Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Crowd for Friday Night?
(10-25-2013, 10:32 PM)Gadgigadgi Wrote:
(10-25-2013, 10:15 PM)staggie2509 Wrote:
(10-25-2013, 09:01 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Dam dam dam dam dam dam dam dam. Why did that have to happen, makes us look really bad....

Have to agree, whether the problem was outside as Roy said on radio, it amateur and should not happen, there had to be better backup supply!!

Press will jump all over this and the Global Energy link - this needs sorted and fast Roy!!

Speaking with a hydro engineer at game,his comment was :think about it first time this season lights needed. No testing had been done,his opinion was overload,
So much for Global energy.

Don't think this is true, have seen the lights on myself last Thursday, no idea why but sure they were on. That is just a random time I was coming into Dingwall, so pretty sure I have not seen the only time they have been on this season!

Thought their support was OK - they made plenty noise and even Radio Scotland were commenting on the fact the stayed to sing and have a good time when stadium was empty......think we need to sort out our own issues before pointing the finger at anyone else!
Supporter Liaison Officer 

(10-25-2013, 10:42 PM)Gadgigadgi Wrote:
(10-25-2013, 10:39 PM)dawyckstag Wrote:
(10-25-2013, 06:29 PM)Savage Henry Wrote:
(10-25-2013, 05:45 PM)dawyckstag Wrote: Heard today that Caley have only sold 500 tickets!! Top of the league until a couple of weeks ago and in quarter final of league cup what a p**s poor support to take to 1st derby of the season, no wonder Butcher despairs at the lack of support.

That means more tickets to be sold to home fans. Or are you saying a poor turnout is purely because of the away support?

Away attendances at these games have been slowly dwindling; it's entirely the home team's fault if the game isn't sold out, I'm afraid.
My remarks were about the Caley support, whats it got to do with County? Caley have had a great start to their season and should have been pretty much filling the away stand to support their team against their local rivals.

In fairness they had a good turn out,and they were still in stadium when we were all gone
Thats true but that's just bravado at our ground, i was at the Dun utd game at the end of last season when they could have qualified for Europe(which was also their last home game) and when Utd scored their winner a few hundred fans walked out and then at time up even more left when obviously the team was going to go round the pitch, so they didn't even stay to show appreciation of what their team achieved last season.

What issues? Floodlights fail sometimes, get over it

(10-25-2013, 10:50 PM)staggie52 Wrote: What issues? Floodlights fail sometimes, get over it

Rose tinted glasses.....I'm sure there are a lot of angry Staggies out there tonight - people pay good money and travel long distances to watch these games, don't just gloss over it.....just shouldn't happen with the money behind Roy MacGregor - the energy is something he should get right!!

(10-25-2013, 10:50 PM)staggie52 Wrote: What issues? Floodlights fail sometimes, get over it

Good comment!
These things happen at football grounds.
Guys get over it and stop moaning.
As for comments about the TINKS still there at the end?
The couple of hundred singers behind the goals stayed, however if you observed carefully, the vast majority to the right and left of the goals had already left.
Oh yes, they have a habit of leaving early, Dundee United game last year! Highly embarrassing, going for Europe, go behind, and hey presto, the TT stadium empties.

For goodness sake. We suffer an embarrassment and possibly a major financial setback and end up debating the loyalty or otherwise of opposition fans.

Surely, even for those who seem more obsessed with ICT than with County, there are more important things to discuss tonight.

(10-25-2013, 09:01 PM)wemyss77 Wrote: Dam dam dam dam dam dam dam dam. Why did that have to happen, makes us look really bad....

Have to agree, whether the problem was outside as Roy said on radio, it amateur and should not happen, there had to be better backup supply!!

Press will jump all over this and the Global Energy link - this needs sorted and fast Roy!!

Speaking with a hydro engineer at game,his comment was :think about it first time this season lights needed. No testing had been done,his opinion was overload,

Weren't they on at the end of dons game?
Has he got a final baaaalllll???    Shalk's there!!!!

(10-25-2013, 11:27 PM)Gordie the staggie Wrote:

Weren't they on at the end of dons game?

I guess a lot of folk don't pay much attention to it.
The lights have been on several times this season.

Lights are on 3-4 nights every week.

Obviously Paddy thought the game was dreadful.

[Image: article-2028278-029B3889000005DC-152_468x331.jpg]
.: Ours, is the Fury :.

(10-25-2013, 10:45 PM)wemyss77 Wrote:

Don't think this is true, have seen the lights on myself last Thursday, no idea why but sure they were on. That is just a random time I was coming into Dingwall, so pretty sure I have not seen the only time they have been on this season!
Aye canna believe them hydro people,

(10-26-2013, 08:43 AM)Gadgigadgi Wrote:
(10-25-2013, 10:45 PM)wemyss77 Wrote:

Aye canna believe them hydro people,

Global Energy Stadium...my ---- Always Victoria Park

(10-25-2013, 10:58 PM)staggie2509 Wrote:

Rose tinted glasses.....I'm sure there are a lot of angry Staggies out there tonight - people pay good money and travel long distances to watch these games, don't just gloss over it.....just shouldn't happen with the money behind Roy MacGregor - the energy is something he should get right!!

Scottish Hydro have a lot of money behind them but they can't always keep the lights on so don't go blaming Roy . These things happen.
As to the lights not being tested ,they have been on several times already this season. Fault probably caused by Butcher biting through a cable in the toilets - he couldn't bear to watch his duds for another 45 min.

(10-25-2013, 11:23 PM)Brora Boy Wrote: For goodness sake. We suffer an embarrassment and possibly a major financial setback and end up debating the loyalty or otherwise of opposition fans.

Surely, even for those who seem more obsessed with ICT than with County, there are more important things to discuss tonight.

Here we go, anyone who has an angry comment on here is an ICT lover - get a grip people, freedom of speech should be mandatory, I'm sure RM, DA and the whole club are mortified today - embarrassing for the club, even if these things do happen....

(10-25-2013, 11:14 PM)Fleackeuy Wrote:

Good comment!
These things happen at football grounds.
Guys get over it and stop moaning.
As for comments about the TINKS still there at the end?
The couple of hundred singers behind the goals stayed, however if you observed carefully, the vast majority to the right and left of the goals had already left.
Oh yes, they have a habit of leaving early, Dundee United game last year! Highly embarrassing, going for Europe, go behind, and hey presto, the TT stadium empties.
Yes stop moaning, Roy will be delighted with the whole episode, we get the chance to do it all over again, the Caley fans are to be ridiculed for the part they played and we will soon win the Champions League. Help ma boab!

Simple fact is too much has been done too quickly to the stadium, and infrastructure not in place to cope with everything we are throwing at it. I'm sure RM will hold a full investigation and sort the problem, but it may cost a lot of money to get it right - there has always been power issues down there - needs a decent backup UPS system put in place in case main power fails.

Regarding the game - not the best I've seen, anyone know why Brittain wasn't playing? Thought there was a decent crowd given it was on TV and weather was crap.....shame it ended early, hope the replay happens sooner rather than later!

(10-26-2013, 11:03 AM)staggie2509 Wrote: Simple fact is too much has been done too quickly to the stadium, and infrastructure not in place to cope with everything we are throwing at it. I'm sure RM will hold a full investigation and sort the problem, but it may cost a lot of money to get it right - there has always been power issues down there - needs a decent backup UPS system put in place in case main power fails.

Regarding the game - not the best I've seen, anyone know why Brittain wasn't playing? Thought there was a decent crowd given it was on TV and weather was crap.....shame it ended early, hope the replay happens sooner rather than later!

There is absolutely no excuse,not the first time. lights were on 1645hrs they did not need to be on until 1900hrs. No back up no contingency, plans.
I happen to know Roy very well his father and grandfather before him,publicly,he will
Grin and show a smile.privately a head or two could roll.
On the game front agree entirely on football, I think Brittain was left until second half,unfortunately it did not happen, indeed it was good turn out despite weather,and TV. Reff was going to spoil game,yellow cards both sides triviel ,had game progressed there would have been red cards,stronger refs for our derby required

(10-26-2013, 06:20 PM)Gadgigadgi Wrote: lights were on 1645hrs they did not need to be on until 1900hrs.

Do you think that there was a limited amount of electricity available, and that they used it all up?

Why should having the lights on too early be a reason for the failure of the electricity supply. Every winter, despite the power being on 24/7 all year round, SSE and other power companies suffer power failures.Why not slate them for being unprepared, the way most of you are slating our club and its backers.Get behind them, do what you say you do, support Ross County

Could someone (admin or a bright spark?) please pull the plug on this thread (put a socket in it) before I blow a fuse. Can we switch the subject to something else? I've tried to stay neutral on this matter but as it's become a live topic I'm now trying to bring it down to earth. I met a dark lady today - Victoria Park - would you like to meet her? Lights out and off to bed children.

Sorry but we do need to lighten up ...................... oops done it again!

(10-29-2013, 12:35 AM)the reaper Wrote: Could someone (admin or a bright spark?) please pull the plug on this thread (put a socket in it) before I blow a fuse. Can we switch the subject to something else? I've tried to stay neutral on this matter but as it's become a live topic I'm now trying to bring it down to earth. I met a dark lady today - Victoria Park - would you like to meet her? Lights out and off to bed children.

Sorry but we do need to lighten up ...................... oops done it again!
Obviously we need to generate more power in our support