a complete [censored] of himself imo.

To the football, I'm afraid the same failings, Gordon looked like he should have cleared the ball but failed, 1 down, and McLean lost possession at half-way, St Mirren broke easily and scored.
We almost lost a 3rd when the ball stuck in water in we lost possession again.

Sproule looke sharp, De Leeuw took a knock and never recovered so was replaced by Brittain.

St Mirren fans were seething obviously, being 2 goals up, but I can't take their chairman seriously if he actually thinks the game should have continued.
Have to agree with you as far as Collum is concerned, if the game was to be called off the the last 10-15 mins of the first half was the time for a decision. Bouncing a fecking ball on the same spot upteen times expecting a different result was a joke beyond Marx Brothers proportions. So, not sure if the boot was on the other foot...
I got pelters saying we were not at all good v ICT and this was the same starting line up today. Not buying into it at all and tbh don't want to gripe endlessly but i find it incredible that we have such a surfeit of talent that we leave RB out of our starting line up.

Perhaps the most important thing coming out of the past few days is that we have a game here in Scotland which is subject to the weather in 2013. If we can't play football when it is wet, windy, cold or when TV decides when to show it we need to move to summer football when we can travel to games in the certainty that they will start and finish (in day light ) and we can develop local talent as well as bring in continental (Dutch!) players who are not suddenly exposed to a game that is foreign to them.

We were lucky that the match was abandoned. St Mirren fully deserved to be 2 up and are rightly annoyed at the call off. However it shud have been called off at half time.
Browns handling was gud, unlike his kicking.
Gordon was very poor in every department.
Boyd was solid.
Mclean was ok but needs to remember that he is not Beckenbauer and is not capable of dribbling out of defence by beating 3 players.
Kova was decent.
Luckasson was impressive and held the ball up well.

Everyone else was poor too.
Good to speak to the usual faces at away days, always good craick. Strathystaggie's fishermans friend look was particulaly memorable.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

Just watched the game on Alba SKT+. Why the hell did the 2nd half start and why was Brownie allowed to play in a strip where the colours were so close to the team strip. Willie Collum points deducted in your assessment surely

(11-03-2013, 01:06 AM)Chromedome Wrote: Just watched the game on Alba SKT+. Why the hell did the 2nd half start and why was Brownie allowed to play in a strip where the colours were so close to the team strip. Willie Collum points deducted in your assessment surely

Glad we have reverend Grahame, Rev Brown,Rev Dingwall, in our support
That's the second time in a week ,they asked for Devine help and got it,
Please god could you maybe make Dutch boys burst into life,and some of the rest into footballers

(11-02-2013, 11:12 PM)staggie34 Wrote: Strathystaggie's fishermans friend look was particulaly memorable.

Highlight of the day!

I was, in fairness, dressed appropriately for the North Atlantic conditions!

Just watched the game on Alba, cracking half-time interview with the Dutch boys in Dingwall High streets Grants Restauurant.

Here is what i see in the highlights...

St mirren could easily have put 4 past us....maybe even 5, and this was in the first half...our defence didn't turn up

It was plain to see in the first half, that pitch was a disgrace...and the game should never have continued after the first half...Lennon complaining they have played on worse, is a heap of crap....his own players were walking about kicking at the puddles gathering on the pitch, trying to get it noticed, and it seemed to be affecting them more than county...

St Mirren seemed to have an improvement in their game, i don't expect it to last, however i expect county to gather pace soon...certainly before January....
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

(11-04-2013, 01:33 PM)Stiflers old man Wrote: Here is what i see in the highlights...

St mirren could easily have put 4 past us....maybe even 5, and this was in the first half...our defence didn't turn up

It was plain to see in the first half, that pitch was a disgrace...and the game should never have continued after the first half...Lennon complaining they have played on worse, is a heap of crap....his own players were walking about kicking at the puddles gathering on the pitch, trying to get it noticed, and it seemed to be affecting them more than county...

St Mirren seemed to have an improvement in their game, i don't expect it to last, however i expect county to gather pace soon...certainly before January....

Hope you are right - a lot of people have been saying this, but it's yet to happen - it can't take too much longer, or we'll be losing some very improtant points on the board!

(11-04-2013, 02:56 PM)staggie2509 Wrote:
(11-04-2013, 01:33 PM)Stiflers old man Wrote: Here is what i see in the highlights...

Hope you are right - a lot of people have been saying this, but it's yet to happen - it can't take too much longer, or we'll be losing some very improtant points on the board!

Have faith...I don't think we will be in the top six..but we might...but I see improvement, Our striker looked a lot more bullying
There's a fine line between genius and insanity

The referee was quite right. There was no way the match could continue fairly.

That said, there are things to be concerned about. It is begining to look like it might e a three horse race between ourselves, Kilmarnock and St Mirren to avoid the play off place and in the space of a fortnight we lose to one handiing them their first victory of the season and were well on the way to being beaten by the other.

Plenty of time to turn things round but with almost a third of the season over I am starting to get just a little worried.

(11-04-2013, 11:25 PM)Brora Boy Wrote: The referee was quite right. There was no way the match could continue fairly.

That said, there are things to be concerned about. It is begining to look like it might e a three horse race between ourselves, Kilmarnock and St Mirren to avoid the play off place and in the space of a fortnight we lose to one handiing them their first victory of the season and were well on the way to being beaten by the other.

Plenty of time to turn things round but with almost a third of the season over I am starting to get just a little worried.

You are not alone mate!

Rearranged for Sunday 17th:

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=27983

From RCFC website.
''Ross County will be liaising with the Black Isle Supporters Club to provide free supporters buses to the match to give as many fans as possible the chance to attend the match''

(11-07-2013, 05:51 PM)StuartTaylor Wrote: Rearranged for Sunday 17th:

http://www.saintmirren.net/pages/?p=27983

Now here's a Thought just copied this from our website.

St Mirren have confirmed the following ticket prices/arrangements for the re-scheduled match.

For those who purchased tickets for the abandoned match, the prices will be as follows: £5 Adults and £3 concessions

For those without tickets from the last match the prices will be: £10 adults and £5 concessions.

A bit rich when we all expect to get into the replay for the Derby for free, I think a boycott of this replay is in order. Cool
You can take the People out of the Highlands but not the Highlands out of the People

(11-08-2013, 11:08 PM)Applecross Staggie Wrote: For those who purchased tickets for the abandoned match, the prices will be as follows: £5 Adults and £3 concessions

For those without tickets from the last match the prices will be: £10 adults and £5 concessions.[/b]

A bit rich when we all expect to get into the replay for the Derby for free, I think a boycott of this replay is in order. Cool

Not really

The Terms & Conditions printed on the St Mirren match ticket state:
"The price of the ticket will not under any circumstances be refunded if the match has to be abandoned after the ticket has been surrendered at the turnstile. However, in the event of such abandonment occurring before half-time the retained portion of the ticket will permit attendance to the rearranged fixture"

St Mirren don't have to do jack [censored] for us, basically

The Terms & Conditions on County tickets are slightly different:
"In the event of the abandonment of a match after kick-off a person shall be permitted to enter the stadium for a rearranged fixture on the presentation of the ticket stub and subject to compliance with any other arrangements as may be announced at the time"

County's club policy dictates that we won't have to pay again
"The heart of the club is the fan. The board and the chairman are custodians. The staff are transient. But the fan is there forever"

Roy Macgregor, April 2013