Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Staggies Disabled Supporters Club
Hi all,

Just wanted to pop a wee post on here to invite you to the third meeting of the newly-formed Staggies Disabled Supporters Club. It takes place tomorrow night (Thursday 13th June), at 6.30pm in Victoria Park.

At the last meeting in May, I was voted as chairman and the committee was formed but we are on the lookout for more members. If you are interested in being part of the group in any way (e.g. raising awareness), supporting it's work, or just curious as to the workings of this fledgling initiative, you would be most welcome to join. The club is open to anyone who has an interest in promoting the rights of supporters with disabilities.

As this will be my first meeting, I would be very interested to hear people's viewpoints on the matchday experience of supporters with disabilities - both at home and away. Through time, we aim to establish links with other clubs and the SFA to the benefit of accessible football for all. I will be working closely with my counterpart at ICT's CLAN group (Club Link for Additional Needs) to ensure that the cause is brought Highland-wide.

While working as a personal assistant for a young man with severe physical disabilities, it was through Ross County's approachable and inclusive spirit towards such supporters which made me become a fan in 2005. I must praise Ranald and his team for fostering such a welcoming attitude, and to the club as a whole. At the recent Scottish Disabled Supporters Association AGM, held at Hampden Park at the end of May, I was very proud to hear how well Ross County were thought of by representatives of other clubs and the SDSA itself. I hope to be able to contribute to enhancing this already fantastic reputation.

This is a very exciting time to join a new club and I would encourage anybody interested to either drop me a line on this thread, through private mail or by coming along to one of the meetings.

I look forward to meeting you soon.

Regards,

Martin Devlin
Chairman
Staggies Disabled Supporters Club
Staggies Disabled Supporters Club Chairman

How do i find your email address to write to you?

I've sent you a private message.
Staggies Disabled Supporters Club Chairman