OvertheBridge
Bye Bye Fenlon - Printable Version

+- OvertheBridge (http://www.overthebridge.info)
+-- Forum: Forums (http://www.overthebridge.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Forum: In The Jailend (http://www.overthebridge.info/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Bye Bye Fenlon (/showthread.php?tid=1163)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Bye Bye Fenlon - Applecross Staggie - 11-01-2013

The first casualty of the season.

OMG do you think that DA will be tempted to go back to Easter Rd.

I think he would find it hard to leave his little Kingdom in the Highlands.

RE: Bye Bye Fenlon - kenthehood - 11-01-2013

he has as much chance as Craig Levein.

RE: Bye Bye Fenlon - wemyss77 - 11-02-2013

Kind of surprised at this, did not think he was doing that bad a job. I suppose the bottom line is though with your local rivals in such as state you are probably expected to beat them more often. The mad old world of football....

RE: Bye Bye Fenlon - Savage Henry - 11-02-2013

Not remotely surprised. Look at any Hibs boards, and the fans have been against him for quite some while.

But Derek Adams' comments about the training ground culture when he was there is likely to have rubbed some folk at Hibs up the wrong way. Hope so, anyway.

RE: Bye Bye Fenlon - Spain - 11-02-2013

Yep, no surprise here. Not sure what to think of the potential return of Kenny Shiels though. It's quite pleasant not having to listen to his latest rant on Sportsound etc. this season.

RE: Bye Bye Fenlon - Brora Boy - 11-02-2013

I sincerely hope that Sheils get gets the job because if he doesn't I do fear that Petrie may come knocking for DA and, as much as he enjoys life at County and in the Highlands, he would be bound to be tempted by the higher salary, much higher player budget and the enormous challenge of turning round a genuinely big club who have been under performing for years if not decades.

That said, I can see Sheils getting the gig Have to disagree with Spain, I find Sheils a breath of fresh air and, although he can go over the top sometimes, find his post match interviews about the most entertaining thing on Sportsound.

RE: Bye Bye Fenlon - RoyalStaggie - 11-02-2013

he was probably told leave or your getting fire

RE: Bye Bye Fenlon - Savage Henry - 11-02-2013

(11-02-2013, 08:55 AM)Spain Wrote: Yep, no surprise here. Not sure what to think of the potential return of Kenny Shiels though. It's quite pleasant not having to listen to his latest rant on Sportsound etc. this season.

Right. Kenny Shiels is just obnoxious. He doesn't remotely mean a thing he says. At least Derek Adams is occasionally honest, and keeps his comments vaguely reasonable.

Shiels just spouts poisoned bile.

RE: Hibs vacancy candidates - Les Westander - 11-02-2013

Del did not go to Aberdeen and I don't expect him to go to Hibs. I imagine he will want to continue his work developing the squad and enjoy the fruits of that before a move - possibly to England.

As for Kenny Shiels, I find him hugely entertaining; sometimes making an interesting point; occasionally outrageously annoying; and generally refreshingly different from any other manager.

RE: Bye Bye Fenlon - staggie2509 - 11-02-2013

Think Butcher appears to be the favourite - potential to turn the club around quite easily with his contacts - he may be tempted as there is the potential to challenge Celtic if he can get things right....interesting to see if an approach is made and if he'd take it?

RE: Hibs vacancy candidates - number8 - 11-02-2013

(11-02-2013, 03:25 PM)Les Westander Wrote: Del did not go to Aberdeen and I don't expect him to go to Hibs. I imagine he will want to continue his work developing the squad and enjoy the fruits of that before a move - possibly to England.

As for Kenny Shiels, I find him hugely entertaining; sometimes making an interesting point; occasionally outrageously annoying; and generally refreshingly different from any other manager.

1) DA will not be on the Hibs list even if it runs to 47 candidates
2) Sheils is singularly obnoxious

RE: Bye Bye Fenlon - tattiedave - 11-03-2013

(11-02-2013, 10:15 PM)staggie2509 Wrote: Think Butcher appears to be the favourite - potential to turn the club around quite easily with his contacts - he may be tempted as there is the potential to challenge Celtic if he can get things right....interesting to see if an approach is made and if he'd take it?

At last,someone thinking before posting!

RE: Bye Bye Fenlon - Savage Henry - 11-03-2013

Terry Butcher's said he's going nowhere on the BBC. Which is what he said after he rejected the job down south.

RE: Bye Bye Fenlon - staggie2509 - 11-03-2013

Let's see what happens then once they speak to him, Hibs have a structure that is just crying out for someone to walk in there and turn things around, it wouldn't take that much and Butcher would turn things around very quickly!

RE: Bye Bye Fenlon - Fleackeuy - 11-03-2013

(11-03-2013, 02:58 AM)tattiedave Wrote: [quote='staggie2509' pid='29468' dateline='1383426921']
Think Butcher appears to be the favourite - potential to turn the club around quite easily with his contacts - he may be tempted as there is the potential to challenge Celtic if he can get things right....interesting to see if an approach is made and if he'd take it?

At last,someone thinking before posting!

BBC Scotland's Chick Young
"It's a one-horse race for the Hibs job and Terry Butcher will be in place at Easter Road by the end of next week."

A bold prediction from Chick or does he have the inside scoop?

RE: Bye Bye Fenlon - Spain - 11-03-2013

(11-03-2013, 01:16 PM)Fleackeuy Wrote: BBC Scotland's Chick Young
"It's a one-horse race for the Hibs job and Terry Butcher will be in place at Easter Road by the end of next week."

Bold indeed, he may be top of the list but he's pretty happy up here. I still think it'll be Kenny Shiels, or another plucked from obscurity somewhere.

RE: Bye Bye Fenlon - Fleackeuy - 11-03-2013

(11-03-2013, 01:29 PM)Spain Wrote:
(11-03-2013, 01:16 PM)Fleackeuy Wrote: BBC Scotland's Chick Young

Bold indeed, he may be top of the list but he's pretty happy up here. I still think it'll be Kenny Shiels, or another plucked from obscurity somewhere.

Aye!
Chick, has been wrong before!

RE: Bye Bye Fenlon - Spain - 11-03-2013

(11-03-2013, 01:51 PM)Fleackeuy Wrote:
(11-03-2013, 01:29 PM)Spain Wrote: Bold indeed, he may be top of the list but he's pretty happy up here. I still think it'll be Kenny Shiels, or another plucked from obscurity somewhere.

Aye!
Chick, has been wrong before!

Just the once or twice... Confused

RE: Bye Bye Fenlon - wemyss77 - 11-03-2013

Kind of hope he is right this time!!! Can't see it though, seems to be settled where he is, and to be honest is doing a bloody good job. Did anyone see the "hard done by" interview on STV the other night by the way? If you set up your team to bully this is inevitable I fear and can see a few more bust ups involving ICT this year if they keep going out set up like that.

RE: Bye Bye Fenlon - StuartTaylor - 11-03-2013

Wouldn't be surprised if Butcher takes it, although he seems to love living up here, he maybe feels he has done as much as he can with ICT, and lets face it he has done brilliantly, but the people of Inverness still refuse to get behind the club in decent numbers which clearly frustrates him.
Although he maybe feels they have a decent chance of the league cup, which they have, and will stay for that.
I would love to get their scout, he has done brilliantly for them.