Hi there, Guest! Login Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Vs hib 8th august'
Surprised there's no thread for this yet.
What are your expectations for this game? Starting lineup getting harder to guess now, will Harry Clarke displace Donaldson? 
Hopefully hibs rest a few knowing they need a result away from home in Europe.
I'm going for 1-1 with Callaghan scoring.

I think Hibs are vulnerable at the back and hopefully have a european hangover , ill go for an away win Wink

Appalling!!!!

I wonder how he will change it for the second half ?

(08-08-2021, 12:40 PM)Westhillstaggies Wrote: Surprised there's no thread for this yet.
What are your expectations for this game? Starting lineup getting harder to guess now, will Harry Clarke displace Donaldson? 
Hopefully hibs rest a few knowing they need a result away from home in Europe.
I'm going for 1-1 with Callaghan scoring.

Bang goes your 1-1.
Best you can hope for is 3-3
Big Grin

A work in progress, it will take time and the next three games are tough Rangers H - Aberdeen A - Celtic A , hopefully a couple of defenders incoming next week.

(08-08-2021, 03:46 PM)USSR Tycoon Wrote: Appalling!!!!
not even close to an accurate account
was looking forward to the rangers game but after that p*** i dont think i will bother 8 nil next week is more than likely

That 15 minute spell in the first half was awful. We played okay in the second half when Hibs were in second gear and still created nothing.

I think anyone who looked at that starting XI knew we were in for a hiding. New manager, same pish.

(08-08-2021, 07:36 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: I think anyone who looked at that starting XI knew we were in for a hiding. New manager, same pish.

That was a very good Hibs side, they finished 3rd last year and have virtually the same team of players, where we have had a complete overhaul that's still in progress.

I said after the first 5mins that Boyle was absolutely skinning Iacovitti, Charles Cook was to far upfield to be any help. RCC should have been taken back to double up on Boyle. Simple tactical adjustment that was never made. It really worries me if Mackay couldn't see it.

(08-08-2021, 09:29 PM)jamiepscot Wrote: I said after the first 5mins that Boyle was absolutely skinning Iacovitti, Charles Cook was to far upfield to be any help. RCC should have been taken back to double up on Boyle. Simple tactical adjustment that was never made. It really worries me if Mackay couldn't see it.

Sounds! good to me!
Big Grin

(08-08-2021, 07:57 PM)sheltie79 Wrote: That was a very good Hibs side, they finished 3rd last year and have virtually the same team of players, where we have had a complete overhaul that's still in progress.

A complete overhaul? Ten of the starting eleven were here last season!

(08-08-2021, 11:10 PM)Pete The Jakey Wrote:  
A complete overhaul? Ten of the starting eleven were here last season!

I guess they were but its still a rebuilding job with a new manager and it'll take time.

(08-09-2021, 06:04 AM)sheltie79 Wrote: I guess they were but its still a rebuilding job with a new manager and it'll take time.

Aye it will take time, but my point is that starting with 10 of the duds from last year isn't going to win us many games.  You dont need a PhD in football management to work that out.

(08-09-2021, 09:23 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Aye it will take time, but my point is that starting with 10 of the duds from last year isn't going to win us many games.  You dont need a PhD in football management to work that out.

I dare say not being involved in management for five years doesn't particularly help either.

Malkkky OUT!

(08-09-2021, 09:23 AM)Pete The Jakey Wrote: Aye it will take time, but my point is that starting with 10 of the duds from last year isn't going to win us many games.  You dont need a PhD in football management to work that out.

my thoughts exactly that 10 won’t win us anything , I mean a few of them are ok but realistically we don’t want tillson , Charles-cook, Watson, Donaldson or probably Randall starting , I’m on the fence with Paton too , happy to see white spittal laidlaw and iacovitti keep there places with a blend of new players , I’m certainly hoping Burroughs cancola and Clarke are good as we really need them to be , 2 weeks before our next game is the perfect time to bed in these players and hopefully get a few more in the door

Iacovitti is better as an attacking threat, he's no better defensively than Watson or Donaldson.

Blanking out the first half. I actually thought Charles-Cook was OK yesterday, runs with power and pace albeit very predictable. I thought Clarke looked solid and Burroughs didn't stop running with one or two reasonable attempts on goal.
But again we didn't really look like scoring.
Hibs are a very good side and will be up there again this year.
Our next game, at home with a full house should be much easier  Confused