Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Colin McMenamin Joins Celtic
http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/footb...in-2074369

Would say his views on the current state of Scottish football are bang on.

More interesting story on the front page of the record today but I won't risk the wrath of some on here by mentioning any names or the team he plays for.

I think he's a lot better than the eigth tier of English football. And that team will need a gigantic pile of money to progress up the leagues in England. Remember Boston?

Yeah, Scottish football is dead and what we need is people throwing ludicrous sums of money at clubs like Celtic Nation.

For a moment there you had me thinking WTF!!!
Has he got a final baaaalllll???    Shalk's there!!!!

I think Colin may be trying to justify his move to himself and everyone else with his comments.

He just sounds bitter he wasn't offered a decent contract in Scotland. When he was with us, I honestly thought like our other key players in the 1st Division, he was ready for the step up to the SPL.

But he wasn't, he just made no impact at all, then he's moved down a division to Morton and scored only twice I think.

What's he expecting, a 5 year deal from Celtic?

Just be honest Colin and say you have moved on for financial reasons, there's nothing wrong with that.

A parting shot of 'the Scottish game is dead', is disappointing from a player that couldn't make it down South, and as a result has earned a living in the Scottish game for the last 10 years.

(07-23-2013, 09:22 PM)Billy7Ferries Wrote: I think Colin may be trying to justify his move to himself and everyone else with his comments.

He just sounds bitter he wasn't offered a decent contract in Scotland. When he was with us, I honestly thought like our other key players in the 1st Division, he was ready for the step up to the SPL.

But he wasn't, he just made no impact at all, then he's moved down a division to Morton and scored only twice I think.

What's he expecting, a 5 year deal from Celtic?

Just be honest Colin and say you have moved on for financial reasons, there's nothing wrong with that.

A parting shot of 'the Scottish game is dead', is disappointing from a player that couldn't make it down South, and as a result has earned a living in the Scottish game for the last 10 years.

To be fair to Colin, that's exactly what he did say, he can't live on the wages given to full time first division players and didn't want to go part time and get a proper job. He's not having a go, he's just realistic about players at his level. He'll always be a legend to me

(07-23-2013, 09:34 PM)Alfiesdad Wrote: To be fair to Colin, that's exactly what he did say, he can't live on the wages given to full time first division players and didn't want to go part time and get a proper job. He's not having a go, he's just realistic about players at his level. He'll always be a legend to me

He could had done so without his remark about our game being dead because there is no money.

He's had a decent career up here, so I just thought such a statement was a bit off.

I suppose he was just being brutally honest.

Celtic Nation are simply being bankrolled like Gretna or Crawley. I think he's there for the cash. There are bigger clubs such as Blyth or Gateshead that wud have been a much better footballing move. Celtic Nation will go pop in a few years whereas traditional teams such as Bedlington or Morpeth (my hometown) will always be there.Scottish footballer will recover.
SHIRT NUMBER 34.

(formerly named Geordieland Staggie).

Registered member since March 2003.

(07-23-2013, 06:13 PM)LauchlansLeftBoot Wrote: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/footb...in-2074369

Would say his views on the current state of Scottish football are bang on.

Naaaaaah. Hard times sure but try telling that to anyone who is sat in the GES on 10th August and they'll most likely disagree. It's not what it was but in some ways that's a good thing. We've even got team's winning European ties for a change.

I for one am quite happy with the game at present albeit I do see it getting even better in time.
He's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!

I was down in England recently and saw an article about all of the players who were in league 1/2 and struggling to get contracts, having to accept £200 a week and less, so it isn't all rosy in the garden of Eden either, just vastly inflated by a few; bit like here really.

And anyway, who cares these are most certainly the best of times for us, can't wait for the season to start.