Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 20 Votes - 1.9 Average
Former Players & Managers
(06-26-2021, 08:53 AM)jamiepscot Wrote: Jermaine Hylton has signed for Newport County.
Good luck to him, he never got a chance to really get going here. Good player.

one I would’ve kept , almost every time he played he looked dangerous.

The love in between Yan Songo'o and Derek Adams continues.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/57672153

Always one of the 1st players he sign's when he goes to a new team. Obviously 100% trust and respect between them. Good player.

Australia midfielder Jackson Irvine is unlikely to return to Hibernian following the signing of Jake Doyle-Hayes on a two-year deal after his St Mirren contract expired.
BBC

Jackson Irvine has signed for Saint Pauli so he won’t be coming back but at least he also won’t be playing against us

I noticed on Wednesday evening, former player (and a favourite of mine) Craig Curren and his team, Connah's Quay, were narrowly knocked out of the Champions League. After the two legs, it took an extra time goal to win it for Albanian team, Alashkert.

After all of the concussion issues that cut short the latter part of his time with County, I thought it was great news that he's been able to continue playing.

Sensible Soccer Wrote:I noticed on Wednesday evening, former player (and a favourite of mine) Craig Curren and his team, Connah's Quay, were narrowly knocked out of the Champions League.  After the two legs, it took an extra time goal to win it for Albanian team, Alashkert.

After all of the concussion issues that cut short the latter part of his time with County, I thought it was great news that he's been able to continue playing.

Good to hear, didn't realise he was still playing, wouldn't it be great to have a partnership upfront as prolific as him and Boyce again.

We really were spoiled at that point in them when we had Curran , Boyce , Graham and Schalk around the same time , they all brought something different to the table and all were goalscorers

I still think Schalk never got a fair run in the team, remembering the dross that we had in the relegation year under Coyle, it's baffling Schalk never started more games.

(07-17-2021, 11:13 PM)NVACA Wrote: I still think Schalk never got a fair run in the team, remembering the dross that we had in the relegation year under Coyle, it's baffling Schalk never started more games.

Schalk was one of those strikers who if you give him a half chance 15 yards out he'd bury it. Have him 1v1 on the keeper and the goal at his mercy his would almost always smash it and blast it over the bar.

(07-20-2021, 04:21 PM)Diotor Wrote: Schalk was one of those strikers who if you give him a half chance 15 yards out he'd bury it. Have him 1v1 on the keeper and the goal at his mercy his would almost always smash it and blast it over the bar.

A Ross County legend!
Well in my eyes he is, simply for scoring the second and winning goal in the League Cup Final.

Well done to both Draper and Vigurs a brilliant result tonight in the League Cup.
Both lasted 90 minutes, and neither booked!

MOGO Wrote:A Ross County legend!
Well in my eyes he is, simply for scoring the second and winning goal in the League Cup Final.

Well done to both Draper and Vigurs a brilliant result tonight in the League Cup.
Both lasted 90 minutes, and neither booked!

And agent gardyne doing a great job, Mackay didn't get on

(07-20-2021, 10:26 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: And agent gardyne doing a great job, Mackay didn't get on

Chuckle! Chuckle!
Agent Gardyne not impressing THEM.
Calling for Gardynes head, and Dodds.
A bit early if you ask me.
Wait until Thanksgiving or Xmas.

Apparently Draper strolled through the game, good to see him and Vigurs doing well there, as good as they were at County when fit, they have probably have found their level at the stage of their careers.

(07-20-2021, 04:21 PM)Diotor Wrote: Schalk was one of those strikers who if you give him a half chance 15 yards out he'd bury it. Have him 1v1 on the keeper and the goal at his mercy his would almost always smash it and blast it over the bar.

While of course his league cup winning goal was brilliant, one my favourites of his was the second in a 4-2 loss to Aberdeen at home. After scoring he ran back up the pitch cupping his ear at Coyle, probably asking why he wasn't starting games ahead of the other options we had at the time!

Sean Kelly, released at end of 19/20 season signs for Livingston.

(07-20-2021, 10:26 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: And agent gardyne doing a great job, Mackay didn't get on

Agent Gardyne continuing the great work.
They are calling for his head after a couple of games.
I say leave him alone!

(07-21-2021, 07:12 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: Sean Kelly, released at end of 19/20  season signs for Livingston.

I believe that they are looking for him to play centre half!

Livingston are letting josh mullin go out on loan to Hamilton for the season, WTF!!!!!! They must be even crazier than us for letting him go.

(08-07-2021, 07:46 AM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: Livingston are letting josh mullin go out on loan to Hamilton for the season, WTF!!!!!! They must be even crazier than us for letting him go.

I think Mullin might just be one of those players who looks at star in the Championship but struggles in the top flight.

Jason Naismith scored last minute winner for Killie on Saturday.

Josh Reid started for Coventry on Saturday .